Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FlashBack RetroPub

Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Great news!

2. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by jrod View Post
    Great news!
    Well out with it! I think we are all to excited to see you all succeed! So we want to know where we will be spending our hard earned coin!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Well out with it! I think we are all to excited to see you all succeed! So we want to know where we will be spending our hard earned coin!
    All in due time, it's not 100% done yet, just 99%. Through all of this I've learned not the count my chickens before they hatch.

4. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    All in due time, it's not 100% done yet, just 99%. Through all of this I've learned not the count my chickens before they hatch.
    Understood! I hope this one sticks. I hope I was right about the location too.

Understood! I hope this one sticks. I hope I was right about the location too.
    Which location was that?

6. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    Which location was that?
    I was hoping for two different locations. 8th st. and Film Row, preferably the Main St. Arcade building owned by Mr. Wanzer.

7. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Main Street Arcade would be awesome.... I'd walk down there and play at lunch.

I was hoping for two different locations. 8th st. and Film Row, preferably the Main St. Arcade building owned by Mr. Wanzer.
    Well the location will be announced soon enough…

Interesting. They're charting new territory to make this an entertainment district, but things should fill in around it before long.

This area is going to develop fast.

Not only with 21c but the Music Hall as part of the Hall Capital development will be very close and of course all the Hall lots will be developed in a very dense manner. This is all going to start to happen early next year.

I personally love this because it will greatly help Joey's and the Paramount; especially because FB won't serve food. Will be a great compliment and bring some late-night activity.

You'll have 21c with their restaurant and bar, the Music Hall, more likely in the Hall development plus Flashback and everything else that is already there.

One of the great things about the area -- and one of the reasons FB chose it -- is because it's pretty straight forward to get an ABC-3 permit (no food required; full bar). Plus, there is plenty of space and even building stock with reasonable rent.

I bet we'll see at least one other bar in the area within a year.

The irony is that I was last on the OKC bar scene in the 80's... Graduated college in '82 and moved away in '89.

So, this place will be like OKC frozen in time for me.

I was a one-time Donkey Kong champ... Have to see if I still have it!

Great news, glad you found a location

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nice, Pete. What was your high score back then?

This is awesome news. I believe this is a better fit for the business. Can't wait til the residential is built and this becomes more of a neighborhood.

15. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

This is great news! That spot is prime! Congrats!

16. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

yes, congrats and best wishes!

OKC is really coming together, nicely.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Really excited for this! With the hall capital developments and 21c coming, it would be hard to beat the first mover advantage. Congrats!!!

18. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

The irony is that I was last on the OKC bar scene in the 80's... Graduated college in '82 and moved away in '89.

So, this place will be like OKC frozen in time for me.

Pete could have been the untold story in this documentary...

19. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Nice!

I had my picture up on a wall in an arcade for awhile for rolling a Track & Field machine around 1985. Played it for over 4 hours and it had advanced from using Alpha-Numeric characters for levels to using colored blocks.

This is great news. I cannot wait for this place to open. Film Row also has a ton of potential to be a great entertainment district and as the 21c Hotel comes online and the Hall development takes off, Flashback will really benefit from having been the pioneer.

The owner's of Joey's have got to love this.

Jrod...any plans to get Punchout?

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Pete could have been the untold story in this documentary...

This is a great documentary, once we get established we hope to be able to hold regional tournaments.

^

That is a great documentary.

Honestly, I don't remember my high score on DK -- it's been twenty years since I last played.

It would be awesome fun to play the arcade game again, as other versions just don't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Nice!

I had my picture up on a wall in an arcade for awhile for rolling a Track & Field machine around 1985. Played it for over 4 hours and it had advanced from using Alpha-Numeric characters for levels to using colored blocks.
    Gotta love the games that didn't account for 3 digit numbers and switched to colored blocks once you passed 99. Nintendo did the same thing with Mario Bros., once you passed 99 extra lives it went to different colored blocks, but even if you lost lives it would never go back to the numerical count. Anyway, neither here nor there, but its one of those things you remember as a kid from playing these games. The one thing I have never accomplished is the "Kill Screen"

25. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

JRod,

Who repairs these older games when they stop working? I have been to The Max in Tulsa several times and seems there are always games that are out of operation.

I am merely just curious since I have no idea.

Thread Information