Widgets Magazine

Thread: 15th and Western?

Default 15th and Western?

Anyone know what's going in here? Both SE and SW corners have been cleared.

Default Re: 15th and Western?

Quote Originally Posted by brownb01 View Post
    Anyone know what's going in here? Both SE and SW corners have been cleared.
    Yeah - the SE corner was cleared first and has a road and sidewalk. The SW Corner it was very noticeable since it was covered with trees....but, that is in Oklahoma City actually (this is the point where I wish we still had the sub-forums for quadrants of the City since 164th & Western thread would get lost in all the Downtown OKC talk).

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Yeah - the SE corner was cleared first and has a road and sidewalk. The SW Corner it was very noticeable since it was covered with trees....but, that is in Oklahoma City actually (this is the point where I wish we still had the sub-forums for quadrants of the City since 164th & Western thread would get lost in all the Downtown OKC talk).
    So...does anyone know what's going to be built at these locations? Its obvious there is dirt work.

Regardless of what city zones the work...it's an Edmond address.

I believe a new OnCue

[WIKI_IMAGE][/WIKI_IMAGE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I believe a new OnCue

There is a brand new Oncue 2 miles south. Not to say they wouldn't build another but that would be surprising

You're right, I was confused with another location.

Grocery store will be Natural Grocers:

SE corner is a Firestone and something else (I believe Pete has posted the drawings elsewhere for that development)

So...does anyone know what's going to be built at these locations? Its obvious there is dirt work.

Regardless of what city zones the work...it's an Edmond address.

Well as far as permits and finding out what is going there, its OKC. I'm not sure it would be an Edmond address anyway, it appears the 7-eleven across the street has an Oklahoma City address:
    16500 N Western
    Oklahoma City, OK 73003

But I think what you are saying is as far as it being in the Edmond forum... and I would say I would agree as long as no one else is up-tight about it. It will certainly be servicing Edmond people.

Well as far as permits and finding out what is going there, its OKC. I'm not sure it would be an Edmond address anyway, it appears the 7-eleven across the street has an Oklahoma City address:
    16500 N Western
    Oklahoma City, OK 73003

But I think what you are saying is as far as it being in the Edmond forum... and I would say I would agree as long as no one else is up-tight about it. It will certainly be servicing Edmond people.
    The walmart across the street and all the houses behind Walmart and all the houses to the south and southwest of where the grocery store will be all have Edmond addresses and Edmond schools

The red dotted line below is the Edmond city limits.

It's common for people to not use the technically correct city in their address line; mail is driven by zip code anyway.

The house I grew up in was in Warr Acres and yet every bit of mail we ever received said Oklahoma City.

I knew it was outside Edmond City limits. where the limits are to the East is a water connection where they hooked up Edmond & OKC water a few years back, so it's fairly easy to see where the line is. Brownb, not trying to argue where the limits were, it just seems that at one point it was looked down upon to put stuff in the Edmond forum that was technically OKC, though to me it makes it a heck of a lot easier to find things that are in the "Edmond area". I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason is with addressing though. My church is just over the line in OKC but also has an Edmond address.

I knew it was outside Edmond City limits. where the limits are to the East is a water connection where they hooked up Edmond & OKC water a few years back, so it's fairly easy to see where the line is. Brownb, not trying to argue where the limits were, it just seems that at one point it was looked down upon to put stuff in the Edmond forum that was technically OKC, though to me it makes it a heck of a lot easier to find things that are in the "Edmond area". I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason is with addressing though. My church is just over the line in OKC but also has an Edmond address.
    Gotcha. Yes, I would agree. Out of the city limits but still an edmond address and still edmond schools. If it had an edmond address and edmond schools...kinda makes sense to be on and edmond board. But...I get the point, could be okc as well. I live in this area and it's a common confusion because of the utilities being provided by okc. I live outside that red line and according to the county accessors site I still live in edmond and my kids go to edmond schools.

The walmart across the street and all the houses behind Walmart and all the houses to the south and southwest of where the grocery store will be all have Edmond addresses and Edmond schools
    All have Edmond zips and schools, but are technically within the corporate bounds of Oklahoma City and are served by OKC utilities, fire and OKCPD. As I like to call it, we are Edmond "Lite."

Pete, can you confirm the Natural Grocer's? We had heard this rumor, but when we went down to their store in Norman yesterday, staff there said their OKC location would be on 23rd Street.

I have heard that the SE corner is a condo/townhome development. Perhaps I am wrong in that. I remember it being discussed in Council several months back.

^

I've heard this news from a real estate broker who would know.

OKC is listed as "coming soon" on the NG website.

Have not heard about a 23rd Street location but they were quoted as looking for "at least one and maybe two" OKC locations in March of 2013.

If anybody is still confused about Edmond addresses, It has to do with the post office that services your area. I live in OKC, OKC services (refuse pickup, fire and police, et al), Spencer phone (exchange 771) with a zip code of 73013, served by the 33rd and Kelly post office. I am several miles away from the Edmond city limits.
    C. T.

Thread Information