Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Default Re: Bleu Garten

^^^^
    Thanks Pete. Is Bleu Garten going to operate the bar or is there going to be an outside operator?

Bleu Garten will have their own full bar.

Blog Entries

That answers the revenue question...

4. Default Re: Bleu Garten

That was my point. Whether or not they charge food trucks for spot rental is probably going to be relatively inconsequential to the revenue generated by the bar, from which they receive all of the profit. I'm sure they will be keeping charges to the food trucks at a low enough level so as to not discourage participation. The trucks drive the bar's business (and vice versa, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    HWheat, I apologize if this is such a basic question, but how is Bleu Garten going to make money to pay for leasing the property and all the improvements done? Will there be a charge to get in? Will the food trucks be charged to operate there?
    Hey guy's, all of our profit is driven by the bar. The food trucks will be charged on an incentive base, so all the way down to 5% with no upfront cost. We set out to be the cheapest food truck park for food trucks and believe that we have. We have to take a % of gross sales to show a partnership for state reasons.
    There will be no charge to the patron to enter. During later hours and movie nights it will be 21 and up. fully uniformed officers will be security during the weekends.

The slots that we are going to offer is Lunch, Dinner, and late night on the weekends.

So on Saturday we will allow up to 6 trucks to book a lunch slot, dinner slot, and will only have 2 slots open for late night. A truck can book as many or little slots as are available.
    On the week days we will be booking 1-4 trucks depending on the amount of turnover we are anticipating.

The goal is to set the Mobil chefs up as best we can to make a decent amount of money so that they can scale their vision and take part in the culinary Renaissance.

To the drive in movie idea, we will have a large projector on the south end. If anyone has a movie they want on our list, we would love to hear them!

Quote Originally Posted by HWheat View Post
    Hey guy's, all of our profit is driven by the bar. The food trucks will be charged on an incentive base, so all the way down to 5% with no upfront cost. We set out to be the cheapest food truck park for food trucks and believe that we have. We have to take a % of gross sales to show a partnership for state reasons.
    There will be no charge to the patron to enter. During later hours and movie nights it will be 21 and up. fully uniformed officers will be security during the weekends.

The slots that we are going to offer is Lunch, Dinner, and late night on the weekends.

So on Saturday we will allow up to 6 trucks to book a lunch slot, dinner slot, and will only have 2 slots open for late night. A truck can book as many or little slots as are available.
    On the week days we will be booking 1-4 trucks depending on the amount of turnover we are anticipating.

The goal is to set the Mobil chefs up as best we can to make a decent amount of money so that they can scale their vision and take part in the culinary Renaissance.

To the drive in movie idea, we will have a large projector on the south end. If anyone has a movie they want on our list, we would love to hear them!
    Gotcha, thanks for the response and I apologize for my relatively elementary question. Look forward to this fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Man, that is a great idea...drive-ins with a bar and food trucks. It seems like I remember reading about a similar concept a while back. Surely someone is doing this.
    Yes, this concept is already in Ft. Worth. Home | Coyote Drive-In. I posted this once before in the Downtown Airpark thread because I thought it would be a great fit there.

9. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post
    Yes, this concept is already in Ft. Worth. Home | Coyote Drive-In. I posted this once before in the Downtown Airpark thread because I thought it would be a great fit there.
    That must be where I read it! Man, those sure are some Bigass fans under that shelter.

You obviously know more about demand than I do, but do you think two slots will be enough for the late night crowd when the only other somewhat nearby options are Taco Bell, McDonalds, Bobo's and two restaurants in Bricktown? My friends and I are constantly looking for late night dining spots down here and inevitably end up waiting in the long drive through lines of the uptown T Bell for food that is barely worth the hungover shame that ensues the next morning for eating it.

We can't be the only ones that have dealt with these horrible first world problems. I think you'll have quite a late night crowd on Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    You obviously know more about demand than I do, but do you think two slots will be enough for the late night crowd when the only other somewhat nearby options are Taco Bell, McDonalds, Bobo's and two restaurants in Bricktown? My friends and I are constantly looking for late night dining spots down here and inevitably end up waiting in the long drive through lines of the uptown T Bell for food that is barely worth the hungover shame that ensues the next morning for eating it.

We can't be the only ones that have dealt with these horrible first world problems. I think you'll have quite a late night crowd on Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nothing is set in stone. If the late night crowd will be enough of a demand for more food trucks than we will invite more to join. A lot of food truck probobly wont want to stay out that late with a lot of competition.

nothing is set in stone. If the late night crowd will be enough of a demand for more food trucks than we will invite more to join. A lot of food truck probobly wont want to stay out that late with a lot of competition.
    If you have food trucks competing for the same time period how do you decide who gets it?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    If you have food trucks competing for the same time period how do you decide who gets it?
    We will just be making sure there is a variety. So on a day that we have 6 food trucks we will try to keep food truck space different than the other one.

Ah, thought that might be the case. Thanks for the response, we're all looking forward to this!

How many food trucks will be at Bleu Garten each night? Will they rotate during the night? Will the food trucks be charged each night/hour?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanCOWBOY View Post
    How many food trucks will be at Bleu Garten each night? Will they rotate during the night? Will the food trucks be charged each night/hour?
    Just read back a few posts.

Showing older movies. Classic movies that have a large fanbase is the way to go. I went to Tinseltown to see The Big Lebowski on Sunday and it was a full house. Very few seats open. And every person that came in looked around the corner and had the same though(I thought it would be empty) but it was packed.

I could see movies like that
    Anchorman
    Goonies
    Shawshank Redemption.......

Self-contained bar going in today (photo courtesy HWheat):

I may need to order one of those for the backyard. My very own "Bar Pod"!

You can see how the bar and restroom module are pretty indestructible and portable.

If MidTownR decides they want to develop this property at the end of Bleu Garten's 3-year lease, they can relocate BG to another property in the area.

21. Default Re: Bleu Garten

That is fantastic. Having been involved in the construction of an outdoor bar I can tell you it isn't easy to satisfy building and health codes. This makes it seem like cake.

Lookin good guys. Will have to stop by there here in the next few months.

They are moving fast now. This is the covered seating area (from https://twitter.com/truckitokc):

They have made a ton of progress in the last few days. I would think it will not be much longer.

From Twitter:

New sign is up! truckitokc Instagram

Thread Information