Widgets Magazine

Thread: Any good tailors in the Moore/South OKC area?

Default Any good tailors in the Moore/South OKC area?

I'm looking to get the length of some jeans and other pants shortened and hemmed up. Any recommendations in the area?

Default Re: Any good tailors in the Moore/South OKC area?

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantChange View Post
    I'm looking to get the length of some jeans and other pants shortened and hemmed up. Any recommendations in the area?
    The only one I've used Silver Scissors in the center on the NE corner of SW 89th and Western and the service has been satisfactory but I would be a little short of a recommendation.

I've started ordering Online just to get the inseam customized to length so I can avoid that step.

3. Default Re: Any good tailors in the Moore/South OKC area?

We have used Kristen's Alterations in downtown Moore the past year and have been very impressed with her work.

Leez's at SW 119th and Western in Greenway Plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    The only one I've used Silver Scissors in the center on the NE corner of SW 89th and Western and the service has been satisfactory but I would be a little short of a recommendation.

I've started ordering Online just to get the inseam customized to length so I can avoid that step.
    Wife always uses Lee's Alterations on 119th & Western

I've had great service at Han's Alterations, NE 12th & Eastern, Moore.

She has done quite a bit of work for me.

I've had OK luck with Han's Alterations, but only having things hemmed. Took a pair of pants in that I needed taken up around the waist and was NOT pleased with the outcome. Plus, I can't understand her very well & her grandchild likes to open the curtain of the dressing room while you're in there.

Took a pair of pants to the place on Santa Fe just South of 149th... can't think of the name off the top of my head but it's behind the 7-11. I was satisfied with the work but she charged $20 just to hem a pair of pants.

I don't know the name of her shop - but her name is Linh (pronounced Lynn). She just opened her own store (she used to work out of Tom's Formal Wear at 2-40 and Penn). Her new store is on Western, just south of 74th - on the East side. It might actually be called Linh's alterations, next door to a bridal / formal shop.

She has done work for myself and 3 friends and it is always quality. I bought an off the rack designer wedding gown on a super discount sale and she altered it from a size 14 to a size 8 with no evidence of alterations at all. She also added sleeves to a bridesmaid dress for a friend that didn't want to go strapless. You couldn't tell that the sleeves were not original to the dress at all. Her email is Linh@linhsbridal.com - but she does all alterations, not just formal wear.

Thanks for the info everyone.

I got a question on hemming jeans, does the new hem look like the factory hem? Meaning if I bought Levi's would it look the same with the way it has that puckered look or whatever it's called? Just curious because I'm kind of an in between height and sometimes wouldn't mind getting a longer size and having the half inch or so taken off, but I want a factory look.

Zuplar,

Yes, the seam looks the same/similar. There are two ways to do it. One creates a new, similar looking hem. The other keeps the original hem. Typically the price is a few dollars more when you want to keep the original hem.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantChange View Post
    Zuplar,

Yes, the seam looks the same/similar. There are two ways to do it. One creates a new, similar looking hem. The other keeps the original hem. Typically the price is a few dollars more when you want to keep the original hem.
    Good to know. It was just something I never looked into, but may now.

Thread Information