Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OKSea

Blog Entries

Default Re: OKSea

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Now if they can get that one parking space blocked off... I think maybe the Renaissance is the owner of it (for valet).
    I would recommend they put a sign up that says "use at your own risk" or something to that effect. Can you imagine the legal storm if someone falls and hurts themselves on these? Not complaining, I love them vs the old ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	11057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	11058

Really brightens up the streetscape on a dull day (albeit my kinda day).

Blog Entries

Like*

Dog park is almost finished.

There are two double gates; one near Anchor Down and the other you see in the second photo closer to Aloft.

That is a really bad location for a dog park. Should have a built a new road to connect to Bricktown and make it more appealing to develop that huge surface lot.

A road is never going to go through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A road is never going to go through there.
    Why? Has one ever gone through?

Also, speaking for places for parks and what not, I really wish they'd remove those cloverleafs and turn them into flyovers. That would open up a ton of development opportunities. It's amazing how much land is going unused just for the on and off ramps.

Oklahoma has never gone through there as far as I know.

Plus, it's a dog park. Fence and grass. Easiest thing to move/remove in the world.

Looks good, but forcing pedestrians to walk THROUGH anchor down's patio is such a bonehead move. It is awkward where the sidewalk meets the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oklahoma has never gone through there as far as I know.

Plus, it's a dog park. Fence and grass. Easiest thing to move/remove in the world.
    That's true.

Another big reason I'd also like to see a street or perhaps just a large pedestrian walkway is I think it'd help the appeal of redeveloping that huge parking lot to the south.

Since there's rail there, a road would require a railroad bridge. It would take out a bunch of the parking to the south and would have a rather ungainly appearance because of the height required for rail to potentially pass underneath it. That line is the Adventure Line which the city would like to use someday.

That rail line is also the preferred connection point for trains like the Eastern Flyer to get up to the Santa Fe Station platform. Of course, right now the line is inactive, but that's the line that they want to rebuild and use. It's currently owned by Union Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why? Has one ever gone through?
    The rails used to go completely through downtown to the connection that is west of the county jail. Eventually they rerouted but that area where the parking lot is used to be a full fledged railyard with a turntable and all. Skinny Slims used to be the yard hands bunkhouse and the police station in Bricktown used to be the freight depot. Doug Dawg has a blog on OKC Rail History and there are several pics of this area in it.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    The rails used to go completely through downtown to the connection that is west of the county jail. Eventually they rerouted but that area where the parking lot is used to be a full fledged railyard with a turntable and all. Skinny Slims used to be the yard hands bunkhouse and the police station in Bricktown used to be the freight depot. Doug Dawg has a blog on OKC Rail History and there are several pics of this area in it.
    Thank you. I'm going to check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Thank you. I'm going to check those out.
    Doug Dawgz Blog: Okc Trains Part 1

18. Default Re: OKSea

^^^^^
    Gotta say, while I usually love grid reconnection, in this case I think it would be harmful to the character of both DD and of Main Street in Bricktown. Now, a better more formalized pedestrian connection along the same alignment? THAT I could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^
    Gotta say, while I usually love grid reconnection, in this case I think it would be harmful to the character of both DD and of Main Street in Bricktown. Now, a better more formalized pedestrian connection along the same alignment? THAT I could get behind.
    Isn't there still a possibility of the city building a commuter line spur that curves from the south to the east IF A) UP doesnt allow use of their spur and B) that parking garage isn't built right next to the BNSF viaduct?

I know it would be stupid to have a neighborhood station on that possible elevated spur line right next to the main north south line of commuter lines but you put that in, in this elevated sense and BAM you knock out two birds with one stone...

Blog Entries

From the site plan...

... where will this be, in the unit to the West of Anchor Down or upstairs?

It will be in the downstairs unit west of A/D.

I've been saying for years that DeepDeuce needs a donut shop. Finally!

Dog park is now open:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I've been saying for years that DeepDeuce needs a donut shop. Finally!
    I'll have to admit her donuts are very good, I have usually one bought one or two at a time so i didn't give the price much thought. However for valentines I pre ordered a few dozen and it was $40 bucks. Is the rent in OkSea reasonably priced? I worry about people reaching a plateau with pricing a donut at $2 each, lets face it donut shops would go broke if everyone was only buying 1 or 2 donuts and not a dozen or 2 for the office or church or whatever. I wish her the best and hope she has huge success, but Im a bit worried.

Thread Information