Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wendy's

Default Re: Wendy's

^^^^ it’s common in virtually every major city in the US. They will be fine. I’m happy Wendy’s brought back the spicy nuggets but it seems like it a limited thing.

Far North New Wendy's at NW 178th and Western

I was told that a new Wendy's is coming to the corner of 178th and Western, across from Louie's and OnCue.

According to the OK County Assessor, Legacy Bank owns the open southeast corner. But "Restraurant Holdings LLC" has a plot just behind the newly constructed OnCue on the southwest corner. This will put it next to a soon to be built Okie Express car wash.

An OKC commercial building permit has been filed for a new Wendy's at 2101 SW 89th, on the NW corner of Penn & SW 89th, which presently holds the remains of a dead Circle-K.

There's a newer looking Wendy's on 40 and meridian.

Whomever is the franchisee for Wendy's in OKC must be doing great business to be able to build all of these new locations.

I have noticed that in the last five years, a lot of new Wendy's have opened in OKC, and a lot of Arby's have closed. I couldn't believe how many Arby's were around back in 2015/16.

Default Re: New Wendy's at NW 178th and Western

That's an interesting spot for a Wendy's. I am pretty curious what will go in on the southeast corner of that intersection, that's a prime spot now that the OnCue is about finished.

hopefully not a Nail Salon, for the love of god!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    hopefully not a Nail Salon, for the love of god!!!!
    #truth

A new Wendys going up at SW 15th and Mustang Rd.

I've never been a big fan of Wendy's but I have been home-bound and unable to drive for 12 days while my wife was out of the country and did a bit of Door Dash ordering and Wendy's was so good I ordered it again the next day! Now I'm excited for the new location on 178th & Western.

If anybody cares to download the app I'm not sure how much longer they're running a promo for a free large fry witha ny mobile order

Can stack the 2 for $5. I normally get 10 pc spicy nuggets, spicy chicken sandwich, and large fry for $5.41

Wendy's has that really good 4 for 4 deal as well. If I'm not in the mood to cook, but also don't want to spend $10 - $20 going out to eat, you can get 8 spicy nuggets, a double stack, fries, and a drink for less than $6. Usually my go-to fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I've never been a big fan of Wendy's but I have been home-bound and unable to drive for 12 days while my wife was out of the country and did a bit of Door Dash ordering and Wendy's was so good I ordered it again the next day! Now I'm excited for the new location on 178th & Western.
    We must be neighbors, I live in the Silver Elms independent living, formerly Edmond Mansionss.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    We must be neighbors, I live in the Silver Elms independent living, formerly Edmond Mansionss.
    C. T.
    I had to look up where that is. You are really close to the new Wendys. I'm about a mile and a half West.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Very good to know, thanks! Was disappointed when we saw they offered it a few years ago, then drove up to the one on 36th/May one morning and it wasn't open for breakfast. It'll be a nice option to Dunkin' and McD's when we have to do a quick breakfast, since Wendy's is within walking distance from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    C. T.
    I'm to the north of you C.T. just a short walk. Was hoping for something better than a Wendy's, but that area, and to the west and north has been pretty restaurant starved and folks are willing to accept just about anything. Take the new 405 Pizza and Leonardo's Mexican restaurants to the west. Both of which have been receiving high reviews amongst the locals, but are marginal at best. My daughter loves Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets, so I guess that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    Was hoping for something better than a Wendy's, but that area, and to the west and north has been pretty restaurant starved and folks are willing to accept just about anything.
    Agreed! I'm not sure why this area of NWOKC is so limited with close food choices? Twin Oaks, Copper Creek, Silverhawk, Valencia, Rushbrook, etc are all packed with families, who like everyone else, need to eat food everyday. This Wendy's will be successful for those who live in NWOKC/West Edmond and can avoid Penn/Memorial traffic for fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I had to look up where that is. You are really close to the new Wendys. I'm about a mile and a half West.
    Corwin,
    Yes, I'm almost right across the street.
    C. T.

Not sure if this had been previously posted, but Wendy's is starting construction on a new location on NW 178th (Edmond Road).

The site is just west of Western on the south side of 178th, just to the west of OnCue.

21. Default Re: Wendy's

I've also heard one is going to be built on the SE corner of SE 89th and I-35 on a site that was formerly a gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I've also heard one is going to be built on the SE corner of SE 89th and I-35 on a site that was formerly a gas station.
    Demolition permit for that old truck stop was just issued today; I don't see any building permits for anything in-progress yet. Lot is owned by "E & K Investments, LLC", which tracks back to Frank Eskridge (which owns the Eskridge auto dealerships).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not sure if this had been previously posted, but Wendy's is starting construction on a new location on NW 178th (Edmond Road).

The site is just west of Western on the south side of 178th, just to the west of OnCue.
    Pete,
    Starting is an understatement, I live across the street from them (Edmond Mansions/Silver Elm) and they could be cooking tomorrow! Ok, not really but they are moving really fast and I suspect they will be open in about a month.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I work near here so hope this is true. I wondered how long it would be before businesses started coming to this area after the Rother Shrine announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    I'm to the north of you C.T. just a short walk. Was hoping for something better than a Wendy's, but that area, and to the west and north has been pretty restaurant starved and folks are willing to accept just about anything. Take the new 405 Pizza and Leonardo's Mexican restaurants to the west. Both of which have been receiving high reviews amongst the locals, but are marginal at best. My daughter loves Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets, so I guess that's a plus.
    405 Pizza is great. We've eaten there probably 10 times since it opened. Leonardo's is good, so long as you're expecting taqueria and not Hildalgo's. It is a bit overpriced, however.

Thread Information