Widgets Magazine

Thread: Crunch Fitness

Far West Crunch Fitness

Crunch Fitness has filed plans to take over the former Homeland store at 11214 W. Reno, just east of Mustang Road.

They are a national chain and recently opened its first Oklahoma location on Main Street in Norman.

https://www.crunch.com/

Default Re: Crunch Fitness

Sweet...3 gyms within a mile of my house

Crunch is taking the old Mardel building at 4848 NW Expressway:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Crunch is taking the old Mardel building at 4848 NW Expressway:

Did that Marcel close or going to close soon? I thought it was open and still listed on their site.

I was really hoping they would take over the old golds space on Portland/NW Expressway

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Did that Marcel close or going to close soon? I thought it was open and still listed on their site.
    I suspect they are planning to close it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I suspect they are planning to close it soon.
    They may be closing soon but they were definitely open today with a lot of cars in the parking lot.

Crunch is definitely taking the Mardel building on NW Expressway:

I wish they would build one on the south side. I would potentially start going there over Planet Fitness.

They are also putting one in at May and NW 122nd, in what looks to have been an old grocery store, possibly a Homeland.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crunch.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	563.0 KB 
ID:	18493

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    They are also putting one in at May and NW 122nd, in what looks to have been an old grocery store, possibly a Homeland.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crunch.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	563.0 KB 
ID:	18493
    Yes, they are going into the long-vacant Homeland there.

They have filed plans for another location at the old TJ Maxx space at 8490 Northwest Expy (west of Council, south side of street).

The proposed agreement to have Crunch Fitness occupy the old Mardel on NW Expressway must have fallen through. It is now called 3 Strand Vintage Antique Mall. I saw (and heard) a TV commercial with Mike Munday's voice announcing the new business.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The proposed agreement to have Crunch Fitness to occupy the old Mardel on NW Expressway must have fallen through. It is now called 3 Strand Vintage Antique Mall. I saw (and heard) a TV commercial with Mike Munday's voice announcing the new business.
    Thanks for that info.

Made no sense they would have two locations so close (the other being at Rockwell & NW Ex).

15. Default Re: Crunch Fitness

It always bugs me how much treadmill space gyms put in for them to just sit unused.

I'd much rather have more weight space. With cardio, you have 30 machines all doing the same thing, with 3 of them being used. With the weight equipment, it's all specialized so you can't just duplicate in the same way. I'm not sure how they develop their formulas to decide how many of what to put in, but they do all seem to have the same proportions going.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It always bugs me how much treadmill space gyms put in for them to just sit unused.

I'd much rather have more weight space. With cardio, you have 30 machines all doing the same thing, with 3 of them being used. With the weight equipment, it's all specialized so you can't just duplicate in the same way. I'm not sure how they develop their formulas to decide how many of what to put in, but they do all seem to have the same proportions going.
    When I was going to the Earlywine Y on a regular basis, it was sometimes impossible to find a treadmill at 7 am. They may place machines based on peak times and they look unused during off peak times.

Still no word on what might go into the old Gold's space at NWX and Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStrings View Post
    Still no word on what might go into the old Gold's space at NWX and Portland?
    It's still listed for lease.

Thread Information