Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breaking Bad

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I never saw "Inception" but "No Country For Old Men" is probably on my Top 15 List.
    That Javier Bardiem (or whatever) character has to go down in history as one of the baddest, most evil, characters ever.
    He could have kicked the entire collective ass of the gang Walt had to deal with. (as did Walt, btw. =)
    That coin-flipping scene in the remote filling station was chilling.
    Watching that scene actually made me feel fear. I was scared of the dude, probably more disturbed by him than any other villain in any other film. Bardem really nailed that role (with a captive bolt gun!)

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    What bugs me is why movie makers think it's important to tie up every
    loose end. I believe there are instances when the viewer should be left to
    his/her own imagination. Personally I don't want to be spoon fed with every
    boring detail.
    Ambiguous endings are fine with me. But I can think of no scenario that would have made it possible for Huell, Bill Burr's character, or Saul to actually get near enough to something that Brock was eating in order to put the Lily of the Valley in it without him noticing. One moment of laziness in a whole series isn't bad, though.

3. Default Re: Breaking Bad

Stop what you are doing and watch Inception

Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    Ambiguous endings are fine with me. But I can think of no scenario that would have made it possible for Huell, Bill Burr's character, or Saul to actually get near enough to something that Brock was eating in order to put the Lily of the Valley in it without him noticing. One moment of laziness in a whole series isn't bad, though.
    I think Walt did the deed himself. Remember when he went to Brock's house trying to find Jesse in season 5. Brock kept giving Walt the stinkeye. And I think it would be very easy to do something like that. I can see Walt hanging out at the park saying "Hey kid. Wanna ice cream cone?" There's any number of ways it could've been done.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Stop what you are doing and watch Inception
    Is it on Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Is it on Netflix?
    Probably not. Every time I look on Netflix for a movie, they don't have it. I think their strength is supposed to be TV shows.

Just wanted to say I finally watched this show and holy f@cking sh’t what an amazing piece of work. I usually don’t like TV shows but I said “what the hell” I’ll give a watch for the first episode and man I was hooked. Started binge watching the entire series.

Now I’m watching Better Call Saul and frankly I think it’s even superior to BB. El Camino was incredible too. I think Todd is one of the best portrayals of a complete sociopath I’ve ever seen. Yes we see him kill a little kid in complete cold blood without hesitation with no problem in BB but in El Camino the way he treats Jesse is just chilling like he’s a dog. Just great writing.

I’m on Season 5 Episode 3 of BCS and I guess I’ll have to purchase AMC+ for Season 6. Jimmy is a really a heart breaking character because though he certainly isn’t Mother Teresa he is a decent guy just dealt a bad hand of cards and knows what he got into like anyone of us but it is what it is. What an incredible show. The only series that isn’t animated I’ve ever watched in full was Fresh Prince of Bel Air. But boy do I love this one. Any other fans here??

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Just wanted to say I finally watched this show and holy f@cking sh’t what an amazing piece of work. I usually don’t like TV shows but I said “what the hell” I’ll give a watch for the first episode and man I was hooked. Started binge watching the entire series.

Now I’m watching Better Call Saul and frankly I think it’s even superior to BB. El Camino was incredible too. I think Todd is one of the best portrayals of a complete sociopath I’ve ever seen. Yes we see him kill a little kid in complete cold blood without hesitation with no problem in BB but in El Camino the way he treats Jesse is just chilling like he’s a dog. Just great writing.

I’m on Season 5 Episode 3 of BCS and I guess I’ll have to purchase AMC+ for Season 6. Jimmy is a really a heart breaking character because though he certainly isn’t Mother Teresa he is a decent guy just dealt a bad hand of cards and knows what he got into like anyone of us but it is what it is. What an incredible show. The only series that isn’t animated I’ve ever watched in full was Fresh Prince of Bel Air. But boy do I love this one. Any other fans here??
    BB and BCS are 2 of the best shows in TV history.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy15 View Post
    BB and BCS are 2 of the best shows in TV history.
    I completely agree.

This scene in particular got me. This isn’t the same shot from BB. The reshot it for BCS and they are on point. I feel so bad for Saul even though he knew what he was getting into it shows how Walt f@cked everyone’s life up around him. Just incredible story telling.

I'm coincidentally rewatching Breaking Bad. We really enjoyed it during its original run, but we never really got into Better Call Saul. The goal now is to rewatch BB for the purpose of refreshing on it so we can binge through BCS.

Bob Odenkirk's memoir is well worth the read, especially for fans of BB and BCS.

I like BCS better. The cinematography and post-production elemtns are just out of this world.

Both are great. I just think BB got them to the point in their career where they could spread their wings in BCS with more creativity on the production side of things such as very dynamic camera angles, captivating color-grading, creative staging and blocking, and of course letting the actors grow into their roles in a comfortable and natural way. I think Better Call Saul will end up being a Master Class in creative production for many years to come. Their ability to paint a scene and tell a complete story with no dialogue but simply with camera work and color-grading is unparalleled right now on TV. A 5 second shot on BCS can tell you more and convey more emotion than a complete 22 minute TV show on the modern airwaves.

Not all series finales are disappointing: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newhart-tv-show-582x400.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	17696

Thread Information