Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadway 10

1. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    What's Prime, what's not prime, What's actually Prime (U.S.D.A Prime)? Why a 7 oz. Filet cost $51 (The George is the most expensive in town @ $42 for 7 oz). The 8 oz is clearly in this case a inferior product and the only thing not listed as Prime, but it's almost priced like a prime steak.
    From the menu it looks like the steaks include a side. If that's the case I would guess that's the difference in price between the 7 oz at Broadway and The George.

I do have to agree that if that 8 oz steak is a Choice cut. Even aged for 28 days that seems a little pricey.

2. Default Re: Broadway 10

Default Re: Broadway 10

From catch22; love the simple but cool neon sign:

4. Default Re: Broadway 10

There is other signage on the corner of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    There is other signage on the corner of the building.
    Yeah, but that little sign is pretty cool. Reminds me of some of the places in Chicago that just tell you what it is and not the name of it. I saw one about the same size and color in Chicago that said "German Sausages and Beer", somewhere else on the corner was the name of the establishment.

I thought it was super cool.

6. Default Re: Broadway 10

No doubt; little touches like that are great for creating a sense of place and a feeling of authenticity.

7. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Yeah, but that little sign is pretty cool. Reminds me of some of the places in Chicago that just tell you what it is and not the name of it. I saw one about the same size and color in Chicago that said "German Sausages and Beer", somewhere else on the corner was the name of the establishment.

I thought it was super cool.
    Exactly what I thought. I understand why they need a sign, especially on that corner... but I would love just that sign. Let the restaurant speak for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Exactly what I thought. I understand why they need a sign, especially on that corner... but I would love just that sign. Let the restaurant speak for itself.
    Also, sometimes the best way to advertise your product is to just be direct and say what the heck you are. There's going to be people walking by: wonder what that restaurant is. Oh it's a chophouse and they have a full bar.

9. Default Re: Broadway 10

I'm not sure if they'll have it full time, but they have a small portion of Broadway coned off for valet.

I'm not sure if they'll have it full time, but they have a small portion of Broadway coned off for valet.
    Was told they will charge $8 for valet.

Self parking in 123 Garage behind will be $5.

11. Default Re: Broadway 10

ZOMG PAID PARKING!! Someone needs to fix this!

Blog Entries

Thank goodness, free parking is just a block or two away. We will see how much people don't want to walk.

13. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quick...TEAR SOMETHING DOWN AND PUT IN A SURFACE LOT NEARBY!

14. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Quick...TEAR SOMETHING DOWN AND PUT IN A SURFACE LOT NEARBY!
    +1

Isn't that a public street?

16. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Isn't that a public street?
    I could be wrong, but I think Red Prime has valet on Broadway as well. But that doesn't answer your question.

I could be wrong, but I think Red Prime has valet on Broadway as well. But that doesn't answer your question.
    Red Prime once had valet when we first opened, 7 years ago. Valet is a huge expense to the operation. Most guests will not use it if they can park for free near by.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Red Prime once had valet when we first opened, 7 years ago. Valet is a huge expense to the operation. Most guests will not use it if they can park for free near by.
    Most places pay nothing for their valet. They either allow someone else to run it and make the money.(most commen) Or in Micky's case run it themselves. And make the money.

Was able to eat lunch at Broadway 10 yesterday so I figured I'd give a quick review. First, the inside is amazing, from the sleek white everything to very open kitchen it is a warm place but also very modern. The staff was amazing, our server, Kimberly, was well informed but some of our party had questions on the sushi she didn't know. Yet, within about 30 seconds she had another server over who went through every roll and explained which were completely raw vs cooked and so on. Our server was also very knowledgeable with the wines and was able to recommend different ones for different preferences. The staff also works on very much of a team basis so although we had our main girl, numerous others constantly checked on our drinks, how our food was and was very warm and welcoming. The meatballs were delicious as our appetizer and my steak was cooked just how I asked. It was a different taste from the likes of Red Prime or Mickey Mantles since they cook on flat woods(like cedar I believe) but the red wine sauce was delicious. Lunch also came with a starch which for a 23 $ steak makes it much more reasonable compared to buying them separate at most other high end places. The sushi likewise was delicious and very fresh. We had to ask why have a chophouse with sushi and apparently one of their chefs trained in sushi in the past so they decided to try and out and its a great touch. It adds something extra for large groups that want something more than an appetizer for everyone to share but don't want to break the bank. The desserts were large, to much for a single person, but the creme brulee was perfect for two as was their 7 layer chocolate cake.
    The food and interior will make this restaurant an immediate hit yet just as Pete as pointed out the lack of quality high level food servers and managers could be a problem but I doubt this will be a problem here. They stole some 20ish servers from Hal Smith restaurants and at least 3 manages so they have the personnel in place to give that high quality service from the start. I can't wait for it to be open officially to go again.

20. Default Re: Broadway 10

I think the confluence of steaks and sushi is a nice twist. It isn't completely without precedent; Japanese steakhouses do it (locally Musashi's is an example), and Mickey Mantle's - while not doing actual sushi - often features sashimi-grade tuna. Ideologically it also meshes with having tartare on the menu, and Broadway 10 is one of the few places in town to feature tartare.

I really like that they have sushi because I'm not a big meat & potatoes fan and there are tons of those places already in town.

Plus, they have a huge bar which lends itself to small plates rather than a big slab of cow.

22. Default Re: Broadway 10

That bar is truly fantastic. Can't wait to prop myself up on it.

Agreed! They also have a very vast selection of drinks. A nice wine list, plenty of cocktails and a large but not overwhelming beer list. It will be perfect for that afternoon drink or late at night.

Hearing all these rave reviews makes me really excited for Sidecar, which has the potential to be a special little local bar.

We had dinner at Broadway 10 saturday night. I can't say enough good things about it. we had the Meatballs for appetizer and they were very good the sauce I would love to have on pasta anytime! salads were good with tastey dressings. I had my heart set on the New york strip but they were out of it unfortunately but the Filet mignon was SOOOOO good. all the steaks come with a side and a starch and she ended up bringin us multiple sides actually. so we tried the Gorgonzola mash which was far and away the best side!. we also tried the mac and chees and the Au Gratin side and they were both really good as well but for my return trip I am sure it will be the mashed potatos. the cheesecake was HUGE and couldn't finish it but delicious and the Creme brule was spot on and probably what I would choose. Service was very good and they did very much work as a team. everyone from the door to the managers roaming around were very pleasant. being soft opening one of the managers stopped for a good chat about any suggestions or edits and i seriously couldn't come up with any with our meal. This will be a go to for a great meal for sure for us.

Thread Information