Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

1. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    What were his thoughts on this?
    That it was far from a death knell.

Default Re: Bleu Garten

^

Just spoke with the main proprietor of Bleu Garten and he very much wants to work with the H & 8th people. Urbanized, I'll send you a PM about getting contact so we can put both groups in touch.

The most important aspect is that the food trucks make money, otherwise everything collapses. So, Bleu Garten will have the ability to accommodate as many as nine trucks, but on weekdays (and when other special events are on, like H & 8th) they will scale back to 2 or 3.

They said they toured similar operations in Atlanta, St. Louis and San Francisco and found that after the first food truck park opened, the number of trucks started to grow. Said that in Atlanta then went from 40 trucks to 80 in a short period after their first park opened.

There are currently about 40 trucks in the OKC metro area.

Will share much more of our conversation in a bit.

Hey guys,

I have been working on the Bleu Garten project.
    Love to hear that most of you are engaged with our concept going in at this location.

We have a pretty flexible space that is going to allow us to highlight lots of local business, retail, and artist. Would love to hear any ideas that you may want to see at this space.

As far as H&8TH goes, they have been doing an amazing job growing the OKC food truck scene. We look forward to working with them and help them grow their function. H&8th has done so much for the food truck scene, we want them to be around for many years after we are gone.

So is the Bleu Garten taking up the Transmissions R Us space and the space across the street? That is how I perceive it from looking at the map.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    So is the Bleu Garten taking up the Transmissions R Us space and the space across the street? That is how I perceive it from looking at the map.
    No, the Transmissions place has nothing to do with this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, the Transmissions place has nothing to do with this project.
    Thanks for the clarification Pete. I guess I was just reading the map wrong. The first line of the summary at the top of the page says, "a "local eatery and marketplace" for food trucks going in to the Transmission R Us building in Midtown this year." You might want to change that for stupid people like me to not get confused...

Quote Originally Posted by HWheat View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been working on the Bleu Garten project.
    Love to hear that most of you are engaged with our concept going in at this location.

We have a pretty flexible space that is going to allow us to highlight lots of local business, retail, and artist. Would love to hear any ideas that you may want to see at this space.

As far as H&8TH goes, they have been doing an amazing job growing the OKC food truck scene. We look forward to working with them and help them grow their function. H&8th has done so much for the food truck scene, we want them to be around for many years after we are gone.
    Can't wait to see this get going. What is the timeline for this project?

They have to go through the approval process; hope to make that happen by mid-April. Then need about 2-3 months for construction and to get everything organized.

Hoping for a July opening.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Pete. I guess I was just reading the map wrong. The first line of the summary at the top of the page says, "a "local eatery and marketplace" for food trucks going in to the Transmission R Us building in Midtown this year." You might want to change that for stupid people like me to not get confused...
    Yep. That's my bad. I pulled that description from their website and a tweet yesterday, which was apparently incorrect on the location.

I edited the article atop the page to reflect the most current and complete information.

11. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Update: my friend texted me that he got a very nice e-mail from Mr. Wheat and looks forward to discussing with him how this project and H&8th can peacefully co-exist if not outright benefit one another. Hopefully they can get it all figured out.

^

Really think it's a case of critical mass helping everyone involved.

The rising tide lifts all ships!

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Yep. That's my bad. I pulled that description from their website and a tweet yesterday, which was apparently incorrect on the location.
    No worries, just trying to make sure all the information is correct.

The Bleu Garten application was just filed with the Downtown Design Review Committee.

Looks like a really slick development, especially since it's only guaranteed a 3-year run, after which Midtown Renaissance has the option to take the property back for longer term development.

The full bar will be operated by the proprietor, will beers on tap. The "beer barn" are just troughs around the existing billboard pylon for quick pop-and-go service.

Quite a bit of covered seating, too.

Sweet. I wish I had something more profound and mature to say about it, but really, in the emphatic, "Sweet!" says it all. Can't wait.

Man, that's really cool. I can not wait to go here. My girlfriend lives next door so I'm sure we'll frequent this place.

Wonder if this means the end to H&8th? Hope not - the two should be able to coexist and support the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Wonder if this means the end to H&8th? Hope not - the two should be able to coexist and support the other.
    The two groups have spoken and are working together.

I'm quite sure H&8th will continue to thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I see no reason they can't coexist. H&8th is one just night a month.

This is very impressive.

I would like to see how well this will do in the winter, but I think with an idea this creative, they will find a way to make it work out. This will be an experience unlike any development in Oklahoma City.

One more from their application to the Downtown Design Review Committee.

Shows the large shade structure to supplement the two areas of covered seating along the perimeter:

I know I might get hosed for this but where are people expected to park for this? The open fields to the west and north?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The two groups have spoken and are working together.

I'm quite sure H&8th will continue to thrive.
    'Like' - a lot. I hoped, and assumed, that was the case.

Pete is on top of his game!

I am heading this project on this location. I love hearing that most of you are engaged with this.

Everything submitted here is what we have submitted for approval by the Downtown Design Review Committee.

We are on inside of the DBD, which does not require us to show any parking.

I have put some contacts out with the H&8th crowd. Haven't had a meeting yet. H&8th is a wonderful institution for local food trucks. We want to work with them to make sure they are around long after us.

If we get approved by the Committee, would love to get some local insight. What do you all want to see out of this space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now *THAT* is a biergarten!!!!

Thread Information