Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dunkin Donuts

Default Re: Dunkin Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Back to DD. Stopped in the one in Edmond on Broadway this morning and have to say I was impressed. Quit going years ago but have a change of heart now. Spacious, clean, and offer a good breakfast menu and adequate coffee selection. The drive-thru had about 8 cars in line so I went in and was served promptly. Wish they would put one in downtown.
    the OKC operators are very very good ..

Quite the opposite experience at the DD on 23d. Only a couple of cars in drive thru but I like to browse the donut cases so went inside. For starters the place was trashy. The dining area was barricaded with tables and chairs like they were defending against the walking dead or something. Two people working inside but both completely ignored me. Waited a bit and said hello but neither even turned to look. One waived a hand like she sort of knew I was there. Waited longer and finally left. Maybe in another year or two I'll try a DD again. Never that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by rjstone208 View Post
    Quite the opposite experience at the DD on 23d. Only a couple of cars in drive thru but I like to browse the donut cases so went inside. For starters the place was trashy. The dining area was barricaded with tables and chairs like they were defending against the walking dead or something. Two people working inside but both completely ignored me. Waited a bit and said hello but neither even turned to look. One waived a hand like she sort of knew I was there. Waited longer and finally left. Maybe in another year or two I'll try a DD again. Never that one though.
    I frequent the DD on 36th/May all the time - always a long line, always excellent service! I occasionally visit the one at 39th and Meridian - a similar experience. It might have just been a fluke - but two weeks ago I went to the one on 23rd... I almost just left; the employees did not want to be there and it showed.

A DD in the Yukon/Mustang area would make a killing.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    A DD in the Yukon/Mustang area would make a killing.
    Was coming to post this exact thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Was coming to post this exact thing.
    Everytime I see this thread show up, I'm praying it's an announcement for a Dunkin in Mustang/Yukon.

Agree with the Yukon posts! So many great areas for a D&D and another Starbucks. Summer moon is great in Rte66, would t mind them having another location in the Yukon/Mustang area.
    I’m also surprised Scooters or Stella Nova haven’t made an appearance in the area!!

8. Default Re: Dunkin Donuts

Quote Originally Posted by rjstone208 View Post
    So irritating when that happens. It's fast food, though. The people who failed to wait on you will be working somewhere else in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    So irritating when that happens. It's fast food, though. The people who failed to wait on you will be working somewhere else in 3 weeks.
    Heck, the full service restaurants along Memorial are not much better. I guess thats a sign that economy isn't terrible in Oklahoma if employees have other options.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Heck, the full service restaurants along Memorial are not much better. I guess thats a sign that economy isn't terrible in Oklahoma if employees have other options.
    I would say this is almost universal anywhere near the Quail Springs area. Some exceptions are places like Chik-Fil-A, Canes and surprisingly, Whataburger.

Ghengis Grill, Five Guys, Smashburger, and at least one or two other restaurants were places we tried in other parts of town, only to find the Quail Springs area locations sucked.

New Dunkin Donuts planned for 717 N. Mustang Road near Yukon:

North of I-40...interesting

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy15 View Post
    North of I-40...interesting
    As it should be. Going south on Mustang from I-40 has become ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    As it should be. Going south on Mustang from I-40 has become ridiculous.
    It's the worst. My son plays baseball in Mustang a few nights a week and its a 20-25 minute commute on Mustang Rd from I-40 to 59th St.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy15 View Post
    It's the worst. My son plays baseball in Mustang a few nights a week and its a 20-25 minute commute on Mustang Rd from I-40 to 59th St.
    I don’t know making that interchange a SPUI (like Morgan Rd.) would have helped, but the amount of curb cuts just south don’t help one bit. It’s beyond ridiculous.

The Dunkin at 4400 NW 39th is getting a full remodel:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Dunkin at 4400 NW 39th is getting a full remodel:

I think that one is the original one in OKC. We used to stop in there and eat donuts in 1971, 72, 73 when in high school and were out cruising on 39th. Back when their donuts were actually good and made fresh in the store. Their donuts are horrible now.

Blog Entries

I have not had a DD donut is years.

Donut Palace at NW 122nd and Council has great donuts BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post

I don't know about DD other products they serve now because I quit going there when they changed how their donuts are made, but for donuts there are so many better donut shops around that make fresh donuts the old fashioned way. One of my favorites is the one on NW 23rd st just east of Council. The one on Rt 66 just west of Council is a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post

Just had Donut Palace this past weekend for the first time. They were great!

We pretty much just go to Dunkin for coffee quasi-regularly and it is usually pretty good. Periodically there is a new person that is still learning and doesn't get it quite right. We don't really get donuts at all, so can't really comment on the donut quality.

We have so many great mom and pop places that make awesome, fresh donuts. Our go-to is either AM Donut at 28th and Penn or I Love Donuts at 63rd and May. Seems like there’s a good Korean-owned shop on just about every other corner in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    We have so many great mom and pop places that make awesome, fresh donuts. Our go-to is either AM Donut at 28th and Penn or I Love Donuts at 63rd and May. Seems like there’s a completely average Korean-owned shop on just about every other corner in the metro.
    fify. Just my opinion, but none of those are really "good", tried quite a few so far. If any of them rise up to the level of Missy's in Guthrie, I'd like to know...

I will say the one thing that had us going to DD was their hours pre-pandemic. Now they close at 8 or something and we have no where to get donuts in that 10pm to 2am window that we were used to. Trying to live out those college memories!

Really though, I would like if a Daylight or one of the better mom and pops would be open around midnight or something.

^

Hurts Donut is open 24/7 in Uptown.

Thread Information