Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

Very happy to report after I sent them a note with the issues I had been having about the Scan & Go at exit, and since that time I've used the app 4-5 times with no issue at all.

I think it was a matter of having the employees make sure their device is charged and working properly before people come to them for the final scan.

It's a fantastic bit of technology and since I live so close, I use Sam's as my go-to grocery store when I can. Even though the place is huge, I know where everything is, the prices are great, and that app means I'm in and out of there as fast as I can walk to get the things I need.

I haven't used their Pickup service which would be even faster, in theory.

Very happy to report after I sent them a note with the issues I had been having about the Scan & Go at exit, and since that time I've used the app 4-5 times with no issue at all.

I think it was a matter of having the employees make sure their device is charged and working properly before people come to them for the final scan.

It's a fantastic bit of technology and since I live so close, I use Sam's as my go-to grocery store when I can. Even though the place is huge, I know where everything is, the prices are great, and that app means I'm in and out of there as fast as I can walk to get the things I need.

I haven't used their Pickup service which would be even faster, in theory.

When the pickup service worked, it was FANTASTIC. The check-in kiosk was in a very intuitive place near the front, you checked in and had the option to go pick up immediately, or choose some time to browse the store then go pick up. Browse the store, maybe pick up another couple items, go to the pick up area and check right out. Then they moved the kiosk to right by the pick up area, so you go check in and wait for someone to come to the pick up area, and that's assuming there's nothing blocking the kiosk. Dropped in yesterday and unfortunately they haven't moved the kiosk back where it belongs. My next order will be at the SW 5th store, if I'm going to get crap service then at least I'll go to the store closer to home.

Hurry up, Costco.

Default Re: Sam's Club

Just received this email... I believe they are using the photo space for their new optical dept.

Sam’s Club Photo has gone digital!

You’ve surely noticed that the photo counter at your local club has closed. That’s because we’ve made the leap into the future. Now all of your fave photo products are online.

Don’t worry: if you have an order already in progress, you can pick it up at your Member Services Desk.

Sam’s Club Photo online is everything you already love, with the convenience of fast shipping directly to you or your club. Need creative gifts for your selfie-loving friends? They’ll love Canvas Prints, Photo Books and Calendars. Just shopping for yourself? You’ll love personalized stationery and desk art of your puppies.

We’ve got you covered. Shop online at photo.SamsClub.com.

Here are some of the stores set to receive the Optical area.

4731-208 Oklahoma City OK | 9000 NW Psge, Oklahoma City, OK 73132

7189-203 Oklahoma City OK | 4101 N May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73112

8117-214 Oklahoma City OK | 1900 W Memorial Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73134

6238-206 Owasso OK | 12905 E 96th St N, Owasso, OK 74055

6267-207 Edmond OK | 1117 W I- 35 Frontage Rd, Edmond, OK 73034

Photo Centers are being removed to make way for the Optical Center. Appears the Optical Area will have a separate exterior door to enter through with one side going to the Exam side and the other going to the Sales side. Sales side is open to the store as well.

I was thinking Norman would get one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    I was thinking Norman would get one too.
    It probably will. These were just the ones listed on the plans that I saw and could just be the first batch.

The Sam's at 1117 W I-35 Frontage Road, Edmond is getting what they call Shop-In produce and dairy coolers as well as a fresh juice bar.

This is the optical department at the 39th & May Sam's, very close to opening.

It's located to the left as you enter, in the spot of the old photo department.

Also at the 39th & May location they are installing a walk-in produce area in the southeast corner of the store:

Glad to see lower cost prescription glasses options actually happen. That state question a couple years ago got defeated because of a bunch of scare tactics and was just protectionist thinking from optometrists.

Well Well Well, it appears Costco has made Sams decide to up their game, so to speak.

Competition is a wonderful thing, a monopoly is not.

They've changed their hours.

No more early shopping hours; open to everyone at 9AM and close at 8PM.

The produce cave is now open at 39th and May.

15. Default Re: Sam's Club

Our Sam's in Norman still has some special hours going for seniors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	15984  

The one in Edmond has produce and dairy cave.

Looks like Sam's has restored their old hours, whereby Plus Members can get in at 8AM.

The problem with the senior and at risk hours, is that people who are not are coming because the store is open. Stores don't ask if the younger person is an at risk, so the stores are packed with people who are shopping because the store is open and defeats the whole reason for us seniors.

Another great tech improvement for Sam's...

At their gas station, instead of having to insert your membership card then your payment card, you can now use the Scan & Go app to scan a QR code on the screen at the pump and that takes care of the payment.

Really slick.

Kum & Go is deploying similar technology, at least near me. I think that will be a pretty common feature at gas stations in the next year. I could see OnCue deploying that as they tend to be pretty aggressive in amenities.

i have yet to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Another great tech improvement for Sam's...

At their gas station, instead of having to insert your membership card then your payment card, you can now use the Scan & Go app to scan a QR code on the screen at the pump and that takes care of the payment.

Really slick.
    Hoping Costco implements that, too. I can already use the app as my card at the door and the register, but would really like to at the pump as well, even if it's just to replace using the membership card.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Hoping Costco implements that, too. I can already use the app as my card at the door and the register, but would really like to at the pump as well, even if it's just to replace using the membership card.
    i just wish costco would turn on the NFC readers at the gas pumps .. (they are already installed)

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Right, you can use the Scan & Go app at Sam's as your membership card as you enter.

I don't even need my wallet at Sam's and can completely skip the checkout register.

24. Default Re: Sam's Club

Right, you can use the Scan & Go app at Sam's as your membership card as you enter.

I don't even need my wallet at Sam's and can completely skip the checkout register.
    And there is kind of a loophole too. Anyone you trust with your login can also use the Scan and Go and add their own credit card. I let my family use my login since they only go to Sams one a year or so.

I need re-evaluate starting my Sam's membership back up. Having gone to Costco for the past year, there are things about each that I like, and I don't think it would be a waste of money to have membership at each. I really miss the Scan and Go app.

Thread Information