Widgets Magazine
Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 216667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1938

Thread: Dallas

Default Re: Dallas

Eastside/Downtown 42-story Tower

Proposed 2-tower complex in east DT Dallas at the corner of North Pearl and Elm near Interstate 345.The complex would include a combination of uses in two towers. The buildings would have about 200,000 square feet of offices, 250 hotel rooms and 224 apartments. There would be ground-floor retail space, too.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...WN5VfZVNJkE0KY

19F3AF3C-9381-466D-A8DB-88ABDBE133A8.jpeg

That Tom Thumb with Starbucks on the 1st level of those apartments on Live Oak st is so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    That Tom Thumb with Starbucks on the 1st level of those apartments on Live Oak st is so cool.
    When we were in Dallas we went to the Tom Thumb also with Starbucks on the 1st level of The Christopher high rise. I think at Field St? Pretty cool

Another HQ Relo to DFW from LA/Cali

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...elocation.html

Multinational infrastructure consulting firm AECOM — a driving force behind projects including high-speed rail and the proposed hyperloop in Texas — will relocate its global headquarters to Dallas from Los Angeles in the latest Fortune 500 leap to the Lone Star State.

AECOM CEO Troy Rudd and select corporate leaders will join more than 1,200 AECOM professionals based at the company’s existing Dallas office at 13355 Noel Road, Suite 400, and other offices across Texas, according to a news release from the company.

The engineering giant has 47,000 employees worldwide and its professional services business had revenue of $13.2 billion in 2020...

Between Dallas and Ft. Worth OKC's getting left in the dust when it comes to corporate relocations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Between Dallas and Ft. Worth OKC's getting left in the dust when it comes to corporate relocations.
    Who has Fort Worth gotten, exactly? That's right, no one. But you do realize there are 2x as many people in DFW than in the entire state of Oklahoma, right? Comparing a pool to an ocean.

[QUOTE=chssooner;1177723]Who has Fort Worth gotten, What does this have to do with landing a Fortune 500 company? It has nothing to do with the size of a city. Dallas Fort Worth is just way more aggressive in landing these coveted HQ's. Way better business climate in Texas, no State Income Taxes plus higher educated people. As much as I want Oklahoma to succeed especially OKC, I just do not see it happening on a Dallas level. I am a native of OKC, however to me, it is still a big old overgrown cowtown.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Who has Fort Worth gotten, exactly? That's right, no one. But you do realize there are 2x as many people in DFW than in the entire state of Oklahoma, right? Comparing a pool to an ocean.
    Dude why is this stupid sh!t always said in response to OKC getting left in the dust? There are other steps the state can take to position us to become more attractive before the OKC metro population exceeds 7 million people.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Dude why is this stupid sh!t always said in response to OKC getting left in the dust? There are other steps the state can take to position us to become more attractive before the OKC metro population exceeds 7 million people.
    OKC gets plenty of business relations and operations here. But getting the DFW-types of relocations takes many things OKC well never have, like a major international airport that is a global hub (if you truly believe OKC can get close to that, I will not debate further). That is one of the biggest reasons they go to Dallas. That and infinite money to throw at them for moving here. Oklahoma will never have that kind of money. Ever. No matter what you tell yourself or how many ad hominems you spew.

OKC fights above its weight class, though. And is getting far more diversified, both socially and economically. Oklahoma lowered income tax rates for everyone, as well as for corporations. Not sure what else they can do. They threw an extra 5% to 7% at education. Not saying they are perfect, but just wondering what you think they can do to fight DFW for these companies.

As much as I would like to see a big corporate relocation to Oklahoma City, I'd almost prefer that we work on fostering more home grown businesses and encouraging small corporate entities to move here. Move here, or be born here, and grow here.

OKC gets plenty of business relations and operations here. But getting the DFW-types of relocations takes many things OKC well never have, like a major international airport that is a global hub (if you truly believe OKC can get close to that, I will not debate further). That is one of the biggest reasons they go to Dallas. That and infinite money to throw at them for moving here. Oklahoma will never have that kind of money. Ever. No matter what you tell yourself or how many ad hominems you spew.

OKC fights above its weight class, though. And is getting far more diversified, both socially and economically. Oklahoma lowered income tax rates for everyone, as well as for corporations. Not sure what else they can do. They threw an extra 5% to 7% at education. Not saying they are perfect, but just wondering what you think they can do to fight DFW for these companies.
    No one “spewed any ad hominems” stop victimizing yourself. I didn’t say anything about you. I said what you said is stupid and repeated multiple times. You’re now shifting the goalposts here and I’m not going further engage in this with you. Now it’s about the airport and having more people with money. At first it was only they just twice the amount of people Oklahoma has which is always thrown around as if the conversation ends there.

OKC will get a big corporate relocation at some point and I’d bet it’s in this decade.

No one “spewed any ad hominems” stop victimizing yourself. I didn’t say anything about you. I said what you said is stupid and repeated multiple times. You’re now shifting the goalposts here and I’m not going further engage in this with you. Now it’s about the airport and having more people with money. At first it was only they just twice the amount of people Oklahoma has which is always thrown around as if the conversation ends there.

OKC will get a big corporate relocation at some point and I’d bet it’s in this decade.
    Well, they go hand in hand (people in an area to airport size, for the most part). I am honestly curious what you think Oklahoma can do to get one of those relocations. Is it simply you don't think they try to get them, conceding defeat to DFW or Texas as a whole? I don't know what OK can offer that the state to the south can't, or can't offer more of.

Yeah I expected an over simplified answer from you like that. I’m done with this conversation. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the advantages Dallas has.

Recent announcements for Fort Worth, not as loud as Dallas or Collin County:

Oatly https://dallasinnovates.com/oatly-ch...milk-facility/

Schumacher Electric Corp https://dallasinnovates.com/everythi...nd-its-vision/

EJ Lauren https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...ort-worth.html

Rhino Health https://fortworthbusiness.com/busine...in-fort-worth/

Pregis https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...-into-dfw.html

Wall Street giant is looking at Hunt Realty’s massive Field Street mixed-use project in DT Dallas and will hire additional 4k workers, real estate brokers say.

“Goldman Sachs is zeroing in on Hunt Realty Investments’ planned Field Street mixed-use development on the northwest side of downtown as a location for up to 6,000 workers, according to several sources familiar with the deal who didn’t want to be identified because the information remains private.
    Hunt Realty just got city approvals to build Field Street, a more than 3 million-square-foot mixed-use project on a block that’s now occupied by the Northend Apartments.
    The development with towers of 80 stories or more would include a 1.5-acre central park along with offices, retail, residences and hotels.”

43E7DDA6-7C0B-4BB7-B696-56A4B37975FA.jpeg

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...wntown-dallas/

Wow

Urby's 27-story high-rise residential under construction in Dallas' Design District

Across from the Virgin Hotel, going up fast
    http://https://www.dallasnews.com/bu...istrict-tower/

Developers have broken ground on the first of three planned high-rises in Dallas’ Design District. New Jersey-based Urby is building the 27-story residential tower on Hi Line Drive just west of Stemmons Freeway. The building will have 383 luxury rental units when it opens in two years.
    urby-dallas-overall-view-01-concrete.jpg

27 story residential tower in downtown Ft Worth coming:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...tal-high-rise/

SLC Fort Worth Project_2.jpeg

Nice!

somewhat off topic on this thread, but let's talk about the return of international travel. And down south at DFW International Airport, I found some big news happening. New destinations and changes just in case y'all want to go to Istanbul or Helsinki, to name a few.

Turkish Airlines nonstop to Istanbul from DFW on the 787-9, started last September
    Iberia nonstop to Madrid on the A330, will compliment AA's flight to MAD, begins on April 22,2022
    Finnair nonstop to Helsinki on the A350, commences on February 7,2022
    Air France will resume nonstop to Paris CDG on March 27,2022 on the 787-9
    Qantas will resume nonstop to Sydney on February 7,2022 on the 787-9 (not the A380)
    British Airways will up gauge their London LHR flight to the A380 on March 22,2022
    American will start new service to Auckland on January 4,2022 and to Tel Aviv on March 5,2022

21. Default Re: Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    somewhat off topic on this thread, but let's talk about the return of international travel. And down south at DFW International Airport, I found some big news happening. New destinations and changes just in case y'all want to go to Istanbul or Helsinki, to name a few.

Turkish Airlines nonstop to Istanbul from DFW on the 787-9, started last September
    Iberia nonstop to Madrid on the A330, will compliment AA's flight to MAD, begins on April 22,2022
    Finnair nonstop to Helsinki on the A350, commences on February 7,2022
    Air France will resume nonstop to Paris CDG on March 27,2022 on the 787-9
    Qantas will resume nonstop to Sydney on February 7,2022 on the 787-9 (not the A380)
    British Airways will up gauge their London LHR flight to the A380 on March 22,2022
    American will start new service to Auckland on January 4,2022 and to Tel Aviv on March 5,2022
    I would love to try Finnair to Helsinki. I have heard that they are a huge carrier from Europe to Asia because they have a geographic advantage there in northern Europe that makes flights to the Far East shorter than from other cities in Europe. It is pretty cool that we have such a major international air gateway just three hours away by or a VERY short connection flight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I would love to try Finnair to Helsinki. I have heard that they are a huge carrier from Europe to Asia because they have a geographic advantage there in northern Europe that makes flights to the Far East shorter than from other cities in Europe. It is pretty cool that we have such a major international air gateway just three hours away by or a VERY short connection flight away.
    Same here. My best friend lives in Helsinki and I haven’t seen him in a decade. Plus throw in the aurora borealis and this route looks like it’s in my near future

Texas Instruments Chooses Sherman for New $30B Semiconductor Chip Site

At full build-out, the 4.7 million-square-foot semiconductor fabrication plant will be the largest electronics production facility in Texas and among the largest manufacturing plants of any kind in the U.S.

Dallas-based global semiconductor company Texas Instruments announced today that it plans to build up to four new manufacturing plants in Sherman. Construction of the first two is expected to begin next year.

The 300-millimeter semiconductor wafer fabrication plants—or fabs—could result in a potential $30 billion investment from TI. They could also support as many as 3,000 jobs once complete.

Sherman leadership said that the semiconductor fabrication plant will encompass 4.7 million square feet and at full build-out will be the largest electronics production facility in Texas. It will also be among the largest manufacturing plants of any kind in the U.S.

https://dallasinnovates.com/texas-in...tor-chip-site/

Right on the heels of Samsung's chip plant to be built in Taylor County near Austin, Sherman and Grayson County, Texas was chosen by Texas Instruments as the site of its future plants. Sherman is 45 minutes north of Dallas and 30+ minutes from Durant!

The leader ship in the state is pathetic I can’t believe we can’t even land one of these things

The leader ship in the state is pathetic I can’t believe we can’t even land one of these things
    I shouldn't justify your asinine comparison, but I will. Texas has more money than God. That is why they can get these. Oklahoma will never be able to compete. If Texas wants a factory, and is competing with Oklahoma, there is not a damn thing Oklahoma can offer than Texas can't beat. And it isn't like Texas has a major educational advantage. Just a human capital and money advantage. Oklahoma can't offer no income tax, since getting the appropriate offsetting property tax increase won't pass here. They can't offer the tax breaks, because they don't have the ability to recover from them. Or they give them to fledgling EV companies with no proof they will work. Yes, this state has its problems. But this isn't a problem the legislators can fix. You'll disagree since you're always the smartest person in the room. But facts are facts, and contrary to popular belief, size matters.

Thread Information