Widgets Magazine

Thread: OSU Construction Projects Planned Or Under Way

Default Re: OSU Construction Projects Planned Or Under Way

I was in Stillwater for the basketball game last week where Michael Cobbins re-injured his Achilles. It looked like the new residence hall on HOF had broken ground and the new tennis facility is almost finished. It looks good for being done on the cheap and extends the campus further up Washington.

Across the street it looks like the Islamic Center has finished a nice little building project. Further up the street the new elementary school looks interesting, but nothing like rendered (and kind of a let-down). For some reason I thought the colorful, curved panels covering the facade would be translucent. The finished project looks like a crayon jail, instead.

OSU Commons
    Bert Cooper Engineering Lab

Those are the other two that come to mind, we've got some customers doing work all up there on infrastructure for these jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Further up the street the new elementary school looks interesting, but nothing like rendered (and kind of a let-down). For some reason I thought the colorful, curved panels covering the facade would be translucent. The finished project looks like a crayon jail, instead.
    Was the old Will Rogers school cleared off when you saw the new?

In the process of being cleared off

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    OSU Commons
    Bert Cooper Engineering Lab

Those are the other two that come to mind, we've got some customers doing work all up there on infrastructure for these jobs.
    Here are a couple of pictures showing current construction in progress on University Commons as of 8/26/14. The left picture shows roof framework being lowered from a crane. University Commons, located just off W. Hall of Fame Ave, will replace the twin 12 story Kerr-Drummond towers. Like what happened to Willham N & S, they will likely be leveled next summer. University Commons | OSU Residential Life

universitycommons.jpguniversitycommns2w.jpg

Web cam of Bert Cooper Engineering Lab: http://www.earthcam.net/projects/lippertbros/?cam=live

http://www.lippertbros.com/completed...ng-laboratory/

The Atherton Hotel is going under major renovations.

All of this construction is nice, but if OSU doesn't address the resident parking shortage, no one will want to live on-campus. As it is, many of the dorm residents have to park over a mile from their dorm. RIdiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    All of this construction is nice, but if OSU doesn't address the resident parking shortage, no one will want to live on-campus. As it is, many of the dorm residents have to park over a mile from their dorm. RIdiculous.
    Then Kerr-Drummond after being demolished might as well be made into a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown puncher View Post
    The Atherton Hotel is going under major renovations.
    Cool. When it's open, people from out of town can once again party hardy until closing time on the strip and walk across the street to check in.

OSU's new performing arts center is expected to start construction next year. It will cost $50,000,000. So hopefully, OSU will finally have something bigger and better for an auditorium than what Stillwater High School has.

OSU music department to receive new home - ocolly.com : News

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Then Kerr-Drummond after being demolished might as well be made into a parking lot.
    Should be a parking garage from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Yes. Being forced to walk on a college campus is absolutely absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    a mile though?

BTW, I walk 7+ miles a day just on a routine walk I take and I will be the first to say I think a mile is a bit much to "force" on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    a mile though?

BTW, I walk 7+ miles a day just on a routine walk I take and I will be the first to say I think a mile is a bit much to "force" on people.
    I don't, especially considering how little students actually drive. I would be interested to see the stats, but I would guess the majority of on campus students drive twice a week to run errands, otherwise their car stays put.

Well, what about unloading groceries and such? I suppose you could just park you car in front of the building and have a security guard watch it or something, but if you're just parking your car to go home for the night?

That's a cool idea.

19. Default Re: OSU Construction Projects Planned Or Under Way

Glad they are finally looking at some new facilities for music. They've been crammed into that hole for far too long. Wish UCO would do the same.

I'm never a fan of apartment/condo living on campus cause I think it's a waste of space, but whatever.

20. Default Re: OSU Construction Projects Planned Or Under Way

Campus condos were strongly considered for the top floor of Headington Hall at OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    OSU's new performing arts center is expected to start construction next year. It will cost $50,000,000. So hopefully, OSU will finally have something bigger and better for an auditorium than what Stillwater High School has.

OSU music department to receive new home - ocolly.com : News
    The new performing arts center will include an outdoor amphitheater with seating for 1,000 spectators and a 1,000 square foot video screen.

Oklahoma State University announces plan for $60 million performing arts center - Stillwater News Press: News

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    People drive on osu's campus? The sucker has more one way, blocked, restricted access streets then anywhere else in the state. It's always quicker to just walk or bike.

Thread Information