Widgets Magazine
Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1938

Thread: Dallas

Default Re: Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    NORTH AMERICA'S SECOND PEPPA PIG THEME PARK TO OPEN IN NORTH TEXAS IN 2024

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301764894.html

Who or what is Peppa Pig. Anyway, another theme park for North Texas, this one will be in North Richland Hills north of Fort Worth.

Attachment 17925
    Opening this park in the state obsessed with BBQ is just asking for trouble

Lol!!!

High-tech gondolas could be coming to a North Texas city
    DALLAS — Anyone wanting more public transportation options around DFW may have something to look forward to as cities will soon begin discussing the possible implementation of Google-developed high-tech gondolas in congested areas around the metroplex. While developed by a team at Google in 2019, that team left and commercialized their creation under the company Swyft Cities.
    https://www.wfaa.com/article/tech/hi...a-6e0c5f4fa3bc

Money management firm Fisher Investments will be moving their HQ to Plano, Texas from Washington State. This is a multibillion dollar company. This is a major corporate relocation! Texas continues to attract high paying jobs with an increasing educated workforce!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Money management firm Fisher Investments will be moving their HQ to Plano, Texas from Washington State. This is a multibillion dollar company. This is a major corporate relocation! Texas continues to attract high paying jobs with an increasing educated workforce!
    Or lower taxes. Read the article about why before posting this. See what Washington state did with their capital gains to push them out. Not because of some super educated workforce (they don't have that, I wish people would quit showing their butt with this myth).

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ving-to-texas/

Just deal with it. Texas can attract big business, where Oklahoma miserably fails! Regardless, they moved to Texas which is way more business friendly than Oklahoma. Are you that butt-hurt? Geez.

Just deal with it. Texas can attract big business, where Oklahoma miserably fails! Regardless, they moved to Texas which is way more business friendly than Oklahoma. Are you that butt-hurt? Geez.
    No. I am not disagreeing that they can attract business. But saying it is due to them being super liberal or super educated is a fallacy, and isn't fair. I am not excusing Oklahoma, by any means. Just wanting the full picture shown.

Bash away, BOY. Those same business-friendly ways would be bashed by liberals and progressives everywhere (except you, for some reason). Those tax breaks hurt the less fortunate who need help and other services in Texas, yet have to pay extra in property taxes to support these businesses moving in.

Oh, and there is no anchor tied to your butt keeping you in Oklahoma.

What in the world is this? It reads like something you’d find from a troll account in the hidden replies underneath a Reuters post on Twitter.

And lots of mansion owners are selling due to the mansion tax in LA

Texas Metro Areas Population

Metropolitan Area 2021-2022
    Dallas/Fort Worth: 7,943,685 | +170,396 (+2.19%)
    Greater Houston: 7,340,118 | +124,281 (+1.72%)
    San Antonio-New Braunfels: 2,655,342 | +50,411 (+1.94%)
    Austin-Round Rock: 2,421,115 | +62,985 (+2.67%)
    McAllen-Edinburg: 888,367 | +7,734 (+0.88%)
    El Paso Metro: 872,195 | +820 (+0.09%)

^

Something often missed when discussing the booming population in Texas is that all those cities (except El Paso) are east --- and most well east -- of the geographic center of the state which is about the same longitude as Elk City.

^^^ not trying to be snippy here but is there a point to that or are you just pointing out a geographical fact? Because El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston and I’ve always found that fascinating.

..... or maybe a little less fascinating is that between Jan-Mar 2023 maybe DFW gained 57,000 new residents to make them go past 8 million!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^ not trying to be snippy here but is there a point to that or are you just pointing out a geographical fact? Because El Paso is closer to San Diego than it is to Houston and I’ve always found that fascinating.
    Just trying to say it's not the whole state of Texas that is quickly growing; more like the Eastern 1/3rd and I don't think I've ever seen anyone make that observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just trying to say it's not the whole state of Texas that is quickly growing; more like the Eastern 1/3rd and I don't think I've ever seen anyone make that observation.
    geographic center of texas is about 120 west of Waco ..

It’s called the Texas Triangle which encompasses DFW- Austin- San Antonio- Houston and everything in between (Waco, College Station, etc) which is loosely I-35 >I-10>I-45. This megaregion has a population of 21 million per Wiki out of Texas’ 30 million

DFW Airport is World's 2nd Busiest in 2022 by Passenger Volume

73.4 million passengers; 657,000 aircraft movements

Holding their positions from 2021, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL, 93.7 million passengers, +23.8%) is at the top of the 2022 rankings, followed by Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW, 73.4 million passengers, +17.5%), Denver Airport (DEN, 69.3 million passengers, +17.8%), and Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD, 68.3 million passengers, +26.5%).

https://aci.aero/2023/04/05/internat...orld-revealed/

Tails.jpg

FWoIKzSXEAAiB_6.jpeg

Untitled-design-2019-06-18T095520.250.jpg

An urban development blog Urbanized has now followed Dallas opening a new website following projects there: https://dallas.urbanize.city/

If you ever stay at the resorts in Grapevine just north of DFW and have a high floor window view to the north from your hotel room, it is hypnotizing to watch the AA planes in all shapes and sizes come in, about every 30--60 seconds, for landing to DFW, along with a handful of giant international flights landing.

DFW lands another corporate HQ's with Kelly-Moore paints moving to the Lone Star State from California. Another win for DFW!

Nothing new, same o, same o. This is expected with metro area that size. Developments like this aren't exciting anymore.

Also did you even read the article or just the headlines? We are talking about 30 full-times jobs, lol. Hardly news to even post about. At some point, people need to quit reaching....smh.

I’m going to put this in here. I don’t want to start a new thread for Sherman. Sherman Tx to get
    global tech company 1,500 jobs created.
    https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gove...ion-in-sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I’m going to put this in here. I don’t want to start a new thread for Sherman. Sherman Tx to get
    global tech company 1,500 jobs created.
    https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gove...ion-in-sherman
    That news is from last June, but regardless, one step closer to continuous sprawl between Dallas and Durant lol

Yes, this is old news.

Thread Information