Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FlashBack RetroPub

Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    The owner's of Joey's have got to love this.

Jrod...any plans to get Punchout?
    We would like to get it, but its a hard game to find. Last time I came across one was February 2013 and it was in bad shape. I plan on going to some auctions to try and pick a couple of other games up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    JRod,

Who repairs these older games when they stop working? I have been to The Max in Tulsa several times and seems there are always games that are out of operation.

I am merely just curious since I have no idea.
    We would have to find someone local until I can get more up to date on fixing the games myself. There are several people locally that fix games, but it's not cheap. We have several games that we bought knowing they need some work done, but we bought them because they are hard to find and we wanted to have all original cabinets. I'm not a big fan of the Multicade Cabinets.

I do want to make sure that we give credit to Motahareh Nickel with Wiggin Property, she invested a lot of her time in helping us get this deal done. We had worked with several other brokers and I felt like we were an after thought and that they only reached out to us when they didn't have anything else to do. She made the initial contact when we made a post on Facebook what finding a location and she made it her goal to find us a home. I plan on solely working with her for future projects.

USER Memberships will be up for grabs later this week. Purchase information will be listed soon, but here's what you get:

1. Free Arcade Play for One (1) Year
    2. Individual Fees for League Nights waived
    3. Free USER t-shirt

Cost of a USER Membership will be $275, that's an average of under $23 per month of game play.

Limited number of memberships available.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    I plan on going to some auctions to try and pick a couple of other games up soon.
    Going to the Mad Dogs' one in Ponca City on Friday? Could be a good one - I'd go myself but I'll be stuck at work and don't have space for more anyway. Vapor TRX, Suzuka 8 Hours, and Area 51 Site 4 are newer but would appeal to the late twenty-something crowd and they supposedly have a Gorf too.

Do u have the pack an that was flat like a table and not a standup game? They had one at crystals way back when.

7. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Side note: In 2000, I could have had a perfectly working Cabal and Punchout for $75 / each. My rec room weeps.

FlashBack RetroPub
    ‏@FlashBackRtroPb
    Planning Commission APPROVED us for Re-Zoning for ABC3!!! One more step to go

Well at least the city did one positive thing today...

I am confused on this deal. The owners of Flashback were pissed at LandRun for the delays (which I would have been too), but if they would have stayed put, they could be open by now. Are they anywhere near being done with the new location?

It wasn't just delays. They also changed around their space, broke many promises, etc. (FlashBack side of things). Remember, Fedora left too and has yet to open.

The new FlashBack location should open first week of May.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    I am confused on this deal. The owners of Flashback were pissed at LandRun for the delays (which I would have been too), but if they would have stayed put, they could be open by now. Are they anywhere near being done with the new location?
    This move was meant to be and we couldn't be happier where we are now. The End!

We have to go through the process to obtain an ABC3 for this location, which takes about 4 months from start to finish.

December 12th - ABC3 Application Deadline
    January 15th - Go before City Planning Commission (Approved)
    Pending Date - Go before City Council (Typically 4-6 weeks after CPC)
    If approved by City Council, 4 week wait to get Re-Zoned.

14. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Well, we are missing you guys. And the cox store...UGH.
    Oh well. Can't wait to visit you guys on film row. I could say I would fund your business on street fighter 2. But I used to be able to beat the game on less than a dollar. Good thing I like whiskey.

They have stared work (from https://twitter.com/FlashBackRtroPb):

They are moving along on the interior finish out and should be opening in May.

17. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Really keeping my fingers crossed for them. With the lack of foot traffic and critical mass over there currently I hope they're well-capitalized enough to make it through what are sure to be some lean years early on. Honestly I wish they'd ended up in Midtown, Bricktown, Plaza or even somehow back in Uptown23. But every district needs its pioneers, and if they can make a go of it their opening will probably one day be looked back upon as a critically-important moment for Film Row.

18. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Really keeping my fingers crossed for them. With the lack of foot traffic....
    I know I'll be walking over there at lunch and doing my part to keep them afloat a couple of days a week..... If they intend to be open during lunch hours.

19. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

I'll do my best to get over there too. I love the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I know I'll be walking over there at lunch and doing my part to keep them afloat a couple of days a week..... If they intend to be open during lunch hours.
    Starting off, the hours of operation will be:

Monday - Friday
    5pm - 2am

Saturday
    2pm - 2am

Sunday
    2pm - 12am

We felt this was a good starting point and could be flexible from there.

21. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    Starting off, the hours of operation will be:

Monday - Friday
    5pm - 2am

Saturday
    2pm - 2am

Sunday
    2pm - 12am

We felt this was a good starting point and could be flexible from there.
    Maybe you could just hide a key under the door mat and I'll let myself in to play at lunch time?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Maybe you could just hide a key under the door mat and I'll let myself in to play at lunch time?
    Would this make you Otis to his Andy?

23. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Would this make you Otis to his Andy?
    Possibly but my addiction is to the arcade games and not the alcohol.

Oh, NO! Google Maps is undercutting FBRP! Go to Google Maps and play PacMan in OKC (or any google map site).

Film Row is going to become awesome! This seems like it will be a really cool place.

Thread Information