Widgets Magazine
Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2368697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1938

Thread: Dallas

Default Re: Dallas

This will be Frisco's 2nd Omni Hotel. I've lost count how many N. Texas has.

2. Default Re: Dallas

I can’t wait until OKC is at the north edge of the Dallas metro and we start REALLY getting the cool stuff

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I can’t wait until OKC is at the north edge of the Dallas metro and we start REALLY getting the cool stuff
    Haha! Can’t wait!

New Mixed-Use Firefly Park Coming to Frisco
    Dream Hotel will make its North Texas debut as the just-announced anchor tenant of the 230-acre development.

Firefly-Park-Exterior-Rendering.jpg

https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial...ing-to-frisco/

Dream Hotel Group is expanding into Texas with a new property in Frisco, at the southwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and U.S. Highway 380.

The 200-key hotel, which is scheduled to break ground in 2023 and open its doors in 2026, will anchor the new mixed-use development Firefly Park. The landmark project calls for 4.75 million square feet of office space, 2,200 residential units (including luxury mid- and high-rise apartments and townhomes), and 380,000 square feet of planned retail space. The project is also set to include a music hall and an outdoor amphitheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    New Mixed-Use Firefly Park Coming to Frisco
    Dream Hotel will make its North Texas debut as the just-announced anchor tenant of the 230-acre development.

Firefly-Park-Exterior-Rendering.jpg

https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial...ing-to-frisco/

Dream Hotel Group is expanding into Texas with a new property in Frisco, at the southwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and U.S. Highway 380.

The 200-key hotel, which is scheduled to break ground in 2023 and open its doors in 2026, will anchor the new mixed-use development Firefly Park. The landmark project calls for 4.75 million square feet of office space, 2,200 residential units (including luxury mid- and high-rise apartments and townhomes), and 380,000 square feet of planned retail space. The project is also set to include a music hall and an outdoor amphitheater.
    I wonder if people in Dallas and surrounding areas get as frustrated when projects like this are announced, and don't move for well over a year. Very, VERY similar to the U-Haul lot here.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I wonder if people in Dallas and surrounding areas get as frustrated when projects like this are announced, and don't move for well over a year. Very, VERY similar to the U-Haul lot here.
    That's a really cool looking project with the unique looking buildings. I have to say I've given up hope for the Dream Hotel project at the U-Haul lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    That's a really cool looking project with the unique looking buildings. I have to say I've given up hope for the Dream Hotel project at the U-Haul lot.
    That project is behind the U-haul lot, in terms of on the timeline.

8. Default Re: Dallas

The project at the U-Haul lot is a real project. Don’t give up hope. That’s not a guarantee, but what I CAN guarantee is that the project is very real.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The project at the U-Haul lot is a real project. Don’t give up hope. That’s not a guarantee, but what I CAN guarantee is that the project is very real.
    https://www.dreamhotels.com/destinations

if you scroll down on this page, Dream listed a bunch 0f future hotels including Dallas, San Antone and OKC!

Speculation That Wells Fargo Might Move HQ to Irving,TX from the Bay Area?

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...-bank-s-h.html
    https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/co...HR6XE4LABXUSI/
    This talk from last year about Project Falcon and now this:

Developers are seeking approval for a huge Irving mixed-use development that could house thousands of workers plus apartments, a hotel retail and restaurants.

"Dallas developer KDC and architect GFF have filed for zoning changes in Irving to build the project called North Shore. The more than 30-acre site at Las Colinas Boulevard and Promenade Parkway is the largest vacant development tract in the Las Colinas Urban Center.

Since last summer, Irving officials have been working to land Project Falcon — the code name for Wells Fargo’s North Texas office search.

Real estate brokers have identified the North Shore site as the bank’s top choice for a new Dallas-Fort Worth office center.

Development plans from KDC show a large area of the property would be used for a “build-to-suit office tenant.” Another section of the land along Las Colinas Boulevard would have more than a half dozen office, retail, hotel and restaurant buildings served by a large parking deck."

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...-fargo-campus/

Trendy Knox-Henderson neighborhood will get a 4-acre mixed use development

Dallas developer Trammell Crow Co. is working in partnership with Austin billionaire Michael Dell’s investment firm to build several high-rises on Knox Street just east of Highland Park.

The 4-acre project will include luxury residential units, a boutique hotel, retail, offices and a new park.

The tallest building on Travis Street would be about 18 floors and will include both a boutique hotel and luxury condominiums.

Two other buildings in the project would include more residential space, offices and retail on the lower floors.

Hotelier Auberge Resorts Collection will manage the planned 100-room hotel

EABEFPJC7ZHTFODYXWIQ56GSTI.jpg

WPLSSXHN6BBOJKS2KULKNM4CC4.jpg

Wow where are they going to find 4 acres that haven't already been developed in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Wow where are they going to find 4 acres that haven't already been developed in that area.
    Apparently this area?
    328B2200-902B-4CE9-AA4A-A1CA43C93AEC.jpeg

That wild. Those are narrow streets but who needs a car? there's a Trader Joes a block over on the first floor of an apartment building.

Goldman Sachs’ office tower near downtown Dallas will be the largest in a generation.Planned high-rise would house thousands of workers for New York-based financial firm.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...-a-generation/

8F1255F0-7294-4429-9B03-E2DA70DD494F.jpeg

Estimated to cost almost a half billion dollars, Goldman Sachs’ tower planned just north of downtown Dallas will be the largest and most expensive such project in decades.

The Wall Street firm already has almost 4,000 employees in North Texas, including in the Trammell Crow Center in downtown Dallas and Galatyn Commons in Richardson.

8004EDC3-5232-4AE8-9E72-31A1446CB7B5.jpeg

Goldman Sachs anticipates leasing a minimum of 800,000 square feet of office space in a newly constructed office building on Field Street north of downtown, according to documents filed with the city.

The massive project is planned to include offices with as many as 80 floors plus residential and hotel towers and retail space just north of Woodall Rodgers Freeway.

The Goldman Sachs office would cost more than $480 million, according to the filings with the city. That would make it the most costly real estate project in central Dallas in decades.

Was Goldman Sachs linked to this development from the beginning? I know minimal details about it but being mildly familiar with the area, I’ve grown fond of the idea of what it could add to the surroundings. I just don’t recall seeing Goldman’s name being attached to it in any way before now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Was Goldman Sachs linked to this development from the beginning? I know minimal details about it but being mildly familiar with the area, I’ve grown fond of the idea of what it could add to the surroundings. I just don’t recall seeing Goldman’s name being attached to it in any way before now.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...wntown-dallas/

So it looks like Goldman Sachs zeroed in on this development last year in August. According the the DMN article, GS will bring 6,000 employees to the new tower. Incidentally, plans with the Dallas City Hall called for 4 towers, with 83- , 52-, 48-, 38-stories. The tower GS is allegedly moving to is the supposed 83-story building.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...ea-11655224397

Another win for the Metroplex and Texas

“Caterpillar Inc. said Tuesday it will move its global headquarters from Illinois to an existing divisional office in Irving, Texas, in the Dallas–Forth Worth area, in another blow to metropolitan Chicago, which last month lost the Boeing Co. headquarters.

The move is “in the best strategic interest of the company,” Chief Executive Jim Umpleby said in a statement. The heavy-machinery maker has had a presence in Texas since the 1960s, it said.”

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...ea-11655224397

Another win for the Metroplex and Texas

“Caterpillar Inc. said Tuesday it will move its global headquarters from Illinois to an existing divisional office in Irving, Texas, in the Dallas–Forth Worth area, in another blow to metropolitan Chicago, which last month lost the Boeing Co. headquarters.

The move is “in the best strategic interest of the company,” Chief Executive Jim Umpleby said in a statement. The heavy-machinery maker has had a presence in Texas since the 1960s, it said.”
    Another big catch, however, along with it, more traffic, infrastructure issues, high cost of living. If this growth continues, you will see California prices including housing.

Atlanta developer plans 2023 start of three-tower downtown Dallas project

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...allas-project/

3B144F1E-8896-4781-AA1F-8EDC64DA8A21.jpg

“ Atlanta-based developer Portman Holdings is pushing ahead with plans for a three-tower mixed-use development on the northeast edge of downtown Dallas.

In December, Portman purchased more than 4 acres at Ross Avenue and Routh Street and disclosed plans to build a multifamily residential, retail and office high-rise project.

Portman says in an update that the anchor tower in its 2500 Ross project will have 50 stories of office and luxury residential along with 40,000 square feet of retail. Two additional residential towers with 700 living units are also planned.”

Since this has a start date maybe it’ll happen?

My goodness, does it ever end? Just want OKC to get in on some of this...geez.

Every time a Headquarters announces they're relocating to Dallas it justifies this kind of development. Gotta land the big fish to stuff like this. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    another render @ night if this project happens-- a lot of talk has been circulating in Dallas that the main tower will be 83-stories high with residential and hotel?

Hunt.Dallas.NIGHT.jpg

DFW wins the 2026 World Cup at AT&T Stadium! Big catch for the metroplex!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    DFW wins the 2026 World Cup at AT&T Stadium! Big catch for the metroplex!
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/world-c...214301806.html

"The top two candidates to host the final, according to a source familiar with the planning process, are MetLife Stadium in North Jersey and AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas."

This will be huge if the final game takes place at the AT&T Stadium!

Thread Information