Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by HWheat View Post
    Pete is on top of his game!

I am heading this project on this location. I love hearing that most of you are engaged with this.

Everything submitted here is what we have submitted for approval by the Downtown Design Review Committee.

We are on inside of the DBD, which does not require us to show any parking.

I have put some contacts out with the H&8th crowd. Haven't had a meeting yet. H&8th is a wonderful institution for local food trucks. We want to work with them to make sure they are around long after us.

If we get approved by the Committee, would love to get some local insight. What do you all want to see out of this space?
    Welcome to the site and good luck as this proceeds. Looks fantastic and I predict a homerun.

Perfect location and timing... Can't wait to see it up and running.

Pete is on top of his game!

I am heading this project on this location. I love hearing that most of you are engaged with this.

Everything submitted here is what we have submitted for approval by the Downtown Design Review Committee.

We are on inside of the DBD, which does not require us to show any parking.

I have put some contacts out with the H&8th crowd. Haven't had a meeting yet. H&8th is a wonderful institution for local food trucks. We want to work with them to make sure they are around long after us.

If we get approved by the Committee, would love to get some local insight. What do you all want to see out of this space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dog friendly is a must, please.

This is a fantastic project. I could see live music (maybe acoustic so as to not be too loud) fitting well on some nights.

I have a few questions. What will the hours be? Will they be consistent or dependent on weather/season? Will there be any outdoor heaters or misters to help deal with weather?

That was my suggestion. Misters are a must, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    This is a fantastic project. I could see live music (maybe acoustic so as to not be too loud) fitting well on some nights.

I have a few questions. What will the hours be? Will they be consistent or dependent on weather/season? Will there be any outdoor heaters or misters to help deal with weather?
    Some of your questions are answered in the article at the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Some of your questions are answered in the article at the top of the page.
    Thanks! My bad. It's easy to forget to check the article, which usually has a ton of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Dog friendly is a must, please.
    We would love for this project to be dog friendly. I am a little nervous of it getting out of hand. As long as the dog owners keep the dogs on the leash, and consciously be aware of the dogs manners, should be fun.

I found this stuff call Bowser Beer, it's dog "beer". It's basically non-alcoholic chicken, and bacon based broth. Would be fun to possibly enjoy the Midtown dog park, then walk your K9 friend to Bleu Garten... And both enjoy a beer outside!

We would love for this project to be dog friendly. I am a little nervous of it getting out of hand. As long as the dog owners keep the dogs on the leash, and consciously be aware of the dogs manners, should be fun.

I found this stuff call Bowser Beer, it's dog "beer". It's basically non-alcoholic chicken, and bacon based broth. Would be fun to possibly enjoy the Midtown dog park, then walk your K9 friend to Bleu Garten... And both enjoy a beer outside!

Perhaps just pet-friendly hours or a particular day of the week. Probably not the best idea at 1am.

Perhaps just pet-friendly hours or a particular day of the week. Probably not the best idea at 1am.
    That's a really good idea!

Good idea.

I love dogs more than anyone but there are lots of people who don't and there are unfortunately a bunch of idiot dog owners.

Thanks! My bad. It's easy to forget to check the article, which usually has a ton of information.
    Do you have any other questions?

Do you have any other questions?

Is there any way you can get this open by mid-April? Ha!

Good idea.

I love dogs more than anyone but there are lots of people who don't and there are unfortunately a bunch of idiot dog owners.
    It's something I have noticed at every food truck park we have been to. I have never seen more than 2 dogs at a park per time. We are dog fans and would love to see this work. As you said though, sometimes people don't handle dogs well.

I do like your idea of have designated times.

We definitely want to help animal shelter organizations with adaption days!

It's something I have noticed at every food truck park we have been to. I have never seen more than 2 dogs at a park per time. We are dog fans and would love to see this work. As you said though, sometimes people don't handle dogs well.

I do like your idea of have designated times.

We definitely want to help animal shelter organizations with adaption days!

That would be HUGE. Central OK Humane draws people for their events. Win.

Could you tell us more about ideas to integrate music, art, movies and possibly some retail?

That would be HUGE. Central OK Humane draws people for their events. Win.
    I think it would be great victory for us to help out organizations like that. My ONLY worry is that one day I will come home to 20 dogs.

Could you tell us more about ideas to integrate music, art, movies and possibly some retail?
    Absolutely!

We are looking into getting the same speakers as the Myriad Gardens use for their summer concerts. Kenny Phillips, who operates those concerts along with the OKC Arts Festival, and OKC NYE event, played two of his speakers at a low audible. The result was great, the sound carries extremely well without having to blare the music. This is important because as an outdoor venue, we absolutely do not want to disturb local residents. We are also providing the trucks with electricity, which will cut down the truck noise dramatically. This venue is not a bar where we will be blaring music, but for community congregation.

On Mondays we want to cut down to 2 food trucks, and project cult classic movies. Where else can you watch one of your favorite movies, outside, with food from a gourmet truck and local brew-with downtown OKC as the backdrop.

We have examples on our Instagram. It is possible to project in daylight. We will be projecting the weekend sports games. We will also have a few TVs.

I have met with some operators of IAO, about displaying local art. My sister Summer Wheat is an artist, so it's important to me to display art and help feed the local starving artist. We will be working alongside artist and Allison Baily with the pop up shop "igloos". Inviting them to come in on Saturdays for a kind of market place. If you are an entrepreneur, we may be able to help.

I would like to have fundraising events for children organizations. At certain places in the city you can find little league teams pan handling for money. I applaud the effort, I know if I had kids I would do anything to make sure they had experiences. What I want to do is, invite these groups in and teach basic entrepreneurial skills to the next generation.

Since we are surrounded by the downtown working force, we want to help with their wellness. We are currently looking for some wellness trainers that want to be entrepreneurs. We thought it would be cool to have early morning yoga. It's a location that would make for ideal sunrise yoga in the summer. Maybe even a Spin Truck. Imagine a truck filled with spin cycles that could be taken out to hold an outdoor spin class. That idea may be attractive to food trucks like Mariposa Coffee.

We have a few ideas we are keeping in our cap so that we can surprise our patrons. It's a space that can be morphed into so many community building operations. I have really come to love OKC talk BC it's a community rich with ideas. So please share with Bleu Garten, we want you to have a part in our DNA.

Would be a great spot for a poker tournament every 2 or 3 months ;-)

I was just telling someone that the Bricktown Bike Bar should be used for morning spin classes. That would be a great place for them to meet.

Those are a bunch of great ideas for this space. I'm even more impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Ha I would love that, but can't break the law.

We do want to have an outdoor ping pong table, chess boards, and giant jinga! Anything else that you think would be fun to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Or weekly.

Absolutely!

We are looking into getting the same speakers as the Myriad Gardens use for their summer concerts. Kenny Phillips, who operates those concerts along with the OKC Arts Festival, and OKC NYE event, played two of his speakers at a low audible. The result was great, the sound carries extremely well without having to blare the music. This is important because as an outdoor venue, we absolutely do not want to disturb local residents. We are also providing the trucks with electricity, which will cut down the truck noise dramatically. This venue is not a bar where we will be blaring music, but for community congregation.

On Mondays we want to cut down to 2 food trucks, and project cult classic movies. Where else can you watch one of your favorite movies, outside, with food from a gourmet truck and local brew-with downtown OKC as the backdrop.

We have examples on our Instagram. It is possible to project in daylight. We will be projecting the weekend sports games. We will also have a few TVs.

I have met with some operators of IAO, about displaying local art. My sister Summer Wheat is an artist, so it's important to me to display art and help feed the local starving artist. We will be working alongside artist and Allison Baily with the pop up shop "igloos". Inviting them to come in on Saturdays for a kind of market place. If you are an entrepreneur, we may be able to help.

I would like to have fundraising events for children organizations. At certain places in the city you can find little league teams pan handling for money. I applaud the effort, I know if I had kids I would do anything to make sure they had experiences. What I want to do is, invite these groups in and teach basic entrepreneurial skills to the next generation.

Since we are surrounded by the downtown working force, we want to help with their wellness. We are currently looking for some wellness trainers that want to be entrepreneurs. We thought it would be cool to have early morning yoga. It's a location that would make for ideal sunrise yoga in the summer. Maybe even a Spin Truck. Imagine a truck filled with spin cycles that could be taken out to hold an outdoor spin class. That idea may be attractive to food trucks like Mariposa Coffee.

We have a few ideas we are keeping in our cap so that we can surprise our patrons. It's a space that can be morphed into so many community building operations. I have really come to love OKC talk BC it's a community rich with ideas. So please share with Bleu Garten, we want you to have a part in our DNA.

I really appreciate your vision, and look forward to seeing come to fruition. Kudos.

Food truck/local brewery dinner. Each truck produces a course, paired with the brewery's beers. My wife and I went to a couple events like this in Cleveland that were amazing.

I was just telling someone that the Bricktown Bike Bar should be used for morning spin classes. That would be a great place for them to meet.

Those are a bunch of great ideas for this space. I'm even more impressed.
    Absolutely! We would do it ourselves, but part of the concept is to leave OKC with multiple thriving local businesses. We want our thumbprint to have part in the eccentric OKC future. Allowing locals a launching pad for their dream. Maybe even helping a dream become conscious. Sounds corny, but we believe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrod View Post
    Food truck/local brewery dinner. Each truck produces a course, paired with the brewery's beers. My wife and I went to a couple events like this in Cleveland that were amazing.
    Already ahead of you! Mustang Brewery discussed this idea with us! We are going to be reaching out to other local brewery's as well.

Thread Information