Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

1. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    On the other hand, Taft will most likely allow beer sales in the stadium during the matches plus tailgating with beers in the surrounding lots. Both of which are banned at Pribil Stadium.
    I know that Airon at Skinny Slims has offered to provide the beer sales at Taft, so hopefully they could get some type of deal going. I remember at the NASL focus group they had last year they had talked about getting a bus to shuttle all us drunk bastards to and from the stadium, that would be kind of fun if they could do that with the Energy. I'm not a fan of Speakeasy but it is close to where they will be playing so I guess you have to put that into consideration.

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

That really is one of the main factors we have taken into account. It requires less drive time for pre and post match gathering and it is far, far bigger than Skinny's. Nothing against Skinny's though, it's a great soccer placer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, it's just convenient.
    Driving from Edmond to Bricktown to have a few beers at Skinny Slims, then driving back north to McGuinness on gameday isn't very practical.
    As far as the Thursday night meet up, you've got a point.

http://www.energyfc.com/index.cfm?fa...9-000C296FBAA9
    OKC Energy FC has announced the signing of forward Pete Caringi III, General Manager Jason Hawkins announced today. Caringi was selected by the Montreal Impact in the third round of the 2014 MLS SuperDraft.

“We’re very happy to have Pete on board,” said Energy FC Head Coach Jimmy Nielsen. “We’re looking forward to working with him. He’s a well-schooled, intelligent soccer player who will play a big part on our offense. We can’t wait to see his game develop."

Caringi finished his collegiate playing career in May at the University Maryland, Baltimore County, where he scored 37 goals and had 17 assists in four years for the Retrievers. He earned America East Player of the Week honors twice as a senior and was named CSN’s Player of the Week on Sept. 8, 2013. He also earned a spot on the teams of the week for Top Drawer Soccer and College Soccer News.

Caringi was named the conference’s player of the week three times as a junior and named to the CSN and Soccer America teams of the week a combined three times. The league’s coaches voted him striker of the year and the fans named him the fans’ choice player of the year. He was also the ECAC Offensive Player of the Year and an all-star. Caringi was named to the NCSCA All-Northeast Region second team and earned his team’s most valuable player honors. He was also a Soccer News Net College Boot finalist, recognizing the men’s collegiate player of the year.

He was named to the America East All-Rookie team as a freshman and also earned second team all-conference honors that same season. He was an all-conference first team honoree as a sophomore.

He played for the USL PDL’s Baltimore Bohemians in 2013 and became the league’s Golden Boot winner that season with 16 goals and five assists in 12 games. He also earned player of the week honors on two occasions. Caringi also earned the Young (U-21) Player of the Year award.
    We have a Full Roster now.

Quote Originally Posted by boitoirich View Post
    Sean Cummings just put you on his ignore list
    Yeah well when they decide to upgrade to HD television like everyone else I will consider them a soccer pub

Was McLaughlin the major money behind the NASL bid?
    Can the OKC FC ownership group pay the franchise fees & player salaries without McLaughlin's backing?
    I spoke with the the remaining ownership group for OKC FC. They said they have already replaced him, and they have people are who are still looking to join them who "have more money than Tim..." We'll see

On the other hand, Taft will most likely allow beer sales in the stadium during the matches plus tailgating with beers in the surrounding lots. Both of which are banned at Pribil Stadium.
    The only problem with that is there are NO surrounding lots. There is the small lot in front of the stdium, on May. And there is NW Classen's school lot, across the street. With school security being what it is I don't know if they will like tailgating, with alcohol, on school property. We'll see.

Energy FC
    Your OKC ENERGY FC needs your help.

We’re shooting a video to be used in pre-game festivities all season long and are looking for individuals to be Extras during the video shoot.

Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4 a production company is shooting video all across our great city. We need soccer fans of all ages to make this video and show how much everyone loves OKC Energy FC soccer.

There is no compensation for taking part in the video other than knowing your face may be seen by fans not only in OKC, but across the world and you helped produce complete awesomeness!

Interested candidates must be available for the full portion of either day (8 hours). Please email you name, date(s) available, contact information (email & phone) along with a photo to: Casting@FunnelDesign.Info.

No phone calls please.

Love watching kc on a local channel 703. Some sound problems but overall good deal

HORRIBLE sound problems! My wife made me change the channel because of that super loud popping sound. Same thing happened last week. Luckily I have the MLS package so I was able to switch channels and watch the game. Lost HiDef, but also lost that God-awful popping sound.

I took the family out to Yukon on Saturday night to check out the final pre-season match. We had a great time. The Grid was loud and entertaining.
    I never realized how distracting football lines are on a soccer field. I assume there will only be soccer lines at McGuinness since they just laid down new sod.
    Really looking forward to the home opener.

I took the family out to Yukon on Saturday night to check out the final pre-season match. We had a great time. The Grid was loud and entertaining.
    I never realized how distracting football lines are on a soccer field. I assume there will only be soccer lines at McGuinness since they just laid down new sod.
    Really looking forward to the home opener.
    It will be Soccer Lines Only.If Energy are in the playoffs they may have both Football Lines and Soccer Lines due to Football will be underway

I really enjoyed watching the first Energy match on YouTube last night. I listened to the local radio broadcast and liked the paring of announcers. They did a nice job. 2-0 win to start off the franchise on the right foot.

There was a great turn out of around 30 people to Speakeasy last night for the match as well. Hoping that, as everyone gets to know each other more with each match, the atmosphere becomes electric for away matches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

wasn't able to make it to Speakeasy, but the wife and I watched it at home. really encouraged that being up 2 on the road, we didn't park but kept attacking.

90 minutes till match time against LA Galaxy II

I thought about going to the match tonight but it didn't work out in my schedule.

Interestingly, they play at the track & field stadium next to StubHub field, where the Galaxy plays it's MLS matches.

FYI, I have official word from the team that their goal is to turn this franchise into an MLS franchise, hence why they chose this league and the high profile coach, etc. Next year the team will move to Taft Stadium and the goal is to build a permanent stadium designed to MLS specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    FYI, I have official word from the team that their goal is to turn this franchise into an MLS franchise, hence why they chose this league and the high profile coach, etc. Next year the team will move to Taft Stadium and the goal is to build a permanent stadium designed to MLS specifications.
    My heavens I hope this is correct and comes true.

FYI, I have official word from the team that their goal is to turn this franchise into an MLS franchise, ...
    They made that pretty clear in their press conference announcing the team too; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEemLxEJw8o

Having the team move up to MLS would be awesome. Might have to tweak the colors a little considering they're basically the same as the Seattle Sounders.

Ironic.

You are outdoing yourself on this one. Your teasers, as of late, have been nothing but rehashing what many others have said and of what has been announced previously.

See post 125.

I wonder if they might build a small stadium initially, with the option of expanding it if and when we got an MLS franchise.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with Funk Jr. and Prodigal. Everything they have done thus far has been first-class and they certainly seem to have the resources and professionalism to get us to the MLS.

You have to believe the stadium would go near the downtown airpark. Absolutely perfect location and would really help to draw from the Latino community on the near south side.

24. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Watched the game last night on youtube. For a minor league team for the MLS, they really were fun to watch despite the L.

25. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

At one point there were almost 600 viewers.

Thread Information