Widgets Magazine

Thread: Kendall Thompson Transferring

Default Kendall Thompson Transferring

OU's Thompson Transferring - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

No word yet about where he will be going, but good luck to him.

2. Default Re: Kendall Thompson Transferring

Not really shocked. He's just the odd man out right now. Knight is the starter next year with Bell as back up.

Default Re: Kendall Thompson Transferring

Yeah…can't really be surprised, and it sucks that OU routinely has QBs who would at least get a chance to start at other schools who never really see the field in Crimson…but it's a problem you like to have...

Pretty much. I can see why the #2 QB is staying as Knight has been injured before,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Yeah…can't really be surprised, and it sucks that OU routinely has QBs who would at least get a chance to start at other schools who never really see the field in Crimson…but it's a problem you like to have...
    It is unfortunate that Thompson had to make this decision which concerns his best interests and we are fortunate to have this problem.

This will allow for some incoming freshmen to compete for the backup.

It's all about competing and competitiveness; being able to adapt to the situation is good for all.

It is a GOOD THING when your culls, are someone else's starters. (I realize we didn't "cull" Thompson. It's just a phrase I learned from Roy D. Mercer). I am perennially impressed, and often, pleasantly surprised, with the depth at OU. It's always a thrill to see the "new guy" turn out to be as good as, or better, than the one whose loss we're lamenting. Thompson will have no trouble establishing himself wherever he goes. Now, we get to see the next ace Bob's got up his sleeve.
    Hell, I remember saying "Oh great! Who is this Bradford kid? I hope he can quarterback!".
    BOOMER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    It is a GOOD THING when your culls, are someone else's starters. (I realize we didn't "cull" Thompson. It's just a phrase I learned from Roy D. Mercer). I am perennially impressed, and often, pleasantly surprised, with the depth at OU. It's always a thrill to see the "new guy" turn out to be as good as, or better, than the one whose loss we're lamenting. Thompson will have no trouble establishing himself wherever he goes. Now, we get to see the next ace Bob's got up his sleeve.
    Hell, I remember saying "Oh great! Who is this Bradford kid? I hope he can quarterback!".
    BOOMER!!!!
    Per the scouting guru's, Sam was only rated a 3 star recruit..... Ended up being the first pick in the NFL draft too.

In the time Stoops has been at OU both Bradford and T. Knight were at the time reported by OU coaches to be the best scout team QB's..... But according to Bob Stoops that distinction of the best scout team QB now belongs to OU QB Cody Thomas.
    We should get a decent idea of his athleticism soon as he is said to be an good baseball prospect.

Under Stoops OU is going to be able to recruit at least one very good QB prospect per year.

And Justice Hansen is already at OU as an early enrollee. I wonder if playing baseball all spring will hinder Cody Thomas' development.

It was announced this morning that KT is transferring to Utah.
    I wish him well.

Thread Information