Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club

I keep both memberships. It seem worth it to me to be able to shop both stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Another great tech improvement for Sam's...

At their gas station, instead of having to insert your membership card then your payment card, you can now use the Scan & Go app to scan a QR code on the screen at the pump and that takes care of the payment.

Really slick.
    its sad how excited i was to see this added when i got gas last week! i always hated that i needed to carry my card just for gas because i never need it any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i just wish costco would turn on the NFC readers at the gas pumps .. (they are already installed)
    and costco NFC readers are now turned on at the pump ..

Can you guys explain NFC whatchacallit and what it will do for me?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post

Thanks in advance.
    You can use your phone with Apple or Google Pay to pay wirelessly instead of sliding your debit card. At least, that's what it means at most places, I haven't used that at either Costco or Sam's yet.

Visited Sam's today for the first time in over a year. Mostly the same place, which is fine, but the meat selection was great. They actually have full ribeyes, as opposed to Costco (which strips the spinalis and makes rib cap steaks), and I picked up a 2-pack of prime strips for, I think, $12/pound. Full packer brisket for 2.67/pound, which is terrific.

I have the next 7 months or so to decide whether I renew Costco, but that Scan 'n Go app is a total game changer from my standpoint. All things being equal between the two, for my household's needs, that could be the deciding factor. For now, I'll be happy to have both in case one has an exclusive on something I need/want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    You can use your phone with Apple or Google Pay to pay wirelessly instead of sliding your debit card. At least, that's what it means at most places, I haven't used that at either Costco or Sam's yet.
    it also lets you have contact less payments even if you just use your credit/debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it also lets you have contact less payments even if you just use your credit/debit card.
    Good point, none of my cards have it built in, yet, so I didn't even think about that.

I've been a Sam's member forever. The Scan and Go app is lifechanging. I couldn't imagine not having that available. I used it at the gas pump last week and it worked great.

I've never been in Costco but I'd like to take a look. If they had an app to check out yourself I'd have already joined. I was talking to my stepfather last night and he bought his new hearing aids at Costco for $1,500. The same ones were $4,000 at Sam's and $6,000 at a hearing aid store. That kind of pricing for something so important makes me want to give them my business.

^

When I lived in California, I was the biggest Costco fan around and they generally do a great job. And I really don't like Walmart.

But I live a mile from a nearly new Sam's and it's awesome. It's never that busy and the Scan & Go app is amazing.

I still have an active Costco card but it's a good drive and it's always super busy. I went several times when they opened but I rarely go these days. I may not renew my card and just renew if/when I feel compelled to buy something unique on-line.

You can buy stuff from Costco online without being a member, but there is a 5% surcharge. So you have to weigh the surcharge value vs the price of a membership.

I loved Costco when I lived in California, but now that I'm in SWOK, Sam's is a savior. I use their no cost shipping on an almost weekly basis for all kinds of household needs. It's better than Amazon. Does Costco offer free shipping to members? I think I've seen a $75 dollar minimum with additional surcharges on the goods. Rarely are prices higher at Sam's for shipped goods and there's no minimum limit.

13. Default Re: Sam's Club

^

When I lived in California, I was the biggest Costco fan around and they generally do a great job. And I really don't like Walmart.

But I live a mile from a nearly new Sam's and it's awesome. It's never that busy and the Scan & Go app is amazing.

I still have an active Costco card but it's a good drive and it's always super busy. I went several times when they opened but I rarely go these days. I may not renew my card and just renew if/when I feel compelled to buy something unique on-line.
    They did away with my only complaint about the app now. I don't know when they changed the policy, but I recently noticed that you can now also purchase alcohol via the scan and go app. Prior to this, you had to go through the checkout lines for it. The app gives you a red barcode so that they know they should check ID (never happens for me, I'm too old!).

They also now use the same hand-held scanner at the door for all receipts, including Scan & Go.

It used to be they had to find and power-on the device just for Scan & Go and more than once I stood there as several people with paper receipts were waved through. No more!

I had mentioned my desire to switch to the new Amazon Pharmacy but when I saw they were going to charge about $40/month for the medication that costs me zero at Sam's, I stuck with Sam's.

And through this process, I learned that Sam's will mail your medications to you for no charge. Not sure if this is new or not but I'm going to try it on my next refill.

16. Default Re: Sam's Club

We had a Sam's membership for years. Then I let it go because we didn't use it enough. Last spring I joined again because I saw FB posts of Sam's sometimes having things no one else could stock. Never have been in there. I just can't bring myself to add another place I go inside. This COVID #%*+ sucks!

Does anyone know if the Sam's in Edmond has been requiring masks, even though the City of Edmond does not?

I ask because I wonder if the OKC stores will drop the requirement once the city mandate expires at the end of this month.

Does anyone know if the Sam's in Edmond has been requiring masks, even though the City of Edmond does not?

I ask because I wonder if the OKC stores will drop the requirement once the city mandate expires at the end of this month.
    Good question with lots of national chains. They all mostly have used the “local ordinance” as reasoning

I was at the Sam’s in Edmond this morning. Employees were wearing masks. Most customers were masked, but several were not. I imagine that if they have a mask policy, they aren’t enforcing it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by theanvil View Post
    I was at the Sam’s in Edmond this morning. Employees were wearing masks. Most customers were masked, but several were not. I imagine that if they have a mask policy, they aren’t enforcing it any more.
    edmond walmart and sams no longer have the forced mask signs on their doors ..

I am one who wears and mask and social distances more then the 6 ft. I do around 15 ft from those without masks. These people just dont seem to care about us older folks who do social distance and mask. I did have another incident in the Edmond Sam's club this past week. These people just dont care and will run you over with their shopping carts. I have bad knees and cannot move fast. Why the heck do these people just if you dont move fast enough to get out of their way will literarlly knock you over with their carts. Yes larger middle aged men. No one seems to care about older women these days.

Dont say do the online. I've tried that and had over half my order out of stock when you could see people walking out the door with the items in their carts.

23. Default Re: Sam's Club

The Sam's in Norman still does 7am to 9am elderly folks shopping only time on Tuesdays.

I go in the morning during plus hours. I will have to remember about the 7 am on Tues. One thing I have noticed in the past when going to senior/at risk hours is that a lot of younger very able bodied people shopping. The stores will not ask if they are at risk and people know this and just go in and shop.

I think this is the reason some stores stopped having those hours is because it was packed with younger people.

Thread Information