Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best OKC Banks

Default Re: Best OKC Banks

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Those of you with local banks, what is it like travelling? I keep saying I'm going to drop my nationwide bank and go local, but I travel a lot, and I like having access to the bank/ATMs in different parts of the country.
    My bank will reimburse me for any fees charged at an ATM so I don't worry about that.

I've had a great experience with FFB (First Fidelity Bank). No fees at all and friendly staff. I also have Midfirst accounts along with USAA. I prefer to keep my money spread across multiple accounts.

The Nichols Hills Midfirst is open until 8pm which is convenient if you have a safe deposit box, main reason why I have a box and checking/saving accounts through them vs others.

I've been with about 5 different banks in okc, far and away my favorite has been RCB Bank. Not a lot of branches, but the ones they have are really nice. Anytime I've ever needed a loan I've always appreciated the fact that the guy across the desk from me has the authority to say no problem. Couldn't be happier with them.

When I see RCB signs I always think Rogers County Bank bank. Why didn't they just name it RC bank? For those that don't know (and probably don't care) the bank originated in Claremore, Rogers county, and the original name was Rogers County bank.
    C. T.

I HIGHLY recommend RCB Bank. They are Oklahoma owned and Oklahoma grown based out of Claremore. They are rapidly expanding in the N.OKC area, and their interest rates for cars are phenomenal. Just got 1.6% on a refinance. They are very sophisticated and have great online banking as well as a great iPhone app!

I have worked at four banks in the last ten years at all different levels of banking including teller, new accounts, customer service, credit analyst, loan officer and branch manager and I think it all depends on what you want. If you are old school, you want good customer service, to be able to go into a branch, talk to someone and them to know you by name. You like the rates to be lower but if a half point difference means you get better customer service, you are willing to pay that. If you are younger, you probably want technology more than anything. You want to be able to do everything from your home computer or phone including pay bills, transfer money and take pictures of checks deposited directly into your account. Also, you want really low rates and will change banks to get a lower rate. At least that has been my experience in this short time.

How about worst bank? I had an account for about 35 years at the old Union Bank and it was great. It's now called Interbank (50th and N. May) and I left about 6 months ago, It's owned by a smallish banking group owned by some Texas billionaire and they have RUINED that bank. I've heard it from so many people, it's a given now I guess.

Thread Information