Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

The building permit for this project was finally issued and they just applied for construction trailers which may already be on site.

Dirt should start moving soon.

See article at top of the page for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The building permit for this project was finally issued and they just applied for construction trailers which may already be on site.

Dirt should start moving soon.

See article at top of the page for details.
    Construction fence is up around the entire property as of this morning.

Thats great news! Anyone know anything about the Oncue at 36th and May?

Snapped these today while stopped at the traffic light:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1276.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	10536

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1275.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	10537

This is from warreng88:

Making good progress. I'm sure they want to be open before the holidays.

From warreng88:

They are moving super fast on this, as the exterior is almost finished.

I bet they open next month.

I'm not sure at what speed Sam's moves in relation to a new Walmart, but when the new Walmart I worked for in 2007 opened, we took possession of the building only after it was complete and the exterior landscaping and parking was completed, and it was about 7 weeks after that to get the interior fitted out and stocked. They'll probably be ready just at the beginning of November sometime I would imagine.

Went by there yesterday and the lights are on inside and they are working away...

I bet they'll be open before Thanksgiving.

Yay! I'm just stoked that I don't have to go to Penn and Memorial anymore for Sam's!

I'm not sure if I'll get a Sam's membership (may do it just for dog food, as they have great prices on that stuff and my 3 go through a lot) but I agree that location is going to be excellent.

In fact, I've already made a few runs to the Lowes just to the south and *love* that location. Super easy to get to from downtown and not completely overrun, even on the weekends.

Now, if we can just get the Winco fired up at 39th & Portland, we'll have quite a grouping of big retailers on the near NW side.

My other half thinks with Sam's coming this close to our place we need to get a membership. I don't really see the need and probably wont since I don't shop with Walmart. I have ran through my head trying to find a reason and I just don't see one. I do think its a great location though and glad that old Dealership lot is finally gone!.

I use Lowe's all the time though and look forward to Winco!

Blog Entries

There's a Sam's membership Groupon out this morning if that helps any decision making processes.

14. Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

Since it is reasonably close to my home, I've been talking with my fiance about getting a membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I have ran through my head trying to find a reason and I just don't see one.
    My main reason for maintaining a membership (which I've had since 1992) is that it's the only place I've yet found that carries Hormel's pre-cooked bacon in the thin-sliced version. Other grocers seem to stock only the thick-sliced version. Putting 12 strips between two paper towels in the microwave and zapping them for 60 seconds provides a nice breakfast for my honey and me, alongside a couple of waffles or pancakes (courtesy of Eggo) on these frosty mornings... Thus I try to keep at least a couple of their bulk packages in the fridge at all times. To quote Ed McMahon, "When the (bacon) gets down to four, that's the time to buy some more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    My main reason for maintaining a membership (which I've had since 1992) is that it's the only place I've yet found that carries Hormel's pre-cooked bacon in the thin-sliced version. Other grocers seem to stock only the thick-sliced version. Putting 12 strips between two paper towels in the microwave and zapping them for 60 seconds provides a nice breakfast for my honey and me, alongside a couple of waffles or pancakes (courtesy of Eggo) on these frosty mornings... Thus I try to keep at least a couple of their bulk packages in the fridge at all times. To quote Ed McMahon, "When the (bacon) gets down to four, that's the time to buy some more!"
    That's why I got a Costco membership. It really is the best bacon you can buy without the mess of pans and grease everywhere. Glad I am not the only one.

I'd love to have a Costco in OKC. Until they decide to arrive, though, I gotta make do with what's available...

I'd love to have a Costco in OKC. Until they decide to arrive, though, I gotta make do with what's available...
    I honestly cannot tell the difference. I've been going to Sam's for many years with my father in OKC, and I just got my Costco membership here. Seems pretty much the same...

Same here! We've tried other brands' pre-cooked bacon and it doesn't compare.

It is big, beige and bland though. Ugh. They make enough to spend a bit on improving the look of their stores and parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    It is big, beige and bland though. Ugh. They make enough to spend a bit on improving the look of their stores and parking lots.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    concur. . . but a lot better than what was there. . .and so glad to have a Sam's in my 'hood

I have not shopped at any Walmart or Sam's since our printer broke in the middle of the night when my son had a paper due at 8 am. That was 8 years ago. I will do so when they start thinking a bit more about the community, their employees and aesthetics.

From yesterday:

It looks like they will be pouring concrete for the parking lot soon.

Thread Information