Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: General Weather Discussion - March 2014

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2014

Is this looking like potentially a major outbreak? How does it compare to May 31, 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Is this looking like potentially a major outbreak? How does it compare to May 31, 2013?
    bchris,

I like the hell out of you. You really have some interesting thoughts here. I don't always agree, but they're almost always interesting.

BUT....

Could you do yourself (and the rest of us) a big favor and get a scrip before storm season?

Just playin' with 'ya (well, sorta). But I hope this season is easier on you than last. Three deep breaths, everytime you see red on the radar anywhere close to Oklahoma City.

3. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2014

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    New Year's resolution for you...even though this is a late. Never ask a "how does it compare to [insert outbreak here]" question again. You'll enjoy life more.

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    new year's resolution for you...even though this is a late. Never ask a "how does it compare to [insert outbreak here]" question again. you'll enjoy life more.
    preach it!

Somebody on another site is suggesting that we could have strong tornadoes on Wednesday in parts of OK?

I relay my observations to the NWS, News on 6, Tulsa's channel 8, Channel 2 news, and 102.3 Newstalk KRMG. (All in Tulsa) I've been on the radio/media several times and have gave several reports to help people know where the worst of the weather is and is heading. Don't tell me that's not giving people information to help stay safe.

Now on to the weather.... Venture, what's your data suggesting for Wednesday and Thursday? I'm seeing a pretty high probability of all modes of severe weather both Wednesday and Thursday as a dry line looks to pop off a few supercell storms as it moves towards Eastern OK. The mets in Tulsa are predicting a high chance.... Could we be possibly looking for a "PDS" tornado watch being issued for either Wednesday or Thursday? Thanks Venture

8. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - March 2014

Please continue all discussion in the April thread - General Weather Discussion - April 2014 - OKCTalk

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman12 View Post
    OKCBOOMER... Please show me where someone wished for death and destruction. The comment was simple as followed,

Venture... So do you think Tulsa area will be out of this? About how far in miles from Tulsa? I'm planning on chasing Thursday but don't want to go way to far from Tulsa. Also, according to the info you provided what do you think the chances are of Tornadoes

Do you see anywhere I said I wish for death and destruction? I don't want to go to far from Tulsa because it can get very dangerous for chasers and people due to the hilly terrain.
    I'll keep this in the March thread as to not interupt the current weather thread.............

First off Soonerman, you want me blocked from the weather discussion, yet you want me to answer your questions. Anyway, here is your quote that indicates you don't mind death and destruction. Keep in mind, when a tornado sets down in a populated area, death and destruction is almost a given.

"Yeah I've chased that area before it can get pretty difficult to see some times. Are any models showing a further west trend at all?"

You are hoping there is further west trend so you can chase the storm. F everyone else as long as you can chase. Right?
    The only way you can get a better look at it is for the tornado to be in a more populated area where you can get around to chase. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman12 View Post
    LOL Too bad you can't block OKCBoomer from this forum Venture. He's obviously ignorant to the people on this site. Your absolutely right Plutonic Panda, we risk our lives because we love to help and give vital information to save lives. Tornadoes are going to happen in this state no matter what so we might as well study them. OKCboomer, If all of us chasers stop chasing tell me how much warning time you would have... I know that radars can detect rotation but many times it's hard to tell if one is actually touching the ground. Also, you think we are sick and twisted and filling a void in our lives? So are you saying people that fight fires are sick? Do police officers become police officers so they can shoot someone and fill a sick void? The answer is no, there's actually people out there trying to help and keep this world safe. I'm sorry that someone has made you such a sad disappointing person that doesn't have a d@mn thing to believe in. Do you always think people are out to get you? Are you the type that thinks the government controls our weather? Lol I mean you act like us chasers create the d@mn tornado. Good day to you sir.
    OMG, are you serious? You think you are keeping the world safe? Thanks for making my point.

Some chase for fun, some chase for money, some chase to provide info.

There's nothing wrong with any of those. We can't control the weather, so getting bent out of shape because they may want to see a storm or a tornado is the wrong use of your energy. They aren't creating one with their thoughts, and you aren't preventing one with yours. They will happen or not happen either way.... Some will get enjoyment out of the pure thrill, others will get enjoyment out of the research and knowledge aspect.

At the end of the day we are all impacted by it, however. And no one wishes for destruction.

Seriously, this guy needs to be blocked from this thread. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by okcboomer View Post
    I'll keep this in the March thread as to not interupt the current weather thread.............

First off Soonerman, you want me blocked from the weather discussion, yet you want me to answer your questions. Anyway, here is your quote that indicates you don't mind death and destruction. Keep in mind, when a tornado sets down in a populated area, death and destruction is almost a given.

"Yeah I've chased that area before it can get pretty difficult to see some times. Are any models showing a further west trend at all?"

You are hoping there is further west trend so you can chase the storm. F everyone else as long as you can chase. Right?
    The only way you can get a better look at it is for the tornado to be in a more populated area where you can get around to chase. Correct?
    All chasers agree the best land is very wide, open land in places like western Oklahoma or western Kansas, some of the most sparsely populated land in the nation. Nobody wants to chase in a metropolitan area. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Some chase for fun, some chase for money, some chase to provide info.

There's nothing wrong with any of those. We can't control the weather, so getting bent out of shape because they may want to see a storm or a tornado is the wrong use of your energy. They aren't creating one with their thoughts, and you aren't preventing one with yours. They will happen or not happen either way.... Some will get enjoyment out of the pure thrill, others will get enjoyment out of the research and knowledge aspect.

At the end of the day we are all impacted by it, however. And no one wishes for destruction.
    I see what you're saying, but I just don't understand those who hate to see a tornado breakout east of us or the cap hold strong preventing a major outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    Seriously, this guy needs to be blocked from this thread. Please.
    No one is stopping you from ignoring me, no one.........

okcboomer, these threads are for discussing weather information. please keep your drama out of them. thanks. -M

Thread Information