Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rocklahoma 2014

Default Rocklahoma 2014

The lineup is going to be announced at 5:00pm. Has anyone gone to this lately? It used to be more of a mulletfest than anything with bands like RATT, Warrant, Jackyl, Twisted Sister and Skid Row playing but they have gotten some really good bands since the promoters announced an affiliation with AEG before the 2010 Rocklahoma.

Default Re: Rocklahoma 2014

Haven't heard yet. I've been trying to get a HS friend to come out here for Rocklahoma. He was the lead singer in Cold Sweat and his present band is The Fifth. They are based in NC. Maybe AEG/Rocklahoma will approach them.

just my opinion, but i think since they aligned with aeg promoters, i think the lineups have been more homogenized and less specialized like the first few.

but then again, you can only do so many of the hair-metal fests and expect fans to keep coming.

i think something needed to be done, but now rocklahoma is just like all the other carolina rebellions, rock on the ranges, rockfests, etc...

i wish we could see more of a european metal influence at some of the rock fests here in america, but i don't think the fanbase is there for it.

The lineup was just announced and it has Staind, Five Finger Death Punch and Kid Rock headlining with other well known bands such as Twisted Sister, Deftones, Seether, Motorhead, Jackyl, Filter, Black Label Society, Killswitch Engage, Skid Row, etc. It's a little disappointing considering how great the lineup was last year.

5. Default Re: Rocklahoma 2014

Wonder if Motorhead will actually show since Lemmie has been ill.

Quote Originally Posted by so1rfan View Post
    Wonder if Motorhead will actually show since Lemmie has been ill.
    Lemmy is ill?
    I wonder who punts out first, him or Keef?

Daily lineup reveiled:

Thursday, May 22 (Campground Party)

James Douglas Show, DRYVR, Oldman, Motortrain, Blackwater Rebellion, Dirty Crush, Triple Se7en, Severmind, Fight the Fade, Benny’s Little Weasel

Friday, May 23

Five Finger Death Punch, Deftones, Seether, Killswitch Engage, Hellyeah, Skid Row, Black Stone Cherry, The Pretty Reckless, Thousand Foot Krutch, Lacuna Coil, Nothing More, Truckfighters, Wicked, Killer Dwarfs, London’s Dungeon, Ruff Justice, Loveblast, Firstryke, Nasty Habit, Dellacoma, Chaotic Resemblance, Scattered Hamlet, Jet West, The Chimpz, Sleepwalking Home, Framing the Red, Bad Remedy, Snakefist, NICNOS, Enslaved by Fear

Saturday, May 24

Staind, Twisted Sister, Jackyl, Filter, Kix, Pop Evil, Adelitas Way, Trivium, Texas Hippie Coalition, Devour the Day, We As Human, Gemini Syndrome, Kill Devil Hill, Ratchet Dolls, Wicked, Black Tora, Bai Bang, ASKA, Hellion, Killer Dwarfs, Ragdoll, Siren, Hip Kitty, Well Hung Heart, Mine Enemies Fall, Vilifi, A Course of Action, The Grizzly Band, The Joint Effect, David Castro Band

Sunday, May 25

Kid Rock, Theory of a Deadman, Extreme, Black Label Society, Tom Keifer, Down, Redlight King, Kyng, Butcher Babies, Heaven’s Basement, Eve to Adam, Twelve Foot Ninja, Scorpion Child, Sleepy Hollow, Tempt, Station, Mystery, Lynam, Mandy Lion, Mach22, Down N Dirty, Dirtee Circus, Echofuzz, Shotgun Rebels, Able the Allies, The Bourgeois, Switchbach, Paper Tigers, The Grown Ups

Rocklahoma reveals daily lineup for Memorial Day Weekend festival in Pryor | News OK

Thread Information