Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

^^^^^

It's amazing to me that they didn't even bother to paint over the rusty white metal. Really an eyesore.

I have a friend that knows the OnCue head honcho and I am going to ask him to tell the guy that sign looks out of place. Don't know if it will do any good but IMO it needs to be changed. I seen it the other day driving down May and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Yeah it used to belong to the dealership that was sold several times over. It's grandfathered. But May Ave between 50th to 23rd is a signage hell. I especially hate the giant cheeseburger pole sign. Not that it would be any better as a box on a pole.

This grandfathered sign business probably need to stop. I saw the new vape shop in the "terry's two way" building across from taft. It's just got a cheap vinyl tarp hung over the old sign with bungee cords. Signage should be like plumbing, electric, ADA, and everything else. When a new business goes in or the building is sold, it needs to be brought up to code.

I'm a fan of broadway signage: requiring it to be attached to the structure. It inspires people to build more attractive, eye catching signs. Rather than HUGE in your face, blocking your view from anything but the sign in sight triangles and lines of sight.

5. Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

^^^^^
    Thè sign even predates the dealership; it was at the very least from the carpet place that was there in the eighties and nineties. One thing I noticed when looking at it is that demo might be pricey, and perhaps that was a factor in retaining it. But really, it is probably mostly that it dominates the surrounding landscape. And yeah, I noticed the rusty/bare/unpainted metal too.

Back to the subject...

I went in this Sam's last night and I didn't notice it was any different than any other... Laid out the same with the same items.

That said, I'm happy to have one closer in as I buy bulk dog food about once a month and a few other items there. Only 10 minutes from downtown.

7. Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

Wait...only 10 minutes from downtown? I know of at least half a dozen reasonably decent grocery stores that are even closer than that, yet we've repeatedly been told here that there are absolutely no grocery options within even FIFTEEN minutes of downtown...

I really enjoyed the fresh made tortillas and fresh squeezed orange juice.

terryinokc Guest

Been there a couple of times and glad it's here....but it's horrible to try to get in and out of the parking lot...especially cars leaving trying to go north.
    Any word about a traffic light at the exit/entrance? I know there's one just a block away, but this place is ripe for numerous accidents. I ended up going west around the neighborhood.

I've really grown to love this store and it's proven to be a completely satisfying replacement for my former addiction to Costco.

On several occassions, I've had people on the floor ask me if I needed help... That literally never happened in 10+ years shopping at Costco.

This past weekend, I bought a nice grill (and after much shopping around, at a bargain price) and 3 different people went above and beyond in helping me.

First, I asked the woman at the self-checkout about the process for buying an assembled grill right off the floor. She left her post, when and rolled one over to checkout while I did some other shopping, that took care of everything for me.

Then, she told me to ask at the front door if I needed help getting it into my car. The lady at the front insisted on getting someone to help me and summoned a nice kid who indeed was happy to help me get it loaded.

Maybe because it's a newer location -- because I did not have these types of experiences at I-40 & McArthur -- but the people at this store have been great and they pretty much carry everything I bought at Costco.

I also really like the self checkout (something Costco doesn't have) and the Scan & Go app.

I am at this location about once a week. they are always pleasant and helpful and the self checkout is a game changer. I get through in no time flat!. as I did this sunday I thought why does anyone go through the regular checkout you can scan everything in your cart and not even remove it and be done! it is also not ever as busy as that one on I-40. that one is horrible. This location was the reason I bought a membership.

Also loving this location. It's never too busy and the customer service is top notch. Pretty much the same set up as every Costco I've ever been to, especially the one up in Tulsa.

I'm just about ready to stop using Scan & Go.

Fantastic tool and super easy to use, but 3 of the last 4 times I've used it the people scanning the bar code from your phone at the door couldn't do it.

First, the battery on their scanner was dead. The next time the guy couldn't get it to work. And just yesterday the lady kept trying and actually took my phone (without asking) and messed things up to the point I had to take it back from her and then undo the closing of the program, etc. She had to try and scan it several times, jack with her scanner, on and on.

And in every instance, people are whizzing by me on their way out while I stood their waiting and waiting.

I'm going to write them an email and tell them to either commit to getting their employees trained properly, or scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm just about ready to stop using Scan & Go.

Fantastic tool and super easy to use, but 3 of the last 4 times I've used it the people scanning the bar code from your phone at the door couldn't do it.

First, the battery on their scanner was dead. The next time the guy couldn't get it to work. And just yesterday the lady kept trying and actually took my phone (without asking) and messed things up to the point I had to take it back from her and then undo the closing of the program, etc. She had to try and scan it several times, jack with her scanner, on and on.

And in every instance, people are whizzing by me on their way out while I stood their waiting and waiting.

I'm going to write them an email and tell them to either commit to getting their employees trained properly, or scrap it.
    My wife and I had the same experience at the Penn and memorial location. I think they need to setup a kiosk at the exit that is hardwired to network and power. The kiosk then prints a receipt that the non-IT person up front can read.

They just need to train their employees and have proper management.

ALL those people have to do is count items and check off receipts. Not too much to ask that they make sure the device is properly charged and that they know how to use it.

I had to deal with the fine, very intelligent people at Dish earlier today, so I don't have the energy for a rant. Without going into details, let me also say that the bloom is off the rose at the 39th and May location and while I was formerly of the impression that's where they sent the good employees, I now consider them about the same level as the ones at sw 5th. The lack of training, care, and consideration for the customer appears to be a company-wide issue, and from what I can tell, pretty deeply ingrained into the culture.

It seems to me a year ago the threat of Costco being imminent scared them. A year later and it seems we're no closer to having one (not saying this is TRUE, just saying it seems this way, especially to the competition), and Sam's no longer feels they have a reason to run with no dog nipping at their heels.

They just need to train their employees and have proper management.

ALL those people have to do is count items and check off receipts. Not too much to ask that they make sure the device is properly charged and that they know how to use it.
    I agree with the battery part, but the other issues sound like network connectivity issues. I used to work as a tech for the contractor that use to do IT work for Walmart and we were understaffed by 4 or 5 techs for this region. Most stores were in bad shape with several registers down and various other back end issues. I don't know if they ever found a contractor who could handle the workload better.

I sent them an email through their website.

However another huge frustration: You have to pick a club from their drop-down menu and the one at 39th & May was not even listed. So, had to send it through another club's address explaining the issues were actually for this particular location.

We'll see what comes of all this.

At the very least they need to train their employees not to grab your phone. It was an older lady who completely jacked up my phone in the process and it's just bad customer service, although she was very nice.

This is one of those areas where 'friendly' does not equate to good service. As I often say about places in OKC, those two things are two often viewed as the same thing.

Yah I stopped using Scan and go for that reason. its faster for me to use the self checkout and go on my way.

What I don't get—in the situations where their Scan and Go scanner isn't working—is why they can't just confirm visually that you've paid and let you go. That's all they do with the paper receipts anyway. Last time I was there they were having scanner issues and they made me stand there for ten minutes until it started working again. Is there some negative consequence of walking out of there without a payment confirmation scan?

21. Default Re: Sam's Club to 39th & N. May

We live closest to this location and love the fresh made tortillas. They have become my favorite breakfast food with eggs, ham, and cheese in them.

Last time I was as Sam's their handheld scanner wasn't working. After failed 3 attempts the employee let me leave.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    What I don't get—in the situations where their Scan and Go scanner isn't working—is why they can't just confirm visually that you've paid and let you go. That's all they do with the paper receipts anyway. Last time I was there they were having scanner issues and they made me stand there for ten minutes until it started working again. Is there some negative consequence of walking out of there without a payment confirmation scan?
    When you go to leave the store, all you do is hold up your phone which displays a bar code which they quickly scan through a hand-held device (that too often doesn't work properly or at all, due to the equipment or employee error) and then quickly count and verify your items.

The screen they scan does not list the items (or, I believe, even the # of them) so there is no way to verify anything before letting you pass. (I believe that shows on their hand-held device.)

Also, once they scan the barcode it goes into their database and your screen is cleared.

Lots of ways to get around this (such as showing the # of items) but they first have to admit they have a problem that needs fixing.

I will report back when (if) I hear back from them.

I absolutely love the app when they can manage it properly at the exit.

When you go to leave the store, all you do is hold up your phone which displays a bar code which they quickly scan through a hand-held device (that too often doesn't work properly or at all, due to the equipment or employee error) and then quickly count and verify your items.

The screen they scan does not list the items (or, I believe, even the # of them) so there is no way to verify anything before letting you pass. (I believe that shows on their hand-held device.)

Also, once they scan the barcode it goes into their database and your screen is cleared.

Lots of ways to get around this (such as showing the # of items) but they first have to admit they have a problem that needs fixing.

I haven't had much of an issue using the app at memorial or the nw expressway store. At first when it rolled out the person had to always go grab it but they seem to constantly hold it now and are ready to scan when I use it. I only use that app when going to Sam's as I don't have huge number of items and I don't like waiting in their lines.

Ah, thanks. I didn't realize the app wouldn't clear out without the scan. That's what I was trying to figure out.

Thread Information