Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 26 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

Energy FC OKC Energy FC

I could only find the thread about NASL and USL Pro competing for teams, so I decided to start one specifically for Energy FC.

Anyone get season tickets this year? (cafeboeuf, I think I saw that you had tickets?) I just purchased 2 in the fan zone as well as Grid memberships. Can't wait for the season!

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

We need to come up with some good songs to sing during matches.

Looking forward to going when I'm next in town!

They will also be showing all USL Pro matches live on Youtube this year, so if you're interested in following the team from LA you can!

I bought 2 season tickets with The Grid also. Really looking forward to April 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We need to come up with some good songs to sing during matches.

Looking forward to going when I'm next in town!
    How about this one...

which soccer fans know as this..

6. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Need something original, maybe a local musician could come up with something like the drummer for rancid did with RSL.

Haven't purchased yet, having to buy a third season ticket for the kid is making it a tough choice financially. If they let kiddos under a certain age free it'd be a no brainer.

What is this "grid" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    I could only find the thread about NASL and USL Pro competing for teams, so I decided to start one specifically for Energy FC.

Anyone get season tickets this year? (cafeboeuf, I think I saw that you had tickets?) I just purchased 2 in the fan zone as well as Grid memberships. Can't wait for the season!
    I've got two in the fan zone as well. What's the Gird membership thing - don't recall seeing anything about that?

9. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

The Grid is a supporter group for the club here is the website The Grid

I will say, I'm confused about my own tickets... online the Fan Zone says General Admission, but I was also sent an email giving me my time this coming Saturday to go choose my seats... Add in not knowing about the "grid" and I'm a little confused about their operations staff. I only got a receipt for my ticket purchase about 2 weeks after they charged me (and when I brought it up on Twitter).

If you bought season ticket for the Fan Zone, then you do not need to pick your seats, it's general admission. Maybe you got lumped in an email with buyers in other sections.

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    If you bought season ticket for the Fan Zone, then you do not need to pick your seats, it's general admission. Maybe you got lumped in an email with buyers in other sections.
    Yeah, or maybe it's just to come say hi and mingle with people. We'll still go for fun.

True, that could be it also. I've emailed the guys at The Grid a few times with questions & they've always answered.
    Let them know you've already purchased Fan Zone tickets and they'll add you to the membership list.

Just curious what are they going to do about beer sales? Is speakeasy going to set up a party area/tailgating in their parking lot? are you going to be able to walk across the street with a beer? Has the office building just north of campus on 54th thought about having a tailgate area?

Just asking because I have been to the new kc stadium and its awesome but the GA fan zone has a huge bar, and if okc wants that type of rowdy crowd they will need to serve more than red bull

They say due to its a school they are not allowed to sell any beers at the stadium

16. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Its a catholic school, it should be welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Its a catholic school, it should be welcomed
    no kidding, I bet it has more to do with the school part of it though. Any Catholic/Lutheran campus would allow beer

Bishop McGuinness is a free Alcohol and Tobacco Free Campus.So OKC Energy has to follow McGuinness rules

So I guess we all "pre-game" across the street or a nearby parking lot?

I can't stand soccer. It's boring and ties are annoying. However, I want OKC to have another professional team and this is the avenue to do it so I will probably pick up season tickets. I believe in 15 years MLS will be the #3 pro league in the US, right behind the NFL and NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    It's boring and ties are annoying.
    Years ago I felt that way. I'd say give it a chance. I'll grow on you.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I can't stand soccer. It's boring and ties are annoying. However, I want OKC to have another professional team and this is the avenue to do it so I will probably pick up season tickets. I believe in 15 years MLS will be the #3 pro league in the US, right behind the NFL and NBA.
    I love that you're going to give it a shot. Like CB said, I bet it will grow on you.

Blog Entries

The Miami Heat fans and Florida State fans have their chants. Got to admit, much of this is new to Oklahoma. All due respect to South Florida, Miami is different--let's leave it at that.

Now Oklahoma City is a city that if you were gone for two decades, you probably wouldn't recognize it upon your return. Our city is changing; OKC appears to be getting bigger and better. Our population growth is moderate, this gives us a chance to carefully plan and look at what other cities have done in determining our future. We can learn from their mistakes as well as our own. Who knows the future, our growth could change.

Soccer is as 'international' of a sport as you can get. Just how far we as a city are willing to invest in getting facilities ready is another story. Portland, Oregon is a city that sacrificed its baseball stadium to accommodate soccer and football. Private investment (Paul Allen) built the Rose Garden currently called the Moda Center which is the current home of its NBA franchise.

We made a good investment with MAPS I and replaced All Sports Stadium. Oklahoma City built the Bricktown Ballpark, a 'baseball specific' stadium which took on the flavor and environment feel of the traditional baseball park.

Former All Sports Stadium (Fair Park) . . . . . . . Bricktown Ballpark . . . . . . . . . Chesapeake Energy Arena. . . . . . . .Oklahoma City 2013 . . . .

Do we need to consider the future; what will be our needs ten to fifteen years from now?

USL-Pro (tier III soccer) OKC Energy will make its debut (2014-15) this season at Bishop McGuinness High School's Pribil Stadium. Our NASL (tier II) group isn't scheduled to kick the turf at OCPS Taft Stadium until 2015-16 season. The OKC Energy is being managed by Prodigal LLC which has had its past experiences with:

1. Oklahoma City Blazers AA hockey.
    2. Women's Tennis Tour.
    3. Oklahoma City Redhawks AAA baseball.
    4. Oklahoma City Barons AAA hockey.

Capital has been invested in these franchises and events through Express Sports & Prodigal LLC. Let's lend our support as they market professional soccer in our city.

Our city will need its own soccer-football specific stadium for the future. Soccer & American football fans are concerned about the beer bans at Pribil and Taft Stadiums; this could factor into the progress and future of what level of outdoor events Oklahoma City is willing to provide. Beer sales are provided in city owned facilities (Bricktown Ballpark, Cox Convention Center, Chesapeake Energy Arena).

A city changing with progress and growth . . . . Renovated view of Taft Stadium . . . . . A future stadium for soccer-American football . . .

We have great facilities for AAA baseball, AAA hockey and NBA basketball; however we do need to decide where we want to go as a city with soccer and football.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Solid post but would argue that the myriad is not a "great facility" for AAA hockey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Solid post but would argue that the myriad is not a "great facility" for AAA hockey.
    Great is another debate; however we have progressed throughout the years...

Stockyards Coliseum, 1930-60s . . . . . . . . Fairgrounds Arena 1963-70s . . . . . Myriad Great Arena 1973 . . . .

Thread Information