I wanted to try that place today too =(

Default Re: Broadway 10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	235 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	11956
    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Kobe and KD had dinner at Broadway 10 tonight. Pretty freakin' cool.

3. Default Re: Broadway 10

^^^^^^^
    A step up in both company and environs for Kobe, who almost always eats at the Bricktown Hooters when he's in town, going back to the days when the Hornets were here. Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    A step up in both company and environs for Kobe, who almost always eats at the Bricktown Hooters when he's in town, going back to the days when the Hornets were here. Dumb.
    I heard he always favored Red Prime... but hooters are good too.

5. Default Re: Broadway 10

Not that Hooters. It might be the worst in the chain, and that's saying something. Hooters isn't really my jam, but I'm not a hater. I'll occasionally meet someone there for lunch or grab to-go sometimes because it's logistically convenient, and every time I do it's a bummer.

But I will say you might be right about Kobe and Red Prime for dinner; most of the times I've seen him at Hooters is for lunch.

I've seen him at Skirvin a few times. Food wise I'd go Skirvin, heck even from a physical standpoint I'd still go with Skirvin over downtown hooters

7. Default Re: Broadway 10

^^^^^^
    Which is why it has been so odd watching him frequent the Bricktown Hooters over the years. It doesn't even compare favorably with other Hooters stores in the OKC metro. Image how poor the comparison is between it and Hooters in LA or most of the other cities he visits. I would expect an NBA player to walk in there and turn on his heel, not hang out for hours on multiple visits.

Regarding the Skirvin specifically though, it is where the team stays, so seeing him eating there should be no surprise to anyone. That also helps explain Red Prime (though the food should be explanation enough). RP is walkable from the Skirvin. Most visiting teams walk around downtown when staying here before games. Some of them develop haunts; for instance Memphis players almost always have game day lunches at Cafe 7. Many players, coaches and staff routinely run on the Bricktown Canal. I had a nice chat a while back with Pau Gasol, who was walking solo down Mickey Mantle.

^^^^^^^
    I have a friend who saw him at Night Trips a few years back.

^^^^^^
    Which is why it has been so odd watching him frequent the Bricktown Hooters over the years. It doesn't even compare favorably with other Hooters stores in the OKC metro. Image how poor the comparison is between it and Hooters in LA or most of the other cities he visits. I would expect an NBA player to walk in there and turn on his heel, not hang out for hours on multiple visits.

Regarding the Skirvin specifically though, it is where the team stays, so seeing him eating there should be no surprise to anyone. That also helps explain Red Prime (though the food should be explanation enough). RP is walkable from the Skirvin. Most visiting teams walk around downtown when staying here before games. Some of them develop haunts; for instance Memphis players almost always have game day lunches at Cafe 7. Many players, coaches and staff routinely run on the Bricktown Canal. I had a nice chat a while back with Pau Gasol, who was walking solo down Mickey Mantle.
    I think Gasol and Randolph would frequent Edna's.

10. Default Re: Broadway 10

^^^^^^
    Meaning Marc Gasol? Or do you mean they went there separately?

When KD's first opened in December of '13, most of the Lakers had dinner there the night before the game.

I was just told a couple girls asked KD for an autograph outside Broadway 10 and he told them to come to the game and he'd sign then.

I don't blame him. He deserves a quiet night out. If he starts signing autographs he'll never get to leave. When I see any celebrity anywhere, I give them their privacy. My brother was a local television sports announcer in a city and even he had trouble eating dinner in peace. My sister-in-law told me he always wanted to be in the back, in the darkest corner the restaurant had, or people would come up to him throughout his dinner. I can only imagine what it's like for a real celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I don't blame him. He deserves a quiet night out. If he starts signing autographs he'll never get to leave. When I see any celebrity anywhere, I give them their privacy. My brother was a local television sports announcer in a city and even he had trouble eating dinner in peace. My sister-in-law told me he always wanted to be in the back, in the darkest corner the restaurant had, or people would come up to him throughout his dinner. I can only imagine what it's like for a real celebrity.
    Agree 100%

Autographs are kinda lame/PITA...if I was a celeb like that and someone came up like that asking for a signature, I'd say "how about just a quick photo?" you're still bothered, but people wanting autographs are just looking for a future buck, IMO

15. Default Re: Broadway 10

I was with someone once at Mickey Mantle's when I spotted Graham Nash and David Crosby in the foyer. The guy I was with whipped out his phone, and I knew what was next as he ALWAYS insists on talking to and/or getting a photo with ANY celebrity he runs across, even if it's someone he doesn't like or follow. It's bizarre. So I kept going right on out the door as if I hadn't seen what he was doing. When he came out he asked where I had gone; he said he had wanted me to take a photo of him and Crosby. I played dumb, like "oh, I wondered where you had gone!" Anyway, turns out that he was clueless that Graham Nash was standing next to Crosby, and proceeded to ask Crosby for a photo. Crosby shut him down by politely saying "oh, I'd love to, but don't want to start a parade...", which I thought was a great (and understandable) response.

Honestly Mickey's is probably where you are likely to see the most celebrity sightings in OKC, especially when it comes to athletes. I was there on one single crazy night when (between pre- and post-Thunder game) I saw Bob Stoops, Barry Switzer (separately), Gerald McCoy, Demarco Murray, Justin Blackmon, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, assorted Thunder players, Brian Bosworth (managed to have a drink with him as he was with mutual friends) AND Barry Sanders (who I spoke with at length as we are the same age and have a few mutual Wichita friends). This was all in the SAME EVENING.

Many, many NBA players from other teams make it their go-to on the night before a game if they are in town. I have seen Shane Battier sitting by himself at the bar eating a steak, LeBron has big entourage tables when he is in town, Chris Paul usually goes in (name-checked the place as his favorite restaurant in America WHEN HE WAS PLAYING IN NOLA FERCRYINOUTLOUD. Fergie gave the place a shout-out in Delta's in-flight magazine. I was in there one night when Cher was in there. Probably the coolest experience I had though (besides the Barry Sanders one), was when I was at the bar and the place was abuzz due to (legendary Coach) Roy Williams being with a party in the dining room. It was during the baseball playoffs, and he kept coming into the bar to watch, and every time he was leaning on the back of my barstool LOL. I didn't strike up a convo with him, but soon enough (by coincidence) Nick Collison and a group of guys came into the bar and sat right next to me. Within seconds, here came Roy Williams, and Collison jumped out of his chair, genuinely surprised. It was obvious they hadn't seen each other for quite some time. They hugged, and I got to be a fly on the wall for their convo. Turns out Williams was there for a consultation on a possible surgery. Anyway, that one was cool.

Another highlight would be getting to slap Thabo Sefalosha on the back and shake his hand after he had shut Kobe Bryant down to 8 points in a playoff game. I would have said that giving James Harden a cigar one night was a highlight, but in retrospect, eff him.

But yeah, the general rule is when you see a celebrity out, leave them alone. They should be able to enjoy personal down time just like anybody else.

16. Default Re: Broadway 10

I know this thread is about Broadway 10, but one more MM story: I was in there one time the night BEFORE a Thunder-Grizzlies game, and pretty much the entire Memphis team was in there eating dinner. By coincidence, while they were there Rudy Gay found out that he had been dealt to the Raptors. He had a complete come-apart, as in one of the Memphis coaches or staff members had to take him to a private room, calm him down and remind him to be a professional. After he finally checked himself, the whole team proceeds to go to the bar and bid him farewell by getting NASTY drunk. I mean, Patron bottles were filling up the trash cans faster than they could empty them. It was ugly. Some of them were falling-down drunk. Even after they left, Tony Allen stayed in there by himself drinking.

I'm not a sports gambler, but at the time I remember thinking I wish I had a bookie, because I would have UNLOADED on the Thunder based on what I witnessed. And sure enough, the Thunder drilled them for something like a 25 or 30 point deficit the next night.

Edit: just looked up the score and it was 106-89 Thunder, but the point total was closer than the game, with Memphis getting a bunch of garbage-time baskets.

Great stories thanks for sharing!.. I am the same with celebs, I don't want to bother them if they are having personal time and certainly don't want to hassle with a autograph ect. If I happen to pass them I might say hello in passing or something but nothing intrusive to take them away from their night.

I usually just say go thunder, or let's go win a title in passing if anything at all.

They are doing a benefit dinner for the people of Flint:

Spent a great St. Patrick's Day at Broadway 10 last night.

This place is just gorgeous and there is always a great, big-city vibe.

I totally agree and think it is one of the best spots in the city to grab a drink or take a date.

22. Default Re: Broadway 10

I agree that the setting feels very big league, but the actual food and service was very average. The service specifically was not something I would expect at a high end steakhouse. I much prefer Red Prime for food and service.

^

Been to Broadway 10 3 times and have always had good food and excellent service.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Been to Broadway 10 3 times and have always had good food and excellent service.
    I haven't been to Broadway 10 yet but have heard nothing but great things about it as well.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I agree that the setting feels very big league, but the actual food and service was very average. The service specifically was not something I would expect at a high end steakhouse. I much prefer Red Prime for food and service.
    I've heard the same thing from multiple people in regards to the food. The same people have shared that service has improved and is on par with the setting now, but that the food just doesn't match.

Thread Information