Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HeyDay Expansion - $9 mil for bowling and meeting space

Default Re: HeyDay Expansion - $9 mil for bowling and meeting space

My girlfriend and I went to the new Heyday just a few days ago (had a free $5 arcade card), while it was nice looking it was way too expensive and too cramped. All the arcade games were $1 or more and you barely had any room between the games in the arcade. Walked around just checking everything out and noticed it seemed cramped everywhere. Took a look at the bowling areas, which looked very nice (reminded me of RedPin), but I'm not exactly sure what the price was to bowl (there was a big group at the counter paying or something), but I did hear you have to pay extra to rent out shoes, which I thought was a little odd (but maybe that's normal now-a-days). We ended up going over to Andy Alligators to play some games and there were way less people and the same exact arcade games were half the cost! We had a blast at Andy Alligators and never once felt cramped. Now I know Heyday is "new and shiny" but for the price and not feeling cramped everywhere you go, Andy Alligators is great! Although, If the pricing isn't ridiculous, I would like to try out the Heyday bowling, one thing Andy Alligators doesn't have.

FWIW- I have always had to pay a rental fee for shoes in the bowling alleys that i have frequented, usually a buck or two. This is nothing new or unique to now-a-days.

I have never been to a place that didn't charge a shoe rental price unless there is some kind of weekday special going on. I don't really consider it an extra charge. I just think of it as not getting a discount for having my own shoes.

Big group of us reserved lanes upstairs last Saturday night. I was very impressed with the upstairs. Really nice bar, pool table, plenty of tables and our server said they were putting in a dartboard. The lanes were excellent and the setup was designed for a good amount of socializing and drinking.

You actually pay for the lanes and shoes down stairs and they bring them up. This place is an excellent addition to the Moore/Norman and our group will definitely be spending some cash there over the years.

Haven't been to HD yet, but as for show rental, I've not rolled a ball in several, several years. But thinking as far back as goof-off nights in my juco days at the end of the 70's, there have been shoe fees everywhere I have ever gone of you did not bring your own. Gotta cover laces, Stink B Gone spray, and replacements somehow. Never thought anything of it.

Blog Entries

I went in December and was pleased with the changes

HeyDay was voted the top entertainment center in North America.

News | The Moore Daily

Awesome, that's quite an honor. The upstairs is really nice now, it's sort of a cross between a D&B and Red Pin. Also there are lots more food choices now.

The arcade downstairs is still basically the same as before. I'm hoping maybe they'll expand it in the years ahead or at least get a little more diverse with the game offerings available.

Thread Information