Widgets Magazine

Thread: Life Church

Default Life Church

Purchased 9 acres of land East of Lowes and a ways South of Hwy 152. Mustang Times website is down so can't post a link. Preliminary plans are for a 35K sf building.

Mustang Re: Life Church

Yeah saw this in the paper yesterday. Really disappointed had hoped that it would have been another restaurant or retailer we don't have.

Mustang Times, Church buys property in Mustang

Default Re: Life Church

At least it's a franchise of some sort, right?

At the rate Mustang is growing eastward, we are going to have to move to get some elbow room. When we bought this place in 2009 there was hardly anything east of Sara. Now there is Walmart, Lowes, the Hospital is going in on the SW corner, Applebees, more fast food, all the strip stores around Walmart, the gun store and range (in the process of being built), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    At the rate Mustang is growing eastward, we are going to have to move to get some elbow room. When we bought this place in 2009 there was hardly anything east of Sara. Now there is Walmart, Lowes, the Hospital is going in on the SW corner, Applebees, more fast food, all the strip stores around Walmart, the gun store and range (in the process of being built), etc.
    Yeah it's pretty amazing how different the town is from even when I moved here in 1997. I expect the town to continue to focus on 152 & Sara. I could see it going south towards 89th and then back east towards Morgan.

Oh boy, another Life Church!!!!!! Can't wait!!! oh boy oh boy..................

I've about come to calling these facilities revenue harvesters instead of churches. Sucking money out of communities and no tax revenue paid back in return. Time to call it what it is IMO.

Wondering how it will effect traffic. Will they exit between the Taco Bell and Applebee's or have a separate exit, I wonder.

Wondering how it will effect traffic. Will they exit between the Taco Bell and Applebee's or have a separate exit, I wonder.
    If they exit between TB and Applebee, is that anything like parting the franchi-sees ?

There is also an exit east of Applebees that currently doesn't really go anywhere but wrap back around. That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    There is also an exit east of Applebees that currently doesn't really go anywhere but wrap back around. That would be my guess.
    Yeah, just passed it at lunch. It is across from the street leading to Dollar Tree. That is pretty close to the other intersection to put in another light but they may need to do that. That place is going to be a traffic mess on Sunday mornings or whenever. I wonder if there will be a way to get out behind Lowes.

Yeah, just passed it at lunch. It is across from the street leading to Dollar Tree. That is pretty close to the other intersection to put in another light but they may need to do that. That place is going to be a traffic mess on Sunday mornings or whenever. I wonder if there will be a way to get out behind Lowes.
    The parking lot wraps on the backside and there is like 3 exits for Lowes on Sara. Also the Armory is putting in another exit off of Sara, so maybe that could be tied into. I'd rather not have another light that close to the other one as the 2 that are already they aren't synced and make a mess. I'd just drive down 89th home, but Mustang did the worst patch job in the world, so much that they lowered the speed limit because of how bumpy it is.

How many Life Church locations do we have now? One being built on Broadway Extension... one in North OKC... one in Edmond off of I-35... now this one... are there any others?

You want food, you go to Walmart... you want tv and internet, you go to Cox... you want Jesus, you go to Life Church. Ah, Oklahooooooma lol

The parking lot wraps on the backside and there is like 3 exits for Lowes on Sara. Also the Armory is putting in another exit off of Sara, so maybe that could be tied into. I'd rather not have another light that close to the other one as the 2 that are already they aren't synced and make a mess. I'd just drive down 89th home, but Mustang did the worst patch job in the world, so much that they lowered the speed limit because of how bumpy it is.
    Yeah, I was wondering if they'd tie it into the armory exit. And like you, I was already planning to use 89th notwithstanding the very true statement that they just did the crappiest patch job imaginable. I use 89th quite a bit, anyway.

Yeah, I was wondering if they'd tie it into the armory exit. And like you, I was already planning to use 89th notwithstanding the very true statement that they just did the crappiest patch job imaginable. I use 89th quite a bit, anyway.
    I've actually sent a couple requests to the paper to cover this issue since the city won't even talk to me because I'm not a resident. I know several other people that live close to this 3 mile stretch they call a road and all are very unhappy about it. I'm hoping there is some other plan because they can't think that what they did is even remotely a long term fix.

What's more frustrating is Mustang has griped that OKC won't fix 59th, which is their responsibility for the 6 miles it borders Mustang. Well OKC has started on a section and repaved it and made it a ton better. So I feel as though Mustang has to step up and fix 89th properly. They've had a huge problem of half assing most road projects in the past, take 89th between Czech Hall and Mustang Rd for example. They didn't do the whole mile section because they didn't have enough funds, so it just never got fully redone. I know the funds were excess but at the time they were supposed to pay to finish it. Anyways I digress, but Mustang really drives me crazy in that regards.

They have a point that living outside of Mustang I don't have a say. That being said, I do spend most of my money there so at least I don't have to feel like a complete bum.

They have a point that living outside of Mustang I don't have a say. That being said, I do spend most of my money there so at least I don't have to feel like a complete bum.
    Yeah I work in Mustang and previously owned a house there so I've paid my dues. I'll probably be buying a rent house in town within the year so maybe my gripes will hold more value to them.

Yeah I work in Mustang and previously owned a house there so I've paid my dues. I'll probably be buying a rent house in town within the year so maybe my gripes will hold more value to them.
    Funny - we've also been thinking of looking for a rental house or two in Mustang!

Funny - we've also been thinking of looking for a rental house or two in Mustang!
    Yeah I should have never sold my previous house, it was the perfect rental. Problem is property value just keeps going up and is getting kind of expensive, but if you can find one I guarantee you can rent it. Before I sold it I had put it up for rent to test the waters, had it for $750 and had 65 emails within 2 days interested in it, and the house was only 1000 sq ft.

put it up for rent to test the waters, had it for $750 and had 65 emails within 2 days interested in it, and the house was only 1000 sq ft.
    At 750, unless this was quite a while back, I'm a bit surprised you didn't have even more folks responding to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    At 750, unless this was quite a while back, I'm a bit surprised you didn't have even more folks responding to you.
    It was 2 years ago. I really thought $750 was a good number but apparently I was too low. I can't imagine paying $750 for a 1000 sq ft house personally but I guess others are. Nice thing was I had several older couples interested, I could have had the pick and probably gotten some people in that would have taken care of the property.

Thread Information