Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Energy FC

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

I misunderstood. I thought you got an email from the Energy (Prodigal) saying they were changing the name of the team, rather than an email from facebook saying they were changing the wording of their page title. It seems as though they have changed it back. Weird.

As much went into pushing for the "Oklahoma City Thunder" instead of "Oklahoma Thunder", I would expect the Energy to piggy-back on the emerging success of the OKC brand.

I wonder if Tulsa Roughnecks FC Facebook page is going to change it name to Roughnecks FC?

For what it's worth, I randomly spoke with a person who is part of the ownership group (or something to that effect) when I was in Midland a few weeks ago and he said that the plan is for a river stadium with idea being that locating near Capitol Hill and the nearby Hispanic population should help build the fan base. Also he said the goal is to end up as an MLS franchise. Probably just repeating what has already been said but the source was credible so I wanted to throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge Energy FC flag flying in Bricktown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1432.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	7073

I saw that Energy flag this weekend while in Bricktown. Looks awesome!

6. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

I would like to see some flags waving at the games. Maybe even green and white checkered flags.

OKC Energy beat Tyler Junior College 5-0 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    I would like to see some flags waving at the games. Maybe even green and white checkered flags.
    A ticket rep mentioned something to us during discussion on Friday night when my wife joked about vuvuzelas. He said (and I don't know if this is true) that musical instruments won't be allowed, something about disturbing surrouding neighborhoods. If that's true, then let me say F that noise.

This was under FAQ on Energy Website Will instruments and flags be allowed in the stadium?
    Yes!

Good idea, here is a link to a 3'x5' green & white checkered flag for $9.95 That would be cool to see a bunch of these!
    https://www.toyboxcovers.com/checker...te-pr-198.html

Energy FC
    OKC Energy FC has announced the signing of defenseman Mark Howard, General Manager Jason Hawkins announced today. Howard most recently played with AGF of the Danish Superliga. Howard’s signing is pending receiving his international transfer clearance.

Howard played for Manchester United’s junior and reserve teams before transferring to the Danish Superliga’s Brondby IF in 2006. He played three seasons in Brondby before making his move to AGF in 2009.

“Mark is a very experienced center back coming through the Manchester United academy system,” said Energy FC Head Coach Jimmy Nielsen. “I know him from Denmark, where he played for two of the biggest teams and did very well. He is calm and composed on the ball, good in the air and reads the game very well. He will play a big role both on and off the field for our team this year. I am very happy and proud that Energy FC can bring in a player of Mark’s quality.”

He began his career playing for Barr Hill Lads Club in his hometown of Salford, England. He prepped at Hope High School, where he played with former Manchester United defender Phil Bardsley and former MLS player Mark Redshaw.

Energy FC
    OKC Energy FC has announced Clear Channel radio will serve as the team’s radio broadcast partner for the 2014 season. All Energy FC games are scheduled to air on 96.1 FM KXY.

In addition to the broadcast announcement, the team introduces Jack Damrill and Mo Borehan as the play-by-play announcer and color analyst, respectively.

Damrill is a current certified national referee where he worked at the MLS reserve, MLS preseason, USL PRO and USL PDL levels. He is currently a NISOA national referee for NCAA soccer, where he referees games in the Big 12 Conference, Conference USA, Sun Belt and American Athletic Conference, as well as numerous Division II and local NAIA games. Damrill is one of two US Soccer nationally certified referees in Oklahoma.

Damrill has an extensive broadcasting background, both in television news and as a professional baseball play-by-play announcer. Damrill was the radio play-by-play announcer for the Oklahoma City 89ers before moving with the team to the Bricktown Ballpark, where they later became the Oklahoma City Redhawks from 1993 to 1999.

Damrill is currently the public information officer for the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority and will continue in that roll.

Borehan played semi-professional soccer in England for 20 years and is the former director of coaching for The David Beckham Academy in Los Angeles. He served as the director of coaching for Frontier Country Soccer Association from 1997-2005,coached for the Norman Youth Soccer Association from 1993-96 and got his coaching career started as the director of the Sheffield United’s London Academy from 1987-1992.

Borehan holds his ‘A’ license from the United States Soccer Federation and the English Football Association.

Season tickets for OKC Energy FC are available by calling the Energy FC office at 405-235-KICK (5425).

Energy FC is led by former Sporting Kansas City goaltender and 2013 MLS Cup champion, Jimmy Nielsen. Nielsen was a two-time MLS All Star, the 2012 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year, and goalkeeper for the 2012 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open championship club.

USL PRO is the strongest, best operated and most experienced North American men’s professional soccer league outside of Major League Soccer (MLS). Focused on franchise stability and longevity, USL PRO features 15 teams for the 2014 season, including expansion teams in Oklahoma City and Sacramento. Presently 10 USL PRO teams have direct affiliations with Major League Soccer clubs.

The league not only serves as a springboard to the MLS for players, but also for franchises. Five of the last six clubs to enter MLS have moved up from the USL’s top professional division. Among the most successful clubs, the Vancouver Whitecaps, Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, Montreal Impact and Orlando City SC all operated franchises in the USL’s top professional division before making the transition to MLS.

http://www.energyfc.com/index.cfm?fa...6-0050568715AC
    OKC Energy FC fans have the opportunity to travel to Dallas on April 15 to watch Energy FC take on the FC Dallas Reserves.

Rate for the trip is $65 per person and includes round-trip transportation to and from Dallas, snacks and drinks on the bus and a ticket to the game. The bus leaves Oklahoma City at 1 p.m. CT on April 15 and returns home following the game.

We must have 40 individuals signed up and paid by Wednesday, April 9th in order for the trip to take place. For more information, contact Stacie Rathbun at the Energy FC office at 235-KICK, ext. 1111.

EnergyGameday: 32' Miller with a cross & Djeziri with a full volley to take @EnergyFC up 1-0.

OKC Energy FC and SMU tied 1-1. FINAL

Energy FC
    Adda Djeziri scored in the 32nd minute but the SMU Mustangs added a goal in the 85th minute as Energy FC and SMU ended in a draw at 1-1 in full time Saturday afternoon in Dallas.

Djeziri’s goal was assisted by Kyle Miller and one of eight shots on goal on the afternoon. Djeziri led the team with three shots on goal, while five other players also got a shot off against the Mustangs. SMU registered seven shots on goal against Energy goalkeeper Jon Kempin.

Energy FC closes out preseason action next Saturday, March 29, against Midwestern State University at the 7 p.m. at the Yukon Public Schools Soccer Field, 872 South Yukon Parkway. Admission is free of charge.

Merchandise will be available for sale and account executives will be on hand to answer questions fans may have in regards to ticket purchases. Season tickets for Energy FC are available by calling the Energy FC office at 405-235-KICK (5425).

17. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

According to the Energy Facebook page there is going to be a major announcement this afternoon.... Wonder what it could be.

18. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Hopefully it has something to do with the new stadium, but I doubt it.

Hopefully it has something to do with the new stadium, but I doubt it.
    The Humphreys just bought the land east of the old airpark... wondering if that's actually related.

My bet is on their new stadium to be constructed on the land the Downtown Airpark group just bought from Chesapeake.

21. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Just read over on BigSoccer that somebody saw a tweet saying the Energy will be playing at Taft next season. Wonder if that's the big announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    Just read over on BigSoccer that somebody saw a tweet saying the Energy will be playing at Taft next season. Wonder if that's the big announcement.
    Wasn't that the other soccer team?

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    That was a speculative tweet I saw as well. I don't think that's the announcement.

24. Default Re: OKC Energy FC

With McLaughlin backing out of the NASL group and keeping the lease to Taft, I don't think it is to far fetched for them to move there. I'm hoping the news is about a new stadium all together though.

MCLAUGHLIN JOINS OKC ENERGY FC AS PARTNER
    MARCH 25, 2014
    BACK TO NEWS
    OKC Energy FC announced today that respected local businessman Tim McLaughlin has joined the management team as an equal partner with Bob Funk Jr.

The partnership represents a major step towards uniting the Oklahoma City soccer community and strengthens Prodigal’s commitment to bring top level professional soccer to Oklahoma City including a potential Major League Soccer team in the years ahead.

Beginning in early April 2014, OKC Energy FC begins practicing on the campus of Oklahoma City University. OKC Energy FC will compete during the 2014 season at Pribil Stadium on the campus of Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School. The following Spring, OKC Energy FC will begin play at the re-modeled and historic Taft Stadium, currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation. As part of the lease with Taft Stadium, $2 of every soccer ticket sold will benefit Fields & Futures.

Thread Information