Thread: OKC Energy FC

Default Re: OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    hand count on who is going tomorrow? i'm going with my wife and daughter
    Out of town or I would be there.

i will be there tonight

Should be 9 or 10 Grid members there for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I heard we were getting a local tv for sporting KC this year because of the affiliation with the energy? has anyone else heard this rumor?

That would be sweet

Excekleny

Excellent match tonight.

5-1 victory. 2 from Grieg, 2 from Steve Perry and a penalty from Thomas rounded out an awesome 2nd half.

Thought this might interest everyone here. From Steve's chat this morning:

"Guest 10:39 a.m. Thank you for coming to villa teresa monday night steve! Question: any clues for the new energy stadium location yet?
    Steve Lackmeyer 10:39 a.m. I see a riverfront location in our future"

IMO, this is VERY exciting!!

This is really exciting, but saying it and doing it are two entirely different worlds. This would take a ton of cooperation from the city and an ungodly amount of money to do it right. Fingers crossed. If they are serious about their MLS ambitions, a downtown 20,000 soccer specific stadium is #2 on the list.

11 on our team reminds me so much of Geoff Cameron it's scary.

I also thought 9 was very calm and composed on the ball

Energy FC -
    EDMOND, Okla. – Kyle Greig and Steven Perry scored two goals each and Michael Thomas added a goal off a penalty kick as Energy FC downed Northeastern Oklahoma State 5-1 Friday evening in Edmond.

Energy FC got 17 shots off during the game, 11 of them quality scoring chances on Northeastern goaltender Jackson Biles. Energy FC’s defense held the Riverhawks to three shots on goal of the five put up by NSU on the night.

Jon Kempin got the win in goal for Energy FC. Kempin had two saves and allowed the one goal late in the game. Biles allowed the five goals and had six saves.

Greig scored the opening goal in the fifth minute of the game and Thomas converted the penalty kick in the 39th minute as Energy FC led 2-0 at the half.

Energy FC extended the lead to 3-0 in the 66th minute as Steven Perry got on the board. Greig added his second of the game in the 75th minute and Perry added his second in the 78th.

The Riverhawks got on the board in the 86th minute as Josue Morales got the ball past Kempin.

Energy FC continues preseason action on March 19 at Tyler Junior College and March 22 at SMU.

Energy FC 5, Northeastern State 1
    At Edmond, Okla.

NSU 0 1 – 1
    Energy FC 2 3 -- 5

First half – 1, Energy FC, Greig; 2, Energy FC, Thomas.
    Second half – 3, Energy FC, Perry; 4, Energy FC, Greig; 5, Energy FC, Perry; 6, NSU, Morales

Referee – Nima Sagahfi, Sam Merchant, Adam Bass

Lineups
    NSU – Jackson Biles; Chance Miller, Eric Crawford, Adam Schmoker, Brenden Bombardier, Terence Smith; Crosby Lee, Jordan Schmoker, Juan Peralta, Josue Morales, Paul Samia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	271.1 KB 
ID:	7016

Blog Entries

Got a notice from Facebook stating that the "Oklahoma City Energy FC" page changed its name to "Energy FC". Have noticed some other apparent distancing from the OKC identity (except in the logo so far). Why the removal of "Oklahoma City"? Is there a chance the Energy may find themselves located in one of the suburbs at some point? Just wondering if the change is other than nominal...

Purely speculation on my part, but I think there are a couple plausible reasons to do that. One of them you've already mentioned. Another could be for marketing purposes. It might be a little easier to brand everything Energy FC rather than Oklahoma City Energy FC.

The original name was a mouthful

just check Energy FC page and it still says Oklahoma City Energy FC

Blog Entries

weird, why would I get that email?

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	271.1 KB 
ID:	7016
    I am not sure the Hindenburg makes the greatest mascot

Maybe dropping Oklahoma City is due to marketing conflicts with "Oklahoma City FC"? https://twitter.com/OklahomaCityFC

I just went to their facebook page and it is still titled "Oklahoma City Energy".
    Can you post the email that says they are changing their name?

Energy FC -
    OKC Energy FC has announced the addition of a final preseason match on Saturday, March 29 vs. Midwestern State University. The game begins at 7 p.m. CT and will be played at the Yukon Public Schools Soccer Field, 872 South Yukon Parkway. Admission is free of charge.

Merchandise will be available for sale and account executives will be on hand to answer questions fans may have in regards to ticket purchases. Season tickets for Energy FC are available by calling the Energy FC office at 405-235-KICK (5425).

Energy FC is led by former Sporting Kansas City goaltender and 2013 MLS Cup champion, Jimmy Nielsen. Nielsen was a two-time MLS All Star, the 2012 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year, and goalkeeper for the 2012 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open championship club.

USL PRO is the strongest, best operated and most experienced North American men’s professional soccer league outside of Major League Soccer (MLS). Focused on franchise stability and longevity, USL PRO features 15 teams for the 2014 season, including expansion teams in Oklahoma City and Sacramento. Presently 10 USL PRO teams have direct affiliations with Major League Soccer clubs.

The league not only serves as a springboard to the MLS for players, but also for franchises. Five of the last six clubs to enter MLS have moved up from the USL’s top professional division. Among the most successful clubs, the Vancouver Whitecaps, Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, Montreal Impact and Orlando City SC all operated franchises in the USL’s top professional division before making the transition to MLS.

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    I heard we were getting a local tv for sporting KC this year because of the affiliation with the energy? has anyone else heard this rumor?
    From what I understand it's only if you have Cox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Energy FC -

OKC Energy FC has announced the addition of a final preseason match on Saturday, March 29 vs. Midwestern State University. The game begins at 7 p.m. CT and will be played at the Yukon Public Schools Soccer Field, 872 South Yukon Parkway. Admission is free of charge.

Merchandise will be available for sale and account executives will be on hand to answer questions fans may have in regards to ticket purchases. Season tickets for Energy FC are available by calling the Energy FC office at 405-235-KICK (5425).

Energy FC is led by former Sporting Kansas City goaltender and 2013 MLS Cup champion, Jimmy Nielsen. Nielsen was a two-time MLS All Star, the 2012 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year, and goalkeeper for the 2012 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open championship club.

USL PRO is the strongest, best operated and most experienced North American men’s professional soccer league outside of Major League Soccer (MLS). Focused on franchise stability and longevity, USL PRO features 15 teams for the 2014 season, including expansion teams in Oklahoma City and Sacramento. Presently 10 USL PRO teams have direct affiliations with Major League Soccer clubs.

The league not only serves as a springboard to the MLS for players, but also for franchises. Five of the last six clubs to enter MLS have moved up from the USL’s top professional division. Among the most successful clubs, the Vancouver Whitecaps, Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers, Montreal Impact and Orlando City SC all operated franchises in the USL’s top professional division before making the transition to MLS.

FYI -

This is behind Lakeview Middle School.

OKC Energy just added two more players on the roster.Third player will be joining Orlando City SC
    Energy FC -
    Sporting Kansas City announced on Thursday that the club has agreed to loan three players to the team’s official USL PRO affiliates. Midfielder Mikey Lopez will join reigning USL PRO champions Orlando City SC. Goalkeeper Jon Kempin and midfielder Christian Duke will be added to OKC Energy FC’s roster for their inaugural season.

Duke, 22, returns to the USL PRO after a successful first professional season with Orlando City SC in 2013. The Overland Park, Kan. native and Sporting KC Academy alum was named the team’s top rookie, contributing one goal and one assist in 22 games and starting in the USL PRO championship.

Kempin will also spend a second straight season in the USL PRO after making 34 saves in nine games for the Lions last year. Sporting Kansas City’s first homegrown player, the 20-year-old Kempin is now in his fifth professional season and will continue his development under OKC Energy FC head coach and former MLS Goalkeeper of the Year Jimmy Nielsen. Kempin, a Leawood, Kan. native, has extensive experience for the United States at the Youth National Team level and most recently joined the U.S. Under-20 Men’s National Team in 2013.

Selected in the first round of the 2013 MLS SuperDraft out of North Carolina as a Generation adidas signing, Lopez enters his second professional season in 2014. The 21-year-old midfielder made his professional debut for Sporting Kansas City in the 2013 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and his rookie season was highlighted by his participation in the 2013 FIFA Under-20 World Cup. He appeared in all three matches for the U.S. in the tournament after helping to lead the United States to a runner-up finish at the U-20 CONCACAF Championship.

Orlando City SC and OKC Energy FC are among the 14 USL PRO teams competing in the 28-game regular season beginning March 22 and continuing through September 7. All USL PRO games will be streamed live online via team YouTube channels in 2014.

Sporting Kansas City will have the option to recall any of the team's three players during the loan period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C. B. View Post
    I just went to their facebook page and it is still titled "Oklahoma City Energy".
    Can you post the email that says they are changing their name?

Name:	Shawn  a Page you like is changing its name on Facebook   shawn.wright gmail.com   Gmail.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	7031

Thread Information