Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crest on Sooner and Covell

Default Crest on Sooner and Covell

Rumor has it that is going in on that SW corner. I had thought the future High school was going in that corner.

2. Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell?

I'm pretty sure the Crest will be on the NW corner.

Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell?

Is this going to be a Crest Fresh Market like the new one in Norman?

I meant SE corner

WTH! Is this for real?

Hadn't heard this one, but that'd spur the east growth.

I would love it if they built a Crest there. It would be so much closer to me than their other Edmond store.

Is there any evidence to show that Crest is building there, such as a building permit? I have checked Crest's website and facebook and there is no mention of this location.

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Rumor has it that is going in on that SW corner. I had thought the future High school was going in that corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Crest will be on the NW corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    I meant SE corner
    Are we sure it's not on the NE corner...

10. Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Is there any evidence to show that Crest is building there, such as a building permit? I have checked Crest's website and facebook and there is no mention of this location.
    I can confirm the NW corner but I'm not at liberty to say more.

Not even for say some BBQ ribs?!

Do you know if it will be one of the new "Fresh Market" concepts or will it be one of the smaller stores?

13. Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell?

I can confirm the NW corner as well.

14. Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Do you know if it will be one of the new "Fresh Market" concepts or will it be one of the smaller stores?
    I'm not involved enough in the project to know much more than the location.

From what I have seen and based on the success of their other "Fresh Market" stores. I would guess that it would be but I can't say that with 100% certainty.

There is a large development planned for between Sooner and I-35 on the north side of Covell; the land is already cleared along with a smaller parcel on the south side of Covell. The same group owns and is developing the entire NE corner of I-35 and Covell.

It's by Raptor Properties, the same group that recently bought Crossroads Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    I would love it if they built a Crest there. It would be so much closer to me than their other Edmond store.
    Yep . . . that area is going to be booming here pretty quickly.

EDMOND — Rezoning property to allow a large grocery store on a 36.75-acre parcel on the northwest corner of Sooner Road and Covell Road was agreed to 5-0 by the Edmond Planning Commission this week.

Fairfax Joint Ventures LLC is asking for permission by the city to rezone from a single family planned unit development to a general commercial PUD, said Bob Schiermeyer, city planner.

“They have another pad site to the north which could be a (multi-story) hotel,” Schiermeyer said.

A grocery store of more than 100,000 square feet would be the main building to anchor other retail pad sites and restaurants to be along Covell, Schiermeyer said. - See more at: Zoning hurdle met for new Covell grocery store » Local News » The Edmond Sun
    This is good!

This is not
    A traffic signal is justified at Covell and Fairfax Boulevard, according to the city.
    This irritates me to no end. It is like the city has a fetish for traffic lights. Unbelievable.

That is a dangerous intersection trying to get out of Fairfax, the hill to the east creates a blind spot somewhat

When the road is widened, the grade will be leveled a bit more than it is and will make it safer. I can think of a hundred different places that are dangerous when exiting, but that doesn't mean they should have stop lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    When the road is widened, the grade will be leveled a bit more than it is and will make it safer. I can think of a hundred different places that are dangerous when exiting, but that doesn't mean they should have stop lights.
    Wouldn't it be OK if driving slower meant someone might otherwise live?

This is moving forward

EDMOND — Plans to build a grocery store on the northwest corner of Sooner Road and Covell Road met little resistance this week by the Edmond City Council.

The council approved request by Fairfax Joint Ventures LLC for a single family planned unit development and a general commercial PUD to become a commercial PUD on a 36.75-acre parcel, said Charles Lamb, mayor. The vote was 4-1 with Councilwoman Elizabeth Waner voting against the item.

“As Fairfax has developed as the golf course, this obviously would not have been anticipated for commercial,” said Bob Schiermeyer, city planner. The 18th hole of the golf course would be relocated to the north of the subject property, Schiermeyer said.

“I think as a master plan amendment, it’s premature in time and place,” Waner said.

A grocery store site larger than 100,000 square feet would be constructed north of two or three pad sites to be located along Covell. A west-side office project from the intersection along Covell would connect onto Fairfax Boulevard, to extend into the addition before a Sooner Road exit, Schiermeyer said.

The idea is for the road to be congruent to access to a road exiting on the west side of the hotel conference center that is being developed off the northwest corner of Interstate 35 and Covell, said Steve Manek, city engineer.

“Once we get to the final design of that pond and those roads coming and going, we’ll have a good idea of where they line up on Sooner as well,” Manek said.

Attorney Todd McKinnis, in representing Fairfax Joint Ventures, said the developer has been working with the city to align the egress and ingress onto Sooner Road. The egress and ingress onto Sooner from the hotel and conference center is a difficult issue, he said.

The future phases of retail development on the $25.5 million Hilton Garden Hotel and conference center site is less defined than the hotel and conference center itself, McKinnis said. No one was thinking about the road when they decided to move the hotel and conference center farther west on the property, he said.

“We are doing our best to align to the entrance of the grocery store on the south side,” McKinnis said. “That’s most likely closest to align to the hotel-conference center road. So we will do everything we can, and I think we’ll probably have to make sure that’s a lighted intersection that gets you across to the east, to that north entrance of the hotel/conference center site.”

Additionally, preliminary estimates have more than 200,000 cubic yards of dirt on the grocery store and office pad sites, McKinnis said. Efforts are being coordinated to let the City of Edmond utilize the dirt for future road alignment and intersection improvements at Sooner and Covell, McKinnis said.

The widening of Sooner Road from the Covell intersection north to the bridge is estimated at $1.3 million, according to the city.

- See more at: Council changes Sooner land use for future grocery store » Local News » The Edmond Sun

i recently learned that this crest will move forward very very soon..

Bring it! We're ready!

Heard from a pretty reliable source today that Crest is finally moving forward with their store at Covell and Sooner. Fingers crossed!!!

Im sure the city of Edmond has done a great job at making this a delayed and pain in the butt process for Crest.

The city has pumped nearly $20 million of TIF into this area and about all they have to show after 5 years in additional development is McDonalds and a Starbucks.

Thread Information