Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wendy's

Default Re: Wendy's

How does 405 Pizza compare with All American? Prices are about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eventide451 View Post
    405 Pizza is great. We've eaten there probably 10 times since it opened. Leonardo's is good, so long as you're expecting taqueria and not Hildalgo's. It is a bit overpriced, however.
    My experience with Leonardo's was the opposite. I was hoping for taqueria and found it to be more Hildago's. What I really wanted it to be is something like Tacos San Pedro or the dollar taco truck at SW 44th & May.

Leonardo's is pricey and I would choose Ted's or Alfredo's over Leonardo's.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    How does 405 Pizza compare with All American? Prices are about the same.
    I would say about the same. I've only had 405 Pizza twice but both times the crust was well cooked. About half the time, All American doesn't get the crust completely cooked on the bottom.

I liked 405's turkey melt sandwich much more than the pizza. That's not to say I didn't like the pizza, I just really liked the sandwich.

I do want to come by and try a toasted sandwich at 405 Pizza for lunch some time.

Quote Originally Posted by eventide451 View Post
    405 Pizza is great. We've eaten there probably 10 times since it opened. Leonardo's is good, so long as you're expecting taqueria and not Hildalgo's. It is a bit overpriced, however.
    There was nothing at either one of those places that would make me want to return. Stars and Stripes pizza is much better and a better deal. Makes me wonder what everyone who is raving about those two places have had before to compare it to. But tastes do vary. I’ve never tried All American so can’t compare it.

This is the new Wendy's on MacArthur in just south of I-40

A new Wendy's will be going in south of 7-11 on the east side of Rockwell and south of Memorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A new Wendy's will be going in south of 7-11 on the east side of Rockwell and south of Memorial.
    A Wendy's that had been permitted for SW89th and Penn has been rescinded and the property is for sale.

I hope this will bring a Burger King to far NW Okc.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Wendy's has been expanding and BK generally contracting.

BK has added two new Edmond locations and they have added a couple around LA.

Depends on how "far NW" you mean. BK has had a location at Council and Britton for years.

I don't see any additional BK locations being added soon, but the fast food winds can always change. I wouldn't have guess Wendy's would be on a building spree 3 years ago.

San Marcos at 122nd and Rockwell used to be a Burger King about 20 years ago. In fact, it still pretty much looks like a Burger King.

A lot of the opening/closing decisions for different fast food chains depends on the franchisee (or franchisees) in a particular area.

16. Default Re: Wendy's

All this talk about Wendy's brings back memories. A Casa Bonita manager I worked under was fired. Wrongly BTW. He became the manager at the NW EXP Wendy's and asked me to go with him which I did. I don't know how many thousands of pounds of fresh hamburger I ran through the square patty machine or how many thousands of pounds of potatoes I ran through the curly fry cutter putting myself through school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    All this talk about Wendy's brings back memories. A Casa Bonita manager I worked under was fired. Wrongly BTW. He became the manager at the NW EXP Wendy's and asked me to go with him which I did. I don't know how many thousands of pounds of fresh hamburger I ran through the square patty machine or how many thousands of pounds of potatoes I ran through the curly fry cutter putting myself through school.
    Does each location still press their own patties or do they come that way from a supplier? I have never seen patties being pressed in a Wendy's

18. Default Re: Wendy's

Does each location still press their own patties or do they come that way from a supplier? I have never seen patties being pressed in a Wendy's
    I worked there in '77 so I have no idea now. But back then one prep guy (me) got there at 7am to press out bulk hamburger in a motorized press and run hundreds of potatoes through a curly slicer. Both in quantity to make it through that day. Or so you hoped. You never saw it done because it was in the back room before opening time.

The restaurant at 13524 N Rockwell is now open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wendys - 8-9-2021.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	991.0 KB 
ID:	17027

What’s that building in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    What’s that building in the background?
    Rapid Wash is north of it. Galaxy Home Recreation is to the Northeast.

Deer Crest is north across the street but only a small strip mall is under construction now.

The Wendy's on Air Depot in Midwest City has closed. It was right next to Aldi's. Not sure when this occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The Wendy's on Air Depot in Midwest City has closed. It was right next to Aldi's. Not sure when this occurred.
    i think this was the plan once the Midwest City 15th and Sooner wendys opened ..

Thread Information