wish i could like this

Blog Entries

Default Re: TopGolf

Even people who dont play golf like TopGolf

June 20th is opening day

I have friends who visited a location in Texas and somehow TopGolf messed up and charged them triple on their credit card. They called to complain and to make up for it, TopGolf gave them free, unlimited visits, at any TopGolf location, for life.

They are from OKC so when this place opens, they are going to be spending a LOT of time here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I have friends who visited a location in Texas and somehow TopGolf messed up and charged them triple on their credit card. They called to complain and to make up for it, TopGolf gave them free, unlimited visits, at any TopGolf location, for life.

They are from OKC so when this place opens, they are going to be spending a LOT of time here...
    Hope this happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Hope this happens to me.
    We can dream.

Getting close now.. From the Chisholm Creek FB page:

Such a great addition to Oklahoma City.

This is probably a really stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway: With that many people firing shots off all at once, how do you keep track of where you ball lands? It seems to me that it'd be pretty difficult. Am I missing something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    This is probably a really stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway: With that many people firing shots off all at once, how do you keep track of where you ball lands? It seems to me that it'd be pretty difficult. Am I missing something?
    Balls have chips in them and are tracked for you

RFID Scores Well at TopGolf's Newest Entertainment Complex - RFID Journal

The balls have sensors and the round targets have sensors, too.

From their website:

Our technology is top secret, but the game itself is simple. Think of it like bowling or darts, but for golf! When it’s your turn, you hit a golf ball containing a personalized microchip into one of 11 targets ranging from 20 to 240 yards away. Every section of every target has a reader that detects the microchip in your clever golf ball. That reader computes your score based on the accuracy and distance of the shot and then sends the score to your bay screen. No pencil and paper needed to keep score in this game!

^^^^

Cool!!!

Thanks to both of you for answering my stupid question. Guess I should've checked the website. D'oh!

Blog Entries

^^^^

Cool!!!

Thanks to both of you for answering my stupid question. Guess I should've checked the website. D'oh!
    Not stupid at all - two of my sons have been to the ones in Texas multiple times and rave about it. One is a golfer and the other isn't but they both had great fun!

I know Skybox Golf that was supposed to go behind Lowes on Memorial got scrapped because TopGolf was planning on suing if they were going to build. Isn't there a similar concept being built in Tulsa on the River Walk? It must be a totally different concept.

Better up my monthly Uber budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I know Skybox Golf that was supposed to go behind Lowes on Memorial got scrapped because TopGolf was planning on suing if they were going to build. Isn't there a similar concept being built in Tulsa on the River Walk? It must be a totally different concept.
    I believe the Skybox people have taken the concept to Tulsa.

18. Default Re: TopGolf

According to their FB page this morning, it seems Top Golf will also be going to Tulsa.

19. Default Re: TopGolf

Here is a link to press release Topgolf Aims for 2016 Tulsa Opening

Good for them. Too bad for Skybox People. Can't imagine how much resources they have gone through the last few years and haven't put one shovel in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Here is a link to press release Topgolf Aims for 2016 Tulsa Opening

Good for them. Too bad for Skybox People. Can't imagine how much resources they have gone through the last few years and haven't put one shovel in the ground.
    They can still build in Tulsa. The location that was going to be in OKC wasn't really that great in my opinion compared to Topgolf's. Topgolf is going to surrounded by tons of other businesses in the near future.

This is from yesterday.

I noticed they had all the furniture pretty much in place... They are getting very close:

22. Default Re: TopGolf

They just posted this on their FB page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11109020_722509504538463_6645234171571204708_n.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	10891

Blog Entries

My daughter's friends are working at TG and they said the opening is going to be pretty crazy. Their training process has been very interesting and seems to really focus on putting employees in the areas that cater to their strengths. I think they said they have been told that 10,000 people will come thru the doors the first day which seems impossible. Maybe that is the first weekend...either way its a big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    My daughter's friends are working at TG and they said the opening is going to be pretty crazy. Their training process has been very interesting and seems to really focus on putting employees in the areas that cater to their strengths. I think they said they have been told that 10,000 people will come thru the doors the first day which seems impossible. Maybe that is the first weekend...either way its a big deal!
    I do not doubt it one bit, this place will be probably the biggest success to come to OKC since the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    I do not doubt it one bit, this place will be probably the biggest success to come to OKC since the Thunder.
    I was just thinking that there is probably no better market in the U.S. for TopGolf than OKC.

First, it's a massive golf city; big part of the local culture. Second, this is exactly the type of thing that people in OKC are hungry for. And third, far less fun and interesting attractions and retailers OKC have consistently destroyed projections.

Thread Information