Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Crest on Sooner and Covell

Default Re: Crest on Sooner and Covell?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Sure, unless smaller lots and denser housing is proposed next to bigger lots with bigger homes. Then even residential next to residential is bad. NIMBY comes from people of all walks of life, but theres no denying that parts of Edmond take it next level.
    I wasn't speaking about people being NIMBYs or anything else, or supporting or opposing development. I was responding to the comment about the "ridiculous promise" that was made by the developers about 24 hour operations. Period.

Crest now has a "coming soon" sign up at this location

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Crest now has a "coming soon" sign up at this location
    https://agenda.edmondok.com:8086/doc...7%2D2022%2Epdf

Goes before planning commission on 7th. As expected looks like clone of Yukon store

This arae is a bit of a step up from the Kickingbird Cinema and Homeland which used to serve this area.

After about 7 or 8 years and something like $17 million in TIF money given to the Showbiz and Hilton, Edmond finally has something else worthwhile coming to Covell and 35. But did I hear they were giving Crest a good sized TIF package now too?

Well look at that News 9 actually credits OKCTalk: https://www.news9.com/story/629d486d...oon-to-edmond-

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Well look at that News 9 actually credits OKCTalk: https://www.news9.com/story/629d486d...oon-to-edmond-
    Legally, they are still not allowed to lift our images and content without written approval.

Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Legally, they are still not allowed to lift our images and content without written approval.

Stay tuned.
    That has to be frustrating. You go out and do all this work to fly your drone, take the picture, and then do the graphics on the picture just to have them lift it.

Should be blessed by Edmond City Council on June 27th with construction beginning within 30 days. Depending on supply chain a 12-14 month construction timeline is what is expected. Crest # 9 which opened October 20' in Yukon was built in 10 months but everything fell perfectly on that store. Weather, materials, etc all cooperated.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Should be blessed by Edmond City Council on June 27th with construction beginning within 30 days. Depending on supply chain a 12-14 month construction timeline is what is expected. Crest # 9 which opened October 20' in Yukon was built in 10 months but everything fell perfectly on that store. Weather, materials, etc all cooperated.
    thank you for the update

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wonder what this place will turn into after the next twenty years. Throw in a bit of density and walkability and you might have a little something. It'll be like Buckhead to Atlanta, or maybe even Ft. Worth to Dallas if they play their cards right. But if they plan on being conservative, I guess it'll be like Chisolm Creek.

Those 4-lane roads have to be there for more than a few outlets and a movie theater.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    I wonder what this place will turn into after the next twenty years. Throw in a bit of density and walkability and you might have a little something. It'll be like Buckhead to Atlanta, or maybe even Ft. Worth to Dallas if they play their cards right. But if they plan on being conservative, I guess it'll be like Chisolm Creek.

Those 4-lane roads have to be there for more than a few outlets and a movie theater.
    just a note but Buckhead is part of Atlanta proper ..

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post

I'd like to think it is just the City of Edmond having a little better vision of growth and moving forward building infrastructure out where it needs to be for the next 40-50 years. Don't forget a 4th Edmond High School is planned at Covell & Midwest Blvd probably in the next 5 years 2-3 miles east of this intersection. All that area between I-35 east from 2nd Street to Waterloo will explode with neighborhoods the next 10-20 years.

If you have been in Edmond long enough, you remember what it looked like around Crest # 3 (15th & Sante Fe) back in 97' when it opened. There was basically nothing west of that intersection and now look at the density of homes/businesses on 15th Street/NW 164th west to May Avenue........Crazy growth

Ground breaking ceremony with City leaders is on August 30th.........

Ground breaking ceremony with City leaders is on August 30th.........
    good deal thanks

I'd like to think it is just the City of Edmond having a little better vision of growth and moving forward building infrastructure out where it needs to be for the next 40-50 years. Don't forget a 4th Edmond High School is planned at Covell & Midwest Blvd probably in the next 5 years 2-3 miles east of this intersection. All that area between I-35 east from 2nd Street to Waterloo will explode with neighborhoods the next 10-20 years.
    The fourth high school will be one mile to the east on the southeast corner of Covell and Air Depot. Across the street from the Fire Training Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    The fourth high school will be one mile to the east on the southeast corner of Covell and Air Depot. Across the street from the Fire Training Center.
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully that High School being built can accelerate some quality restaurants going in on those 4-5 plots north of the McDonalds and Braums just west of Covell and Sooner. Perhaps a Charleston's for a quality eatery in North Edmond so you an avoid driving to the southside or west side of Edmond which is a nightmare from a traffic perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I think that was the original plan but I think that is up in the air what kind of school they are going to build there. Their website says it is to be determined.

https://edmondschools.net/our-school...ming-projects/

Edmond is not wanting to build the 4th HS at this time due to numbers. The district does not want any of the HS's to drop below 6A and Memorial will if a new HS is built.

I think what will most likely happen is they will start building on the Covell and Air Depot site but use as a MS to give it time. The district has also purchased land at Covell and Westminster (4 miles to the east of the HS property) for a MS. Edmond has done this for both North and SF I believe. This also would allow the district to spread out the cost to build the HS over a couple bonds.

^

Edmond North started as a Mid-High (9th & 10th grades only) and was then upgraded to a high school in 1993.

Santa Fe was newly built as a high school in 1993.

It would make a lot of sense to follow a similar plan as North with the idea of turning it into a full high school when demand warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    Edmond is not wanting to build the 4th HS at this time due to numbers. The district does not want any of the HS's to drop below 6A and Memorial will if a new HS is built.
    Unless numbers have significantly dropped at Memorial, Edmond North, Santa Fe, and Memorial all have about the same average number of students between 2300-2500 students annually in regards to OSSAA Sports Classification.

http://www.ossaa.net/docs/2019-20/Fo...otball_ADM.pdf

If they do not plan on adding another high school, something will need to occur at the other three sites to address classroom sizes as the population of Edmond has basically doubled since 1993 when Santa Fe and North were added, and there are plenty of more people too in OKC City Limits, but Edmond School District.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Unless numbers have significantly dropped at Memorial, Edmond North, Santa Fe, and Memorial all have about the same average number of students between 2300-2500 students annually in regards to OSSAA Sports Classification.

http://www.ossaa.net/docs/2019-20/Fo...otball_ADM.pdf

If they do not plan on adding another high school, something will need to occur at the other three sites to address classroom sizes as the population of Edmond has basically doubled since 1993 when Santa Fe and North were added, and there are plenty of more people too in OKC City Limits, but Edmond School District.
    Look at what the Tulsa area high schools have. Then realize the Westside hasn't won a state football title in 3 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Look at what the Tulsa area high schools have. Then realize the Westside hasn't won a state football title in 3 decades.
    Edmond should just past a bond, call it "Children for Championships" to build one mega high school in the center of Edmond with 7500 students to rival the Tulsa districts that refuse to split!

Thread Information