Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Muse (formerly 700 West)

Default Re: 700 West

I've had my eye on this corner lot since I first saw it after moving here a few years ago. I've always envisioned a nice high rise development here, so it's kind of a disappointment. However, I'm glad it's getting developed and there will be one less vacant lot. I do like that it's going towards affordable housing!

The developer, Ron Bradshaw, provided an updated presentation today to the Economic Development Trust.

The images below just show the massing which has changed to add more units and a central parking structure. The precise design will be submitted later for consideration by the Downtown Design Review Committee.

Bradshaw said they hope to start work this August or September and the first units should be available for lease by 1st or 2nd quarter of 2022.

an allocation not to exceed $2,155,000, from the Increment
    District No. 2, City of Oklahoma City, Residential Development costs category
    established in the Amended and Restated Downtown/MAPS Economic Development
    Project Plan (“Project Plan”) for assistance in development financing in support of the
    700 West 4th Residential Project (“700 West Project”); and approving an allocation of
    an amount not to exceed $2,000,000 from the Oklahoma City Affordable Housing Funds
    allocated from the 2017 General Obligation-Limited Tax Bonds for the 700 West
    Project to be constructed on a tract of land currently owned by OCURA located at the
    southwest corner of Shartel Avenue and N.W. 4th Street, which project consists of the
    acquisition of the property and the investment of approximately $52,606,000 in the
    construction of 300 hundred apartment units with 72 apartment units being designated as
    Affordable Housing Units by the Developer, 700 West 4th, LLC, whose principal
    partner is Ronald Bradshaw. (TIF) (GOLT)

I approve of the increased density for more units and definitely approve of the structured parking, but what design theory are they going with here. Windowless soviet concrete block? Hopefully it's just a placeholder rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I approve of the increased density for more units and definitely approve of the structured parking, but what design theory are they going with here. Windowless soviet concrete block? Hopefully it's just a placeholder rendering.
    As I said, this just shows massing, not the final design.

That’s filling up an absolute monster hole. This will have a big impact to the NW side of downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As I said, this just shows massing, not the final design.
    Oh, sorry, I missed that.

Can't wait to see the final design! Not sure how different it will be from the previous style. Still hoping for more balconies throughout downtown haha!

Blog Entries

hopefully banquet can reopen after this goes in right across the street

9. Default Re: 700 West

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    hopefully banquet can reopen after this goes in right across the street
    I agree, I think they had a good model but it felt like they were out in the middle of nowhere at the time.

There looks to be fencing up around the lot now. Has that always been there?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    There looks to be fencing up around the lot now. Has that always been there?
    No, that's new.

They've been out there surveying and marking utilities.

Still waiting on the final design.

The OKC Urban Renewal Authority will vote today to approve the design for this project; fence is already up and my understanding is that want to start work ASAP:

Wow. I've got mixed feelings about that! I like the fact that another vacant lot is being taken up, but I wish the building was more visually appealing!

I agree...but sometimes the finished project looks better than the rendering. Hope this is the case.

No balconies..?

Looks nice enough to me, and I like the speed at which they are apparently starting. No coronavirus delays here, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    No balconies..?
    I've commented elsewhere before, but it's dumbfounding how many new apartments have either no balconies are just weak Juliet non-balconies.

They'll be getting $4.155 million in TIF funds.

Starting to gear up.

Full building permits should soon be issued.

Blog Entries

Strangely, the construction fence is gone

Is it still moving forward? Those last photos look like they were working on a sewer line, which could have been related to this project but hard to tell.

It looks sinfully ugly to me. I think this is the making of an eyesore that we will be grateful to see torn down someday.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Strangely, the construction fence is gone
    I assumed the fence was related to the summer riot/protests and not construction.

Blog Entries

they put the fence up when they started construction activities. There was heavy equipment and buried line flags.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    It looks sinfully ugly to me. I think this is the making of an eyesore that we will be grateful to see torn down someday.
    Yep, I’ll build something like this in that lot if I have the money to do whatever I want.

Thread Information