Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Memorial and MacArthur

Blog Entries

Default Re: Memorial and MacArthur

Construction has started on something by the Charlestons on Memorial....maybe I missed it in discussion above.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Construction has started on something by the Charlestons on Memorial....maybe I missed it in discussion above.
    It will be a be strip center.

Blog Entries

^I should have guessed! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

These pictures illustrate how haphazardly suburban development is done here in the OKC metro. Not everything needs to be high density, urban design, but suburban development and design can be done well and look nice with some planning and standards. Suburban development in OKC looks like it's been done by someone playing Sim City for the first time.

5. Default Re: Memorial and MacArthur

Does anyone have any information on recent development in this area (post hideous storage spaces at Brandon Place)? Something is underway just west of ProCure on NW corner of the intersection, and steel is being erected east of the climbing facility just south of the development on Memorial Eastbound, west of MacArthur. Pete? Anybody?
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by SnrPhnx View Post
    Does anyone have any information on recent development in this area (post hideous storage spaces at Brandon Place)? Something is underway just west of ProCure on NW corner of the intersection, and steel is being erected east of the climbing facility just south of the development on Memorial Eastbound, west of MacArthur. Pete? Anybody?
    TIA
    Directly east of Threshold Climbing is a 4-story Homewood Suites hotel.

Next to ProCure is Mabrey Bank (1 story).

7. Default Re: Memorial and MacArthur

Thanks Pete! I’ve been wondering why the opaque fencing on the bank site. Perhaps secretive for installation of vault.

Default Re: Deer Crest

Can’t find it on map nor a thread, but seeing a new building and curious what it is. This is west of MacArthur close to Memorial Rd and behind (south and east) of Hideaway on Westlake Memorial Parkway east of Threshold Climbing. Looks like apts?

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Can’t find it on map nor a thread, but seeing a new building and curious what it is. This is west of MacArthur close to Memorial Rd and behind (south and east) of Hideaway on Westlake Memorial Parkway east of Threshold Climbing. Looks like apts?

Anyone?
    This is in some other thread buried from a while back but that is another hotel that you’re seeing

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    This is in some other thread buried from a while back but that is another hotel that you’re seeing
    Thanks. Any idea who?

Thanks. Any idea who?
    4-story Homewood Suites.

Thanks Pete

I went to website to see a rendering and its not listed in their “upcoming” list yet

https://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e...ng-hotels.html

You don’t have any renderings do you? Its already up not sure how many more months to open I know inside work takes time.

Thanks Pete

I went to website to see a rendering and its not listed in their “upcoming” list yet

https://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e...ng-hotels.html

You don’t have any renderings do you? Its already up not sure how many more months to open I know inside work takes time.

Thanks again. You are the go to person for this stuff appreciate your hard work!

Looks like work may have stopped here.

Volcano Sushi Bar is going in the new strip center just west of Charslestons.

They have locations in Moore, Del City and the southside.

https://www.volcanook.com/

Very good value for the price. On tuesdays they have bogo rolls.

I hate this area. It's not thought out or planned at all. They just put up boxes on empty lots because there is an empty space there. And then surround them with a sea of parking.

Maybe if a developer planned this out then it would be a coherent and walkable design. Same goes for the north side of Memorial as well as the west side of MacArthur too. And this isn't the only area in the metro like this. This seems to be the standard in OKC rather than the exception. It's a poor and inefficient use of land. And it looks ugly.

I really do hate to be a negative Nelly but when I drive by a place like this, I just see wasted potential.

^

It's exactly like every other development along Memorial.

And I agree, it's all pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I hate this area. It's not thought out or planned at all. They just put up boxes on empty lots because there is an empty space there. And then surround them with a sea of parking.

Maybe if a developer planned this out then it would be a coherent and walkable design. Same goes for the north side of Memorial as well as the west side of MacArthur too. And this isn't the only area in the metro like this. This seems to be the standard in OKC rather than the exception. It's a poor and inefficient use of land. And it looks ugly.

I really do hate to be a negative Nelly but when I drive by a place like this, I just see wasted potential.
    Would look a million times better if they spent some money burying the power lines and putting in some evergreen-type landscaping along the frontage, but none of the developers / tenants seem interested in losing street visibility.

Pepperoni Grill taking the rest of this strip center; will share with Volcano Sushi:

There is a sports clips sign hanging on this building. Did that fall through?

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    There is a sports clips sign hanging on this building. Did that fall through?
    Great Clips.

I think it's going between the two restaurants.

Is that the same Pepperoni Grill as what is in Penn Square? If so, will this be a 2nd location?

Thread Information