Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FlashBack RetroPub

Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    We made the decision to be smoke free regardless of the product and we are sticking with it.

I personally don't enjoy walking into a cloud of vapor when I'm out and about in OKC, because I don't want to be breathing whatever is in the flavored water.

We are also extending the no smoking to our patio once it opens and to the front outdoor entrance area.

Snobby or not, it's how we have chosen to operate our establishment and we believe more patrons will appreciate it.
    I completely support your decision.

Just hoping if you don't already have it, you will get a USA vs USSR bubble hockey console.

2. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

We made the decision to be smoke free regardless of the product and we are sticking with it.

I personally don't enjoy walking into a cloud of vapor when I'm out and about in OKC, because I don't want to be breathing whatever is in the flavored water.

We are also extending the no smoking to our patio once it opens and to the front outdoor entrance area.

Snobby or not, it's how we have chosen to operate our establishment and we believe more patrons will appreciate it.
    Glad to hear that, I wish more places would take up that policy.

thank you!

4. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Your policy will definitely entice me to stop in and drop a few quarters after work.

We will be a non-smoking facility and that includes vape smoking. We are getting closer, all the games are now moved in and the rest of the furniture will be moved in this weekend.

whatitis, you're tv isn't working, so if there is a magic touch we need to have let me know. I was hoping to get a couple of nintendo games in this weekend in between moving furniture.
    nooooooooo. I will ask my parents(who we got it from) if there was any trick to it. Is it turning on and not showing a picture. What specifically is it doing. I want to help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    nooooooooo. I will ask my parents(who we got it from) if there was any trick to it. Is it turning on and not showing a picture. What specifically is it doing. I want to help if I can.
    It turns on, but the full image does not come through on the projector. The lights/colors are not combining to create a clear picture. We tried connecting a VCR to it and a nintendo, but we couldn't get the picture to show up.

It turns on, but the full image does not come through on the projector. The lights/colors are not combining to create a clear picture. We tried connecting a VCR to it and a nintendo, but we couldn't get the picture to show up.
    Remember its a 80's TV, you have to slap the side to get it to work properly.

Film Exchange Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by loveOKC View Post
    Remember its a 80's TV, you have to slap the side to get it to work properly.
    Already tried it, didn't work

9. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

I also support your decision JRod. Can't wait for you to open!

ok. I remember as a kid that would happen and there were buttons on the tv that you push to get the colors to align properly. I want to say(can't remember without seeing it as I hadn't used it in years) but there's a little number pad on the TV just under the wood panel that folds out. That number pad I think all the numbers wore off but the bottom left and right were up and down arrows. I believe that is what we would push to get it to align. If you want I can come look at it. but I understand if not.

also can I get the model number. I'll look it up and see if I can figure it out even more.

Hooray for no smoking at all!

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    ok. I remember as a kid that would happen and there were buttons on the tv that you push to get the colors to align properly. I want to say(can't remember without seeing it as I hadn't used it in years) but there's a little number pad on the TV just under the wood panel that folds out. That number pad I think all the numbers wore off but the bottom left and right were up and down arrows. I believe that is what we would push to get it to align. If you want I can come look at it. but I understand if not.

also can I get the model number. I'll look it up and see if I can figure it out even more.
    You have my contact info, I'll be there most of the day on Saturday. If you are available, let me know and you can stop by. Thanks for the help.

Half the excitement of owning equipment from the 80's is getting it to work properly.

Sneak peek:

love it.

quartergasms fer grownups

Very, very cool!

Looking forward to that NBA Jam.

19. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Yeah.... I see Track & Field... I know where my quarters will be going. ;+)

Jrod...no small tables between games for food/drinks on purpose to reduce accidental spillage? That's the only thing I wondered about when looking at the picture.

First off, I'm a non smoker. No smoking inside is a good call. I can't agree with the no smoking outside.

I know it isn't your intention but rules like that will come off as you enforcing your will just because you can. It will turn a lot of people off (mostly smokers). Also, its a concept bar of the past ,where you know, EVERYBODY smoked inside & outside haha. Its your place though, so more power to you & you've got a concept that I think will be successful no matter what.

You planning on putting any neon or any other decorations on the walls?

Tons of places ban smoking on their patios.

Banning it inside only just means smokers pollute any outdoor space and make it undesirable for many who hate being around smoke.

Film Exchange Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Jrod...no small tables between games for food/drinks on purpose to reduce accidental spillage? That's the only thing I wondered about when looking at the picture.
    We will be adding shelves between every two (2) games, we've also installed cup holders on a majority of the games. There's still a lot of little touches left to do, the picture you see was just a sneak peek on the progress as a whole. It's look mostly complete because all the larger equipment has been moved in, but it's the small details that take a while to complete.

We still have projectors we have to install, the High Score Board, Beer Menu board… and eventually we will be adding more 80's inspired murals on the walls.

We still have projectors we have to install, the High Score Board, Beer Menu board… and eventually we will be adding more 80's inspired murals on the walls.
    High score board? Wow thats awesome. I'm assuming electronic? That will for sure keep people coming back trying to keep their name at the top.

Thread Information