Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Muse (formerly 700 West)

Default Re: 700 West

That pool is going to be getting a depressing amount of sunshine.

Blog Entries

1) I can't really tell where the pool is going

2) Pete, can you update Post #1 with the current plans, the ones there are all old plans. I think the first appearance of them is Post 162.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    That pool is going to be getting a depressing amount of sunshine.
    This time of year, that might be a good thing. Every full sun pool I’ve been in this summer has felt like a hot tub.

Looks like this building will be called “The Muse”

https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/dev...ack=super_blog

Default Re: The Muse (formerly 700 West)

Default Re: Muse (formerly 700 West)

No pricing for the units is listed on their website.

Anyone seen pricing elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    This time of year, that might be a good thing. Every full sun pool I’ve been in this summer has felt like a hot tub.
    Why don't they put the pool on top of the parking garages? I have a condo in PV that has the pool on the roof and it's probably bigger than what they will build down in the atrium they created...

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post

That was the most annoying thing when I was apartment searching a few months ago. Usually it meant it out of my price range or should have been haha

12. Default Re: Muse (formerly 700 West)

Those courtyard spaces sure are narrow. I lived in LEVEL for a spell and I think the smaller of the two courtyards was at least 10' wider than those. It looks like there's going to be a window of about half-an-hour either side of high noon when you get sunlight on the ground in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post

My guess is somewhere around $2.25/sf. So a typical 2 bedroom around 1000 sf is in the low-mid $2000's/month depending on floor and views. Some of the larger 2 bedrooms likely pushing $3000/month

14. Default Re: Muse (formerly 700 West)

The crazy part about this development...I live in an apartment complex close by and they are updating a building that had fire damage. Muse was planned, built, and almost open before my place finished the update. They are scrambling to get it done before Muse is finished. Insane how fast they are able to create that place!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The facade will eventually look like this? I drove by a couple of times, and I always thought there would be another coat on top of those black/yellow coats.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    The facade will eventually look like this? I drove by a couple of times, and I always thought there would be another coat on top of those black/yellow coats.
    The black is the final facade.

The yellow portions will be covered in a white material like to the right of the black portion shown above.

im sorry but this is just so boring

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    The crazy part about this development...I live in an apartment complex close by and they are updating a building that had fire damage. Muse was planned, built, and almost open before my place finished the update. They are scrambling to get it done before Muse is finished. Insane how fast they are able to create that place!
    The Haven? I lived in one of the units that was affected. I was super disappointed to move out because I liked it a lot. It's insane to me that we're going two years since the fire this coming March. I was told the units won't even be ready until Feb. 2023. It was originally slated to be done May 2022. It's also crazy to me that they'll be charging an arm and leg for rent in the renovated units. If it weren't for the fire, I would have been going on year 8 there. Talk about taking advantage of a negative situation.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this property contains some affordable (rent-restricted) units. It is a fairly dull exterior but that's pretty standard for properties that contain affordable units. The proposed apartments across Shartel will likely feature better quality and beefed-up amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this property contains some affordable (rent-restricted) units. It is a fairly dull exterior but that's pretty standard for properties that contain affordable units. The proposed apartments across Shartel will likely feature better quality and beefed-up amenities.
    good designers can work within a tight budget. i understand not being able to afford brick or a more elevated material everywhere, but it's not that expensive to add a little bit of undulation or facade movement. this honestly just reads as lazy design.

those paying reduced rent deserve to live somewhere nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGuy View Post
    good designers can work within a tight budget. i understand not being able to afford brick or a more elevated material everywhere, but it's not that expensive to add a little bit of undulation or facade movement. this honestly just reads as lazy design.

those paying reduced rent deserve to live somewhere nice too.
    Could you show an example of what you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGuy View Post
    im sorry but this is just so boring
    I've been waiting for someone to say it first (because I didn't want to get all the rocks). Prime location, cheap design. It's better than a vacant land, but not so good for downtown 10 or 20 years from now, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Could you show an example of what you have in mind?
    You can find tons of better/smarter social housing projects developed by serious developers/architects here:

https://www.archdaily.com/search/pro...medium=filters

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    You can find tons of better/smarter social housing projects developed by serious developers/architects here:

https://www.archdaily.com/search/pro...medium=filters
    I’m aware but I do appreciate the link. Architecture has been my main focus since before time began. I am more interested in what SpaceGuy is describing, specifically their term “undulation” and “façade movements.” Those are fairly self-explanatory, I just wanted to get a better image for what they envisioned and how that might look on a spot like this.

Looks great - nothing extraordinary, but super stoked to see this part of town see some life.

+1 for density!

Thread Information