Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Crest on Sooner and Covell

1. Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell

Yes, the Santa Fe store has offices at the front part of the store on a second floor. Not sure how much bigger that makes it. It's only a few offices that have windows facing the front of the building. Sort of crammed in there.

Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Aren't there corporate offices at the Santa Fe store which makes the building bigger than the actual shopping area?
    Yes, the majority of corporate personnel work at Sante Fe & 15th, some though are in Midwest City........As for the customer experience the new store being built is about the same size as the one in Yukon. The Norman store is the largest location.

Crest, Edmond, is going after the Stillwater market. I got a circ in the mail from it offering a free 2-liter bottle of Dr. Pepper and a free 16 oz. package of Zest crackers. I'm not eager to make a trip for free junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Crest, Edmond, is going after the Stillwater market. I got a circ in the mail from it offering a free 2-liter bottle of Dr. Pepper and a free 16 oz. package of Zest crackers. I'm not eager to make a trip for free junk food.
    Stillwater has 50k people, 2 Walmart Supercenters, a Homeland, Sprouts, Aldi. It's not like its a food desert.

Guessing they are going after the same crowd that makes a trip down to OKC for a Sam's or Costco trip?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Stillwater has 50k people, 2 Walmart Supercenters, a Homeland, Sprouts, Aldi. It's not like its a food desert.

Guessing they are going after the same crowd that makes a trip down to OKC for a Sam's or Costco trip?
    The hope would be people from Stillwater-Guthrie-Langston might come up for their 1st of month shopping. Nobody has expectation those folks are driving up for Milk and Bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Nobody has expectation those folks are driving up for Milk and Bread.
    Braums has entered the conversation.

Stopped by today. It's feels a lot like the footprint of the other Edmond Store at Santa and 15th. Store layout is very similar to the newer Fresh Markets like the one at SW104th and May.

Lots of parking. Not ideal that the road to get into the store is under construction and has a temporary stoplight.

The store of course is new and nice, and put a lot of attention into the produce, deli, bakery, and fresh meat/seafood section. The rest of it feels like a regular grocery store.

The front of the store and entrance are quite grand compared to the other Edmond store.

^^^ the city is expediting the expansion of Sooner to the north of Covell which will include a permanent stop light and four lanes just over the Coffee Creek bridge. Also to note there will be space for a trail under the new bridge for a future coffee creek trail which is in the works.

9. Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell

I stopped by as well today, and the store is really nice inside and out with lots of trees planted in the parking lot, but most without their leaves already, so here's hoping that they survive and if not are replaced next spring. Probably the nicest "regular" grocery store I have been to in the country--no it's not a Wegmans--but for the prices they offer, it is very nice. It sits up high, too, so it has a nice view from the parking lot, to boot. It has a huge and very high porte cochere which can serve multiple vehicles simultaneously, which is nice. I am not a regular Crest customer because I hadn't lived close to one, but this place will be a very pleasant place to buy groceries. This is a nice get for northeast Edmond and southern Logan County. Will draw folks from Guthrie for sure.

Not northeast Edmond. Central edmond to me. EAst is east of I 35.

We went in last night and were impressed and disappointed.

The store is beautiful and much more spacious than the Edmond location, which is pretty spacious itself. However, it was just a nicer, larger version of the Edmond location. I thought if they were going to build in that area, they would add a bit more specialty items and be more like Uptown Grocery, but that wasn't the case. The old Edmond location actually has a better beer selection than the Covell store and the cold deli section for pasta salads and such was so small, we walked right by it twice without even seeing it.

Nice store and I'm sure the folks out there are happy to have it.

I went in for tea. I was looking for two different kinds. I only found one of them. I buy meat from small producers. I do bulk grains and produce. Interesting thing, about 10 yrs ago i asked if they would put bulk products ie grain, candy etc in the other store. They sent me a letter back and said it was not a cost effective use of space. Ok now they have a whole wall of bulk.

Thread Information