Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I’m curious to see how this Sam’s exit checker works. Will you have to scan something or how will it know who you are and what to verify against. Excited to see it in person in near future. I make weekly trips to Sam’s.
    I don't think you scan anything. You pay and walk out under one of the arches.

They track what you paid through the cash registers (self checkout or traditional) or Scan & Go. So they already know the items you've paid for; the cameras just compare that to what is in your cart.

Kinda of scary and cool at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I do like places with the QR code to pay on the check. One snap, Apple or Google Pay and on my way. Love it.
    Yes! I do like this kind of QR code usage! And the QR code for a dynamic menu is also a very good use of it, I agree.

3. Default Re: Sam's Club

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think you scan anything. You pay and walk out under one of the arches.

They track what you paid through the cash registers (self checkout or traditional) or Scan & Go. So they already know the items you've paid for; the cameras just compare that to what is in your cart.

Kinda of scary and cool at the same time.
    I am sure there will be chaos in the early launch of this. Confusion on how it works and all that. I figured they might do one line traditional and one AI. No idea what technology. they are using but I am guessing it is similar to Mashgin or Radius AI that some convenience stores use.

I did read on a forum from Sams employees they expect more theft as apparently people empty out the large cup boxes and put items in there to steal. Now if only the robot mop would catch them.

these work at the Moore Location now

I've been to the 39th & May location twice since they started this automated receipt checking.

The first time an employee stopped me after passing through under the arch and said she needed to scan my receipt -- that the system isn't working 100%. Second time I tried to hand her my receipt and she said she didn't need it.

Hopefully they get the bugs worked out because as of now you have no idea if you need to stop or not.

I use scan and go exclusively and on Saturday at 39th and May we walked through, and I had my barcode ready and she said " I got you already, have a great day" and was looking at a handheld. Pretty cool and hopefully no more receipt lines.

Thread Information