Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunkin Donuts

Large Chain Dunkin Donuts

News 9 Rusty Surrette says Dd announced today an expansion of 13 new stores in the metro... Can't find any links to verify, anyone know of anything?

Would be cool to see one downtown.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Dunkin Donuts

I would love a Dunkin' downtown. It's what America runs on after all.

Blog Entries

Yes please on the DD downtown, in DD even... :-)

Press release from earlier today:

Dunkin’ Donuts Announces Plans For 13 Restaurants In Oklahoma City

Canton, MA (RestaurantNews.com) Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, announced today the signing of a multi-unit store development agreement with existing franchise group, OKD Holdings, to develop 13 new restaurants throughout Oklahoma City, Okla. The first of the planned restaurants will open in 2015.

Together, this team led by second generation Dunkin’ Donuts franchisee Misha Goli and his partners will manage and oversee the company’s daily operations for each restaurant. Goli currently owns four restaurants throughout Oklahoma City and has a vast knowledge of the QSR industry.

“We are excited to continue to expand Dunkin’ Donuts’ presence throughout Oklahoma City and play an important role in the daily lives of people who live, work and visit here,” said Misha Goli, Dunkin’ Donuts franchisee. “We have a passion and loyalty for the brand and look forward to the opening of our Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in the years to come.”

Opportunities still remain available throughout Oklahoma in Tulsa as well as outside the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. To drive its expansion efforts, Dunkin’ Donuts has aligned its strategy to support the growth opportunities and consumer needs of individual markets.

Dunkin’ Donuts’ new look includes four distinct restaurant design options for franchisees, each featuring variations in layout, color schemes, graphics, textures, furniture and/or lighting. These designs enhance the current restaurant appearance, environment and layout to serve people all day long. Unlike other quick-service restaurants, Dunkin’ Donuts allows franchisees to select individual elements from any of the four options, creating a restaurant design that reflects their personal tastes and preferences, and best serves their specific restaurant size and location.

Building a solid network of stores within a market enables Dunkin’ Donuts to invest in a distribution model that provides consistent, high-quality products that guests expect. In an effort to keep the brand fresh and competitive, Dunkin’ Donuts offers flexible concepts for any real estate format including free-standing restaurants, end caps, in-line sites, gas and convenience, travel plazas and universities, as well as other retail environments.

“Our secret to success is our passionate franchisees who provide a high-level of customer service to our guests every day,” said Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of global franchising and business development, Dunkin’ Brands. “We believe these existing franchise partners will become an important part of the local communities they serve.”

Since the 1950s, Dunkin’ Donuts has been a daily ritual for millions of people. For more than 60 years, Dunkin’ Donuts has offered delicious food, beverages, and friendly service at a great value. To best serve its guests, Dunkin’ Donuts offers an all-day menu including iced coffee, flavored coffees, lattes, Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup® Packs, Coolatta® frozen drinks, muffins, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, and a DDSMART® menu featuring better-for-you items.

To learn more about Dunkin’ Donuts, visit Home | Dunkin' Donuts or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).

They've had one here in Edmond for awhile, are there any others in the OKC metro area?

Restaurants?? Not just coffee/donut shops??

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They've had one here in Edmond for awhile, are there any others in the OKC metro area?
    Nw 39th expressway. And
    Del city

Wow - and 13 more? That's major expansion. Surely one will be somewhere in the city center.

Would people really want a Dunkin Donut's downtown, in Deep Deuce for instance, or would you rather a mom and pop bakery/donut shop?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Would people really want a Dunkin Donut's downtown, in Deep Deuce for instance, or would you rather a mom and pop bakery/donut shop?
    For some of us, nothin' but Dunkin' coffee will work. No matter what they say, the Dunkin' Coffee you buy at the grocery store just isn't the same.

Blog Entries

Makes me even more annoyed that they closed the Classen location a few years ago...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    We already have mom and pop donuts in Midtown (Brown's), so why not DD in DD?

I love local, but Dunkin coffee is amazing and way more budget friendly. Bring it on! My wife is gonna be ecstatic.

Yep. Dunkin Donuts coffee and the Old Fashioned donuts are the deal makers. Everything else is superfluous.

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    Yep. Dunkin Donuts coffee and the Old Fashioned donuts are the deal makers. Everything else is superfluous.

This and this

Put one in Yukon on Garth Brooks.

This is so exciting!! Being from the East Coast, it took me forever to get use to the fact that there wouldn't be a DD around every corner in Oklahoma.
    I hope I can get their hot chocolate somewhere near me in the future. The closest location to me is the Edmond one

Please come to Norman!!

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    For some of us, nothin' but Dunkin' coffee will work. No matter what they say, the Dunkin' Coffee you buy at the grocery store just isn't the same.
    It isn't the same. The store-bought DD coffee is just some generic coffee produced by a company that licenses the DD name. My mom found that out after she never could quite figure out why she couldn't make a pot of her DD coffee taste like what she'd get when she'd get a cup at the DD she'd visit with her brother on occasion. Then the lady at the DD told her the story, which didn't really surprise me too much.

As a bit of historical trivia, there used to be Dunkin Donut shops all over town - on S. Penn north of 59th was one we frequented a bunch...but they (well, most) just disappeared. Great to see more stores coming in, giving folks more options.

They just started reopening here in Denver right before Christmas.

Don't think too highly of Dunkin Donuts--just sweet. In the past, enjoyed Shipley Donuts in Arkansas and Texas, and Spudnuts in Guthrie.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    It isn't the same. The store-bought DD coffee is just some generic coffee produced by a company that licenses the DD name. My mom found that out after she never could quite figure out why she couldn't make a pot of her DD coffee taste like what she'd get when she'd get a cup at the DD she'd visit with her brother on occasion. Then the lady at the DD told her the story, which didn't really surprise me too much.

As a bit of historical trivia, there used to be Dunkin Donut shops all over town - cut
    But the store bought DD Apple Pie and Mocha Mint is really good anyway. Thanks for clarification - explains a lot.

My sister worked at the (dearly departed) Classen store in early 70's. They got to bring home mistakes such as over filled or stale donuts. I can thank DD for the beginning of my addiction to chocolate cream filled donuts.

They were better before they remodeled the OKC stores. Had way more varieties. Now the one on 39th locks their doors at 11:00 and you have to use the drive thru. You can't see what they have made and what they are out of at the drive thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    This is so exciting!! Being from the East Coast, it took me forever to get use to the fact that there wouldn't be a DD around every corner in Oklahoma.
    I hope I can get their hot chocolate somewhere near me in the future. The closest location to me is the Edmond one
    Same! I got so excited when I heard this.

Dunkin Donuts is great but I always preferred Winchells.

Thread Information