Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
What's frustrating from a planning stand point is the area around Showbiz has been cleared for out parcels of retail. A whole area of well developed trees south of Covell and west of Sooner are going away it would appear for this development.

Also, the preliminary plat for this strip center has 5 separate entrances to Covell and Sooner, one of those being the stoplight entrance at Fairfax, this seems overkill and congestion prone. I'm sure the residents of Augusta Farms are just thrilled about this development bumping up to their backyard when there is ample space at Showbiz and even across the street on the east side of Sooner next to Braums and the other retail.

Yes, I know each area of land is owned by a different developer, but this just seems like odd placement given the other options in the area.
I completely agree. The area in front and surrounding Showbiz should be full of retail, restaurants, niche buildings like gymnastics, dancing, an Edmond version of Score OKC, Apartments and offices above retail stores could all go in this area and absolutely kill it but it will take the developers working with investors to make it happen. There is a TON of land in the area beyond all that is already platted. Between this area, and the surrounding areas this could truly be a lifestyle center that would attract shoppers from as far away as Stillwater and have constant use from Edmond, Arcadia, Jones, Luther, Guthrie and beyond.