Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I go in the morning during plus hours. I will have to remember about the 7 am on Tues. One thing I have noticed in the past when going to senior/at risk hours is that a lot of younger very able bodied people shopping. The stores will not ask if they are at risk and people know this and just go in and shop.
    You can't always tell what a persons risk level is by just looking at them.

Understand but when the majority of people in the store are younger ie under 50 and some say "oh great the store is open and I can shop early" type thing, you get the idea they are only there because they think they can shop early. Also when they are not wearing masks and refuse to social distance and when you politely ask them to soical distance and they say I dont have time for this xxxxxx.

After the big push to be able to add eye care centers, I’m hearing that none of the metro sams clubs currently have an optometrist to be able to offer exams. Not sure of the reasons for this whether it’s they can’t keep them employeed or the eye centers didn’t get enough customers. Sounds like you can only get glasses and contacts there now with a prescription from an outside doctor.

Horrible experience at Sams just now. A couple of items that are pretty common I haven't been able to buy there for a few months. These are items they have sold for years and I pretty much buy monthly. So I asked a manager on the way out why they are not available any more and he said that is usually because they cant buy them for the price they want to pay. I told him that is the problem with Sams is they get you used to buying something there for years then they just stop carrying it. All he had to say was I know. Then Scan and Go made me log in, scan my Sams card then enter all the numbers on the card when I tried to check out instead of automatically using my Sams Master Card for payment. If I have to do that every time I use Scan and Go now I might as well just go through the self check out and swipe my card. I think it's time to check out Costco.

^

Costco has the same issue with dropping items.

They all work buys on huge discounts and when they can no longer get them, they move on.

Also true with Trader Joe's and Aldi.

My strategy for Costco is that if they have something I want, I better just get it now because there is no guarantee it will be around when I come back in the next few weeks. I've been burned many times in the past by procrastinating on a good deal. I think you have to factor that into your expectations with these types of companies. Strike while the iron is hot, they surely do.

7. Default Re: Sam's Club

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Horrible experience at Sams just now. A couple of items that are pretty common I haven't been able to buy there for a few months. These are items they have sold for years and I pretty much buy monthly. So I asked a manager on the way out why they are not available any more and he said that is usually because they cant buy them for the price they want to pay. I told him that is the problem with Sams is they get you used to buying something there for years then they just stop carrying it. All he had to say was I know. Then Scan and Go made me log in, scan my Sams card then enter all the numbers on the card when I tried to check out instead of automatically using my Sams Master Card for payment. If I have to do that every time I use Scan and Go now I might as well just go through the self check out and swipe my card. I think it's time to check out Costco.
    just an fyi Costco doesn't accept MC

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Costco.com does accept MasterCard. In-store is only Visa.
    https://customerservice.costco.com/a...d-at-costco%3F

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Just a FYI my Sams membership card is a MC. And Scan and Go used to automatically charge to that card without having to manually enter all the CC numbers . And those items can be purchased at Walmart without paying for a membership. Maybe a slightly smaller quantity and perhaps a higher per unit cost but at least they are available to buy so it's not like these items have been discontinued from the manufacturer. Like I said they are common items. And that was just this trip. It's gotten where almost every trip to Sams lately it occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    My strategy for Costco is that if they have something I want, I better just get it now because there is no guarantee it will be around when I come back in the next few weeks. I've been burned many times in the past by procrastinating on a good deal. I think you have to factor that into your expectations with these types of companies. Strike while the iron is hot, they surely do.
    Well you can only just buy so much when the item has an expiration date.

Odd that the Sam's app required all that to check out. The app and Scan and go are two main reasons i prefer Sam's over Costco. I never have to use the checkout!. I have 3 different cards stored in the app so I can change method of payment if I wish without any hassle. Sam's on May is just so convenient to where I live and with Scan and Go its a no brainer for me. sorry you had issued.

The Scan & Go app does that once in a while for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Scan & Go app does that once in a while for some reason.
    interesting.. guess I have just been lucky.. ive never had it doe more than have me log in again but never had to enter the credit card info again.

I've been using the Scan and Go app for as long as its been available. It was always automatic at checkout. just swipe to pay and walk to the door. Especially when the first thing it made me do was scan the bar code on the back of the membership/CC. From that point is should have all that information. I guess what really miffed me was the cavalier who gives a crap attitude of the manager I spoke to.

Customer service is miles better at Costco.

But they don't have anything like Scan & Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Customer service is miles better at Costco..
    They also put miles of shopping carts at the front blocking nearly any path to the exit. When Costco closes a register, they treat it like a concrete barrier. You are literally forced to go through an open checkout whether you buy something or not.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    They also put miles of shopping carts at the front blocking nearly any path to the exit. When Costco closes a register, they treat it like a concrete barrier. You are literally forced to go through an open checkout whether you buy something or not.
    i am not sure i have ever set foot in costco without buying something ..

18. Default Re: Sam's Club

Wild that I can't use the Costco App on my phone to get gas at Costco. Sam's is still miles ahead in the tech department.

^

And the huge percentage of items at Costco are not on their website, so very difficult to know what they have and what they don't unless you drive there and spend a bunch of time searching that massive store. And even then, if you can't find something you have no idea if you aren't looking in the right places or if they are out of stock or simply no longer carry the items.

Sam's has absolutely everything on their site, even the food they make in the store. You can check to see what they have before you go, as well as see prices and other details to help you in your purchase decisions.

Costco is superior in their customer service and with their Kirkland brand items, but they are in the dark ages when it comes to tech and Sam's is on the other end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    You can leave through the entrance at anytime.

Default Sam's Club

It looks like AI will take the place of checking receipts.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sams...receipt-2024-1

^

Thanks for sharing that - it will massively improve getting in and out of there and not being stuck behind a ton of people.

Walmart/Sam's really gets technology.

23. Default Re: Sam's Club

The receipt checkers at Sams Club have been pretty slow in Norman. They have to scan at least four items with their scanner on exit so it takes forever. Ive seen the line (which has two people checking receipts) all the way back at the tire area a few times.

This seems like a system that can be easily defeated by just burying the item someone wants to steal. This walmart basically saying, we only care about the large items.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    This seems like a system that can be easily defeated by just burying the item someone wants to steal. This walmart basically saying, we only care about the large items.
    Just wait. Bet they have AI technology in the works that scans your cart through store as you add items.

Thread Information