Widgets Magazine

Thread: Inexpensive Mattress Locally

Default Inexpensive Mattress Locally

I am in the market for an inexpensive mattress set. I paid $1500 for a higher end mattress 5 years ago. I still had back pain. I bought a $150 memory foam topper and that made it all go away. Well that 5 year old mattress has worn out springs creating a "valley" in the middle, warranty refuses to cover it saying it is "normal wear and tear" so for the next mattress I'm looking to go as cheap as possible and just put a foam topper on it, I figure this is the way to go.

I found this one on Sams Club site: 12" Night Therapy Euro Box Top Spring Mattress & Bed Frame Set - King - Sam's Club

I've been to a couple local mattress stores however have not found anything comparable to that sams club offering. It seems something comparable to that $400 low end sams club mattress retails for $800 in the local stores I've been too (Mattress Firm, Bob Mills, Mathis Brothers, Factory Direct).

I always prefer to buy locally when I can, but I just have not found a local mattress store which has offerings anywhere near Sams Club or other online stores in regards to pricing. If anyone has any recommendations on local mattress business that specialize in "cheap" mattress, I'm all for it.

2. Default Re: Inexpensive Mattress Locally

We've been looking at mattresses lately. There are cheaper places like BedMan on 65th & North may but the one you link to at Sam's looks better than what they have.

Default Re: Inexpensive Mattress Locally

Oklahoma Mattress Company - Home

Custom made for every customer.. Sounds expensive but they are not anymore than buying something off the shelf.

4. Default Re: Inexpensive Mattress Locally

We gets ours from Sam's and have been very happy. You can't beat the price. 'Cheap' local mattresses are often 'reconditioned' and that means it may have formerly been sitting in someone's yard for big garbage day (yuck).

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post

Custom made for every customer.. Sounds expensive but they are not anymore than buying something off the shelf.
    We got the latex mattress from them and LOVE IT. It wasn't expensive and they build it in multiple layers to suit your comfort level. They'll also adjust the layers if it turns out you ask for a different structure within a reasonable grace period (30 days? Don't remember). You don't have to flip this mattress and it doesn't sag. We thought about the memory foam but had heard they got hot. After doing a lot of research, we gave ourselves the latex mattress for an anniversary present, two years ago, and would do it, again, in a heart beat. We haven't noticed an iota of difference in the condition of our mattress in almost two years. Importantly, no backaches or difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. I used to wake up stiff on the old mattress but not this one.

When we were there, a couple came in who were both really obese. The young man was well over 300 pounds and they were needing to replace a high end regular mattress they'd bought less than a year before. The salesperson insisted the latex mattress would hold up just fine.

All our previous mattresses ended up with me rolling towards my husband's side of the bed because he is heavier but that hasn't happened with this one. This is a super comfortable mattress and don't let the term "latex" put you off. If you didn't tell me this was a latex mattress, it wouldn't even occur to me that it was anything other than a regular mattress. I wouldn't consider getting any other kind at this point.

Garin,
    I totally agree, I have one of their mattresses and have been very pleased. It's not on my bed, but on my guest bed and my son slept on it for a year and my late mother did for a while and they both thought it was very comfortable.
    C. T.

Yep be careful. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    We gets ours from Sam's and have been very happy. You can't beat the price. 'Cheap' local mattresses are often 'reconditioned' and that means it may have formerly been sitting in someone's yard for big garbage day (yuck).
    I did not know that and that creeps me right out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I did not know that and that creeps me right out!
    No way I'd buy a used or "reconditioned" mattress. Gross.

I'll throw in another vote for these guys. We bought 2 twins for our kids 4 years ago, and I think they are still the most comfortable mattresses in our house. The very picky In-laws recently bought a latex mattress and have loved it.

I bought mine from OMC several years ago and I've been very happy with my purchase. Reasonably priced in my opinion.

Can anyone who has a latex mattress from OMC give an idea on a price range? We will be buying a new mattress in the next couple of months, and we might have to look into these.

500 and up

500 and up
    I'd have to look it up but that sounds about right. If memory serves, we paid about 1100 for a queen sized. But that is just a ball park.

The best bed store I've ever been in and is Christian-owned is Dream Center at 36th and Portland (or something like that). I bought my last mattress there about 8 years ago and its still kicking.

Jbkrems,
    Isn't it "Dreamland"? I have purchased two items there and they are good folks.
    C. T

Yes, Dreamland is it. I could not think of the actual name, but that is them. Best deals in town for beds/mattresses and good solid Christian family run business, too.

Thread Information