Widgets Magazine

Thread: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Default Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Looking for appliance repair that will work on and LG refrigerator.

I've called several places, but when I tell them the fridge is LG, they say they do not service LG.
    Any idea what's up with that?

Anyway, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Few years ago, I had a Haier fridge, would call the service number and they sent out the local repair guy...

local repair guy would come out and mess with it, but said they didn't think they would agree to service any more of that brand...

maybe they need more kickbacks?

3. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Google the model # and problem...then fix it yourself.

I've had great luck doing that. Usually don't need anything more than a couple of sockets and a screwdriver...and you can also find videos of the repair on YouTube most of the time too...

Try wade's in Moore.

5. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post

I've had great luck doing that. Usually don't need anything more than a couple of sockets and a screwdriver...and you can also find videos of the repair on YouTube most of the time too...
    I have also done the same thing on several occasions. You would be surprised how many problems can be easily repaired yourself. What is wrong with it anyway?

6. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Tom's A Better Repair Service
    1933 Metlock Lane
    Moore, OK 73160
    405-794-2959
    405-793-1819

Authorized LG service rep. Did work for my LG appliances.

Honest. Fair price. Conscientious.

+1
    And you can more then likely find whatever part/s you need at Greer on about 65th and N Classen.

8. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Exactly. Just repaired a display module on my range. Only needed a 1/4" nut driver and a #2 phillips screwdriver. Took me longer than it should, but I was learning how to disassemble it as I went. Reassembly was much quicker. Part cost me $85 instead of the $200+ I was quoted to have someone do it for me. I got my parts from Easy Appliance Parts . Even with shipping, it was quite a bit cheaper here than getting it locally (Greer's would have had to order the part any way and was more expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    I have also done the same thing on several occasions. You would be surprised how many problems can be easily repaired yourself. What is wrong with it anyway?
    First-hand "second" on this - I'd "like" it but there's no such button on this thread. Have leveraged several more years out of our washer, dryer, etc by just taking a few minutes to tinker and at least try to fix stuff on my own. Worth a shot.

Amazon is also great for parts, cheap.

When you get right down to it, fridges are basically a box with a compressor/heat exchanger and fan, controlled by one or more thermostats and timers. Kinda like when a car goes south, you start with "fuel or fire," and work from there.

Many times, a refrigerator can be knocked out of commission by a $10 switch, sensor, timer, or thermostat that can be readily replaced. What I love about Wade's Appliance in Moore is that they actually want to help the DIY'er to the extent they can; I've called them a few times with a generic problem and they can often (but not always) say "Hey, when that happens, its usually the XYZ part, and we've got those for $Y."

My mom has a 49-year-old fridge she bought at Sears (yes, you read that right, 49 years) that she's helped keep up precisely this way with a couple of DIY timer replacements.

Good luck.

12. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

I'll third or fourth Wade's in Moore. Very, very helpful and friendly. Guy even showed me a trick for removing the panel in my fridge on one he had in the shop.

13. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Bumping this thread for an updated recommendation. Washer needs repair. Fixed it once by myself, but at this point it is beyond my knowledge and skill set. Who ya got?

Wade's in Moore

15. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    Wade's in Moore
    Yes, called them before I posted this and they told me I was out of their service area which they said was "just the Moore area." Thanks, though.

Try Bob's Appliance Repair 787.5645 or Adams Appliance 397.7900

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Yes, called them before I posted this and they told me I was out of their service area which they said was "just the Moore area." Thanks, though.
    Move to Moore then

18. Default Re: Appliance Repair Reccomendations?

Thank you all. Had a great experience with N2 in Edmond. Love that you could make your appointment online. Would recommend.

Pete or Martin....can we fix the spelling in the title? It is driving my OCD crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Pete or Martin....can we fix the spelling in the title? It is driving my OCD crazy.
    I'm beggining to think I should reccomend you acellerate the pace at which you respond. This thread was startted 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I'm beggining to think I should reccomend you acellerate the pace at which you respond. This thread was startted 6 years ago.
    LOL...but there was a 6 year gap that it didn't come up in my Latest Posts feed.

Thread Information