Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Prunepicker Guest

Default Breaking Bad

Dang!

I've been watching this program for quite a while. Now the last few
    episodes are available on Netflix streaming. This is one of the best series I've
    ever watched.

Are there any fans? Walt has the same Pork Pie hat that I have. I bought
    it before knowing about the series. There have been a couple of science
    issues I've had, I'll need to watch the series with more scrutiny and take
    notes.

Please, if you comment and are talking about the finale or the last few
    episodes put SPOILER ALERT at the beginning of your post. Some of us
    are seeing this for the first time and would like to see it unhampered.

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Love love love BB!!!! I have seen every episode and the series finale is one of the best finale's I have ever seen.

It is generally recognized that Breaking Bad is neck in neck with The Wire and The Sopranos (with Homicide Life on The Streets, Deadwood and Carnivale) being the best things ever shared on television.

I still can't believe Malcolm in the Middle's Dad is such a good actor.
    Playing a bad acter. =)

Breaking Bad is the best argument ever for not getting involved with speed on any level.
    (without being all preachy about it)

(sorry . . . the American version of House of Cards just objected to not being included in the "best of" list.)

(and there's a whole bunch of Brit productions whining off camera)

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Love love love BB!!!! I have seen every episode and the series finale is one
    of the best finale's I have ever seen.
    I have this fear that it will be as bad as the Monk finale. Talk about a total
    let down. It was like they ran out of money and had to create an irrelevant
    ending.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'll check this out after I see the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    ending.
    You will not be disappointed! My all time worse series finale has to be the Soprano's.

ending.
    One of the best endings ever. You will not be disappointed.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I'm sure you're right.

Yeah Breaking Bad is really good. I love the way that it ends. Especially what Walt makes Skinny Pete and Badger do.

Are there any fans?
    Prune...I had to check the date on your post 3 times to make sure I wasn't reading an old thread! "Breaking Bad" was only around for 5 years! Where have you been? LOL To answer your question...yes, there are a TON of fans! Many of whom have been following that show since it first aired. Don't feel bad...I'm old like you and I was also late to the game. We had to play "catch up" on Netflix so we'd be up to speed before the finale aired. Great show, don't you think? I don't have HBO, so I had to search the pawnshops for DVDs of "The Wire". Finally found a set of the first season so now we're going to try and catch up to what everyone else has known all along. Damn...I hate getting old. lol

SPOILER ALERT I:
    Trending (off to the side) on Facebook, yesterday: "Aaron Paul in Serious Talks Regarding Sequel to Breaking Bad."

(Hmmmmm......)

SPOILER ALERT II:

Working Title: "Breaking Bad Wind"

Synopsis: Aaron Paul, in order to stay one step ahead of the Feds (and other cops and criminals) for past misdeeds, moves to a peaceful valley in Central California where he buys a rundown bean farm and gets involved with arranging old-fashioned Western Cookouts around the campfire in addition to growing beans. Mr. Haney will be played by Saul the Former Lawyer disguised a a migrant laborer.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I saw it! Fantastic. Not at all what I expected. Truthfully I set myself up for a
    let down because so many last episodes are lame, i.e. Monk is an example.

I wonder if there will be a sequel with Jesse?

No sequel but there is a prequel planned.
    Better Call Saul is in the works. Jesse will probably appear in some episodes but probably no Walt or Hank.

They could have a sequel with Walt and Hank appearing in flashbacks . . .

Here is one thing that I found extra good about Breaking Bad:
    I knew that Brian Cranston was a good actor from his work in Malcolm in the Middle (not to mention his role as the converted-to-Judaism dentist on Seinfeld) yet who would have thought that his acting range extended so far? Not me.

Problem is--on account of he ain't no Billy Bob Thornton--he will always be Walt in most people's eyes.
    Sort of like the guy who played Tony Soprano or Commander Data on Star Trek.

Dean Norris (Hank) has indicated he's not interested. Which I find surprising.
    Aaron Paul wants to be on Better Call Saul, Dean Norris trying to go straight · Newswire · The A.V. Club

So Dean Norris is thinking about pulling a Pernell Roberts prequel?
    As good as he was in that role, and since now he is typecast anyway, I'm sort of surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Dean Norris (Hank) has indicated he's not interested. Which I find surprising.
    Aaron Paul wants to be on Better Call Saul, Dean Norris trying to go straight · Newswire · The A.V. Club
    So Dean Norris is thinking about pulling a Pernell "Bonanza Boy" Roberts prequel here?
    As good as he was in that role, and since now he is typecast anyway, I'm sort of surprised.
    (by "he" I mean Dean. Not Pernell.)

I Dvr'd Breaking Bad when they did the marathon before the finale. Still have it on there and am currently re-watching it. Great show. One of the best.

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    No sequel but there is a prequel planned.
    Better Call Saul is in the works. Jesse will probably appear in some episodes but probably no Walt or Hank.
    I really wish they would just leave Breaking Bad alone. It's a perfect show from beginning to end, and I'm afraid that a spinoff, prequel, sequel, or whatever will dilute what may be one of the greatest shows of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I really wish they would just leave Breaking Bad alone. It's a perfect show from beginning to end, and I'm afraid that a spinoff, prequel, sequel, or whatever will dilute what may be one of the greatest shows of all time.
    Yeah, the odds of it being good are pretty low. However if they stick to filling in the back story of how all the pieces start to fall together there is a chance of it being ok.

Prunepicker Guest

I'm starting from the beginning. LOL!

I love the pop quiz, i.e. the periodic table designations, during the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    From what I understand, and I could be wrong, Better Call Saul will have very little to do with Breaking Bad. Since Saul was the comic relief in BB, his series is supposed to have a more humorous feel. Not a comedy but more light and homorous. It's supposed to be about Saul and his goofy clients etc.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    From what I understand, and I could be wrong, Better Call Saul will have very little to do with Breaking Bad. Since Saul was the comic relief in BB, his series is supposed to have a more humorous feel. Not a comedy but more light and homorous. It's supposed to be about Saul and his goofy clients etc.
    All the Huell you can handle, which isnt a bad thing.

Thread Information