Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

1. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I'm sick of seeing these pickup trucks hopping over curbs and parking where the F they want, with no regard to other peoples property, investment, or way of life.
    Amen.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Do you plan to hold them financially responsible to the damage they caused on your property?

I'm sick of seeing these pickup trucks hopping over curbs and parking where the F they want, with no regard to other peoples property, investment, or way of life.
    Preach it, catch! These asshats do the same thing all over the city (hello Penn Square Mall) and it's obnoxious as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by HWheat View Post
    We will have TVs and a covered projector for movie nights and games. Will also have corn hole and ping pong nights
    Whole thing sounds cool, but I ain't showing up for that night...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Whole thing sounds cool, but I ain't showing up for that night...
    I was wondering what 'corn hole' night was myself......but not too much.

I'm not much on corn holing either...

I am cornholio!

This is the game Hunter meant:

Did you have safe search on while Googling corn hole, Pete?

Blog Entries

I had the same reaction the first time someone (in Oklahoma) said to me, let's play corn hole. I just always called it bean bag toss...

I've always called it "bags."

11. Default Re: Bleu Garten

I spent the summer of 2003 in Cincinnati. While I was there I learned that everyone and their dog played "Corn Hole". They had Corn Hole leagues, tournaments and even designated areas in parks for the game.

When I came back home I tried to find it but no one knew what I was talking about. I am not saying it's called Corn Hole for sure, but that's what I go by since they had it before us.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    $35 up to $100. Chump change considering the money those food trucks are raking in!

14. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Personally I wish they'd bring back yard darts. WAY more fun than corn hole, with the side benefit of occasionally thinning of the herd at the shallow end of the gene pool.

Really? A health inspector comes out to each truck every time they're at an event?

So at the Bleu Garten, there is going to have to be a health inspector there nightly?

16. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    $35 up to $100. Chump change considering the money those food trucks are raking in!
    I think the $250 annual fee for unlimited events is very fair. I think most trucks will take that over any other fee. Although I would say that not all of the area food trucks rake in the money daily. Some have their off days. Just like any business might.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Personally I wish they'd bring back yard darts. WAY more fun than corn hole, with the side benefit of occasionally thinning of the herd at the shallow end of the gene pool.
    YES to yard darts!!!. loved those!.. and yes thinning of the herd is not a bad thing. our society as grown ignorant due to warning labels.. if you don't know better than to put a fork in a toaster or dry your hair in the tub.. well you might need thinning.. kidding sorta

18. Default Re: Bleu Garten

As excited as I am about Bleu Garten, the best thing to come out of this thread is that I searched online and found that yard darts are currently being manufactured/sold under a loophole in the law that (much like some illegal guns) allows them to be sold as PARTS. So, you buy the fins, an separately you buy the metal dart, then...presto! You have yard darts! Gonna buy some BRB.
    Last edited by Urbanized; 07-30-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Bleu...stupid iPad autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    As excited as I am about Blue Garten, the best thing to come out of this thread is that I searched online and found that yard darts are currently being manufactured/sold under a loophole in the law that (much like some illegal guns) allows them to be sold as PARTS. So, you buy the fins, an separately you buy the metal dart, then...presto! You have yard darts! Gonna buy some BRB.
    For real!.. that is awesome.. gonna search for them myself!

HWheat, I apologize if this is such a basic question, but how is Bleu Garten going to make money to pay for leasing the property and all the improvements done? Will there be a charge to get in? Will the food trucks be charged to operate there?

I have wondered the same thing.. I assumed most likely there was a contract with the trucks for a fee or % especially since he is providing their electricity. then he also gets the bar sales.

22. Default Re: Bleu Garten

I'll be interested in hearing his reply, but guessing that his business model is based on bar sales, cheap rent (the developer sees it as an amenity for his residents and a moveable placeholder for future development), and PERHAPS some percentage rent from food trucks. At least, that is the model I would pursue. Flat rent on food truck spaces might have a chilling effect on trucks locating there, and percentage rent would be an incentive for both the trucks AND Bleu Garten. A high tide floats all boats.

If someone had thought of this concept back in the late 60's or early 70's a lot of the old Drive-In Movie Theaters might still be around. Or at least a couple of them.

24. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Man, that is a great idea...drive-ins with a bar and food trucks. It seems like I remember reading about a similar concept a while back. Surely someone is doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    HWheat, I apologize if this is such a basic question, but how is Bleu Garten going to make money to pay for leasing the property and all the improvements done? Will there be a charge to get in? Will the food trucks be charged to operate there?
    At any food truck park (and most organized events) they charge a flat fee per day then a percentage of revenues.

Obviously, there is a balance to strike because as the park/event operator you want the trucks to make money and continue to come back.

Food truck parks also typically provide free utilities.

Thread Information