Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by HWheat View Post
    We have been approved by the DDRC. Full steam ahead !
    Congratulations!!!

Let us know if you need some strong backs to help you get this thing started.

Can't wait. People are very, very excited.

When do you expect to break ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Congratulations!!!

Let us know if you need some strong backs to help you get this thing started.

Can't wait. People are very, very excited.

When do you expect to break ground?
    We have already completed a preliminary for the building permits. Could be 4-6 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thank you Pete for all of your support. I have become a big fan of OKC talk!

4. Default Re: Bleu Garten

This is gonna be cool man. Saw you mentioned at the mayor's roundtable development conference today. I sense a symbiosis here!

Thank you Pete for all of your support. I have become a big fan of OKC talk!
    I think you'll find that people here appreciate quality development. Bleu Garten is an absolute homerun for MidTown.

Bleu Garten just filed for their building permits today, so we should see dirt moving soon.

There were some sort of building materials on the site when I drove by yesterday. Not much and I am not sure what it was but there is definitely activity.

Default Re: Food Truck Court proposed for NE 50th

I still keep reading this as "Ford Truck Court".

Will there be advertising/sponsorship opportunities?

I have learned that Green & Grilled plans to operate both their NW Expressway restaurant and a food truck in Bleu Garten. That is great news because now that I'm back in inner OKC, I really miss having G&G around. If things work out for them they would like to open a full restaurant in the core as well. If you haven't been and live or work around NW Expressway/Rockwell, Green & Grilled is a nice place to have a healthy lunch and relax. They offer free WiFi and spacious table seating, so people often go there to have some tea and get work done or play online.

Any news of other food trucks that plan to operate in this tremendous concept?

I think the plan is to rotate them depending on demand and availability.

I know Hunter said they would only allow a limited number to make sure they all made money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Will there be advertising/sponsorship opportunities?
    Yes, there will be some sponsorship and advertisement opportunities.

We are currently fine tuning this process. My email is info@bleugarten.com. If you email this with your info attached I will get you the information as soon as we fine tune it.

Just learned they should be getting their building permits in about 1-2 weeks and are want to be open by the first week of September which would coincide with the estimated opening for Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl.

10th Street will be completely transformed before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just learned they should be getting their building permits in about 1-2 weeks and are want to be open by the first week of September which would coincide with the estimated opening for Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl.

10th Street will be completely transformed before the end of the year.
    Sorry of this is a dumb or redundant question, but what is going in between Bleu Garten and Fassler Hall/Dust Bowl. Dirt is moving as we speak.

The dirt is just infill from Fassler Hall.

Once leveled, it will host the Pop-up Shops, which will become more regular than just the holidays.

For those interested in getting this place open ASAP, keep in mind they have already started construction, it's just off-site.

A lot of what they place on the site will be build elsewhere then moved into place.

For example, they are already well along on the restroom module, which will be the most complex part of the development.

Once their building permits are issued and they can grade the site and run utilities, the actually construction should move very quickly.

Keep in mind their lease is for only 3 years so they will likely need to move at that time. In fact, if MidtownR decided it wanted to get serious about the large development they have planned for this site, they could offer Bleu Garten incentives to move to another one of their locations.

These are the bathroom modules under construction.

They break down into several different sections allowing for easy transportation. Their bar will be similar:

Bleu Garten broke ground today.

Once grading, plumbing and foundations are done, this should go up quite quickly, as the restrooms and bar are already well under construction.

20. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Framing has started going up.

They are moving quickly now; will likely have their restroom modules -- which have already been constructed -- on site this week.

Pushing hard to be open by September:

We are pushing extremely hard and we are hopefull to be finished by Aug 18-20th. The bar is being delivered on the 8th.
    How do you guys feel about our sign? We feel like it may be too busy. We are making our second sign a little more subtle. We want the patrons to vote over the next 6 months. Would love to have people on this forum share their opinion.

Also we have the restrooms on sight! 5 stalls for men and women. We gave a storage unit built on the west side for electronics and equipment. On the east side we have storage for inventory.

We are pushing extremely hard and we are hopefull to be finished by Aug 18-20th. The bar is being delivered on the 8th.
    How do you guys feel about our sign? We feel like it may be too busy. We are making our second sign a little more subtle. We want the patrons to vote over the next 6 months. Would love to have people on this forum share their opinion.
    since you asked. my personal opinion is that its a bit too busy and confusing. I don't think it grabs peoples attention. almost like you tried to get way too much information up there instead of just keepingit simple and getting peoples attention and having them LOOK DOWN WE ARE RIGHT HERE. . I would keep it to your LOGO.. an arrow or hand pointing down.. and FOOD TRUCKS and BAR.. the rest of the information you can have at the actual location to find schedule and social media tags. people will stop without knowing what trucks are there but will then follow you to find schedule for future visits in my opinion.

Here is the current sign:

Thread Information